Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Lost a bolt in the skid plate

Old 02-26-2011, 02:59 PM   #1
Eman5pt0 has a spectacular aura aboutEman5pt0 has a spectacular aura about
Name: E
Eman5pt0's Tacoma Gallery
Lost a bolt in the skid plate

I was changing the oil today and i noticed the skid plate seemed loose. the left side front bolt was gone, i dont see how it could have came out other than someone taking it out with a wrench. this ever happen to anyone else ?!
Old 02-26-2011, 03:07 PM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
not a big deal shit happens often....
Old 02-26-2011, 03:10 PM   #3
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
I'm missing two, you'll be fine
Old 02-26-2011, 03:14 PM   #4
im not worried about it being gone .. but im wondering if someone really took it out or did it just un thread from driving it ?
Old 02-26-2011, 03:16 PM   #5
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
ya hope not....get another bolt and re-install all of them with low strength locktite
Old 02-26-2011, 03:20 PM   #6
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
If you've ever gotten a rack replaced or anything where a shop needs to take off the skid they sometimes lose a bolt and don't tell you about it till youre under there gettin it off
Old 02-26-2011, 06:52 PM   #7
only took my truck to the shop for an oil change
the only thing i can thick of is someone tried to take the light bar off my truck and got the wrong bolt. OR maybe it was loose and after hitting bumps it loosened ?
Old 02-26-2011, 06:54 PM   #8
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
I had a skid bolt fall out on me once.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:04 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
I had a skid bolt fall out on me once.
alright, just wanted to see if one just fell out on anyone else .. i wont be as paranoid anymore
Old 02-26-2011, 07:10 PM   #10
jcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud of
jcayce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5pt0 View Post
alright, just wanted to see if one just fell out on anyone else .. i wont be as paranoid anymore
Be paranoid! (j/k) That exact same bolt was loose on my truck the other day. I was contemplating throwing a clip on my Fumoto and was under the truck debating if it was worth the effort. It seems like it would negate the tool free oil change...

Anyways, noticed that the skid plate was loose and the left front bolt was loose. How did that happen? No one touches my truck but me. Coincidence I suppose.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:15 PM   #11
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5pt0 View Post
that was me i wanted the light bar
Old 02-26-2011, 07:23 PM   #12
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Feh. Last time I had my plate off, I sheared off one of the bolts putting it back on.

It wouldn't thread easily so I looked at it and I saw that the theads had gotten blunted somehow. I should have left it out and just gotten a replacement, but I thought it would go in anyway.

The worst part of it was - I realized it was binding too tight and was in the act of backing out the bolt when it sheared.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:27 PM   #13
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
There is a TSB for bolts falling out of Tacomas. Take your vehicle to your dealer for repair.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:29 PM   #14
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
There is a TSB for bolts falling out of Tacomas. Take your vehicle to your dealer for repair.
they had the same recall for the bolt that fell out of your head
Old 02-26-2011, 07:31 PM   #15
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
they had the same recall for the bolt that fell out of your head
I thought you quit TW?
Old 02-26-2011, 07:35 PM   #16
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
I thought you quit TW?
you quit tw.......or were banned
Old 02-26-2011, 07:37 PM   #17

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
you quit tw.......or were banned