1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New 2009 LED tail lights

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Teufel Hunden, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Sep 10, 2008 at 7:21 AM
    Teufel Hunden

Teufel Hunden [OP] No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    09 MGray DC SB TRD-OR 4x4 V6 Auto SR5
    Undercover tonneau, OEM tow package with hitch, OEM retractable roof rack, Front window tint (legal), WeatherTech FloorLiners, Door sill protectors, Tacoma bed mat, Rear leaf spring TSB, OEM DRL mod, Door edge guards, AFE Pro-Dry S Air Filter, Removed secondary air filter, Smoked LED 3rd brake light, Romik running boards, Go Rhino hitch step, Extra set of D-rings mod, Bed cargo net, TRD wheel locks, OBX sport pedal covers.
    For those of you who really like and want the new 2009 LED tail lights and have a lot of money to spend, below is the information that I received from Toyota of Dallas. I have not ordered them yet as I am still hoping to do a swap and they are rather expensive. If you try to look up the part numbers through the http://www.toyotapartsales.com website, it will tell you that they do not exist. I'm guessing it's because they are too new and the online ordering system has not been updated yet. You will have to go to http://www.trdparts4u.com/ and use the "Part Order" form. Here are the part numbers and prices:

Hello Chris,

81560-04160
    81550-04160

List is $190.00 each, WEBSITE PRICE $142.81 EACH.

Thanks,

Jacque Arnondin

Parts and Accessories Internet Sales

www.TRDparts4U.com

www.toyotapartsales.com

www.fjcruiseroffroad.com

1-866-233-4305

2. Sep 10, 2008 at 7:41 AM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    good to know but like you said its pricey.

3. Sep 10, 2008 at 10:07 AM
    rkdiddy

rkdiddy Senior Member

Member:
    OC Baby!
    Vehicle:
    '08 Taco DC PR
    I'm pretty sure you can find someone to trade with, rather than paying for them. :cool:

Did you happen to ask how much the '09 lights are?

4. Sep 10, 2008 at 7:15 PM
    Teufel Hunden

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Undercover tonneau, OEM tow package with hitch, OEM retractable roof rack, Front window tint (legal), WeatherTech FloorLiners, Door sill protectors, Tacoma bed mat, Rear leaf spring TSB, OEM DRL mod, Door edge guards, AFE Pro-Dry S Air Filter, Removed secondary air filter, Smoked LED 3rd brake light, Romik running boards, Go Rhino hitch step, Extra set of D-rings mod, Bed cargo net, TRD wheel locks, OBX sport pedal covers.
    These are the prices that were quoted to me: List is $190.00 each, WEBSITE PRICE $142.81 EACH.

5. Sep 11, 2008 at 2:01 AM
    Greenblazer

Greenblazer Thread Killer

Member:
    Phoenix. Aridzona
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner Dblcab SR5 Black
    Home Made Tonneau, The Baba Booey Mod... Sirius Satellite Radio
    Does anyone know if they are a plug and play swap, or if wiring mods are required?

6. Sep 11, 2008 at 9:05 AM
    matt45648

matt45648 Well-Known Member

Member:
    plug and play.... Swapped mine out with a fellow member last week...

7. Sep 28, 2008 at 5:38 PM
    Teufel Hunden

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    I have just ordered and received these LED tail lights from Toyota of Dallas, so I can confirm that the part numbers and prices are good. You should know that shipping will cost you another $25, so the grand total will end up being $310.62.

8. Sep 28, 2008 at 6:14 PM
    bmarshall46

bmarshall46 Member

Member:
    FL
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma 4x4 dc lb
    How about the headlights. I would be interested in buying the 09 stk headlights if you know how to get them cheaper than retail.

9. Sep 29, 2008 at 7:35 AM
    Teufel Hunden

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Here is the link to my post about the new smoked headlights:
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/14399-new-2009-smoked-headlight-assemblies.html

Please remember that I have not purchased these, and don't plan on it in the near future, so I cannot verify that the information is correct. However, Toyota of Dallas has been very accurate and good to me with every order so far, and their prices are some of the best I have seen on the internet (the headlights are $80 cheaper than retail!). Just don't forget that shipping can cost around another $25.

10. Mar 16, 2009 at 8:52 AM
    doubleu

doubleu the páckáge totál

Member:
    Just wanted to +1 this thread and say thanks for the info in the 1st post. I bought an 09 right taillight off ebay, and then ordered the left one using the info above. I received them both this past Friday, got them installed last night (took about a minute per side), and they look AWESOME!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  11. Mar 20, 2009 at 8:17 AM
    Teufel Hunden

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    You're very welcome. I'm happy to help. I hope you continue to enjoy the lights!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  12. Dec 21, 2011 at 5:59 AM
    Whiplash777

Whiplash777 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    '09 Blue Double Cab Off Road
    Side steps, DRLs, DynoLock
    I just found the tail lights from Don Wood Toyota in Athens, OH for $147.12 (and less than $15 shipping for me here in upstate NY): https://www.partswebsite.com/oemparts123

81550-04160 Right Rear
    81560-04160 Left Rear

I backed into my workbench and had to order up a new one because I broke the lens. Oops!

13. Dec 21, 2011 at 6:52 AM
    crf69

crf69 scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR BSP cab'n 1/2
    ummm yeah
    they come up for sale all the time here......picked mine up for 200 shipped :)

Products Discussed in

To Top