Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Just rescued a Chevy diesel from a ditch

Old 02-25-2011, 08:18 AM   #1
mccawi02 is on a distinguished road
Marines: 1st LAR Bn, 1st MarDiv (out in '09)
Name: Bill
mccawi02's Tacoma Gallery
Just rescued a Chevy diesel from a ditch

So someone ask me if I just rescued a Chevy Heavy Diesel SNOW PLOW from a ditch in this snow storm (upstate NY)............. Yeah. Yeah I did.

Passed by, pulled out the tow straps, pulled him out, shook the two guys' hands, and went off into the snowy sunset. Lol.

Sorry though, don't have any pics. The best part is the passenger, obviously the older and wiser of the two, turned toward his pal and said "Ok maniac. Get back in the friggin truck and let's go...."

Classic.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:20 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! I see you're from Clifton Park, I grew up not 20 minutes from you in good 'ol Schaghticoke. Didn't know you guys got snow, it's all rain here in Boston.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:24 AM   #3
Nice! Not that far at all! I spent plenty of time in Mass visiting an ex from Eastern Mass. Good luck with the storm. Pretty bad here. But not too bad to do some old fashioned chevy damsel in distress action. Drive safe.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:51 AM   #6
2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2chains's Tacoma Gallery
Nice...what kind of tow ropes do you have? I here you folks down south are having lots of snow!
Old 02-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-25-2011, 11:06 AM   #8
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
New favorite picture?
Old 02-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #9
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Why didn't you just leave him there? It was a Chevy after all.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:01 PM   #10
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottri View Post
Why didn't you just leave him there? It was a Chevy after all.
cause what goes around, comes around!
Old 03-01-2011, 03:41 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2chains View Post
Nice...what kind of tow ropes do you have? I here you folks down south are having lots of snow!
I've just got some 8000 lb strength yellow ropes with lops on both ends, not hooks or anything. I just attached one loop to my hitch ball joint and the other loop to his hitch ball joint, put the tacoma in L4 and went at it slow...out he came. I slid around only a little bit before catching some traction and then all was good (he did weigh about twice as much as me I think).
Old 03-01-2011, 06:34 AM   #12
Dadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Fil
Dadic 78's Tacoma Gallery
Man, I would've paid to see that.

Note to all: If ever pulling a full-size diesel out of ANYTHING before you get your straps out, get your camera out, and start filming!
Old 03-01-2011, 07:16 AM   #13
xxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to behold

xxaarraa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccawi02 View Post
So someone ask me if I just rescued a Chevy Heavy Diesel SNOW PLOW from a ditch in this snow storm (upstate NY)............. Yeah. Yeah I did.

Passed by, pulled out the tow straps, pulled him out, shook the two guys' hands, and went off into the snowy sunset. Lol.

Sorry though, don't have any pics. The best part is the passenger, obviously the older and wiser of the two, turned toward his pal and said "Ok maniac. Get back in the friggin truck and let's go...."

Classic.
Good karma for you for helping another person in need. What goes around, does come around.

Everyone gets stuck in a ditch now and then and needs a bit of help. Has nothing to do with being a Chevy or Toyota. Let's not be fanbois and make this out to be a Chevy versus Toyota thread. Could just as easily have been you in that ditch and a plow truck pulling you out (has happened to me).
Old 03-01-2011, 07:22 AM   #14
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadic 78 View Post
Man, I would've paid to see that.

Note to all: If ever pulling a full-size diesel out of ANYTHING before you get your straps out, get your camera out, and start filming!
X2