Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

gear shift from stop

Old 02-26-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
harpolith is on a distinguished road

Name: t-man
harpolith's Tacoma Gallery
gear shift from stop

Still haven't figured this out. If you can suggest search terms I'd appreciate it...
ISsue is this... when I begin to accelerate from a stop, it seems to of that the engine is starting to move me in second gear. There's plenty of power to get of up to speed, but it is slow to get up to 35mph. A lot of times if I give it a little more gas from a stop, it will drop a gear, And get me up to speed realty quick, but it doesn't feel natural cause it starts off in second, then drops to first with kind of a jerk. Seems to do this much more when engine is cold. It smooths out a little when warmed up, but not completely. I got the truck new last July. Don't remember having this prob until this winter. I guess my question is if this is normal or not. Or if has to do with engine temp. I can avoid it if I always drive with a light foot. BUt seems like if I give er hell right off the bat, shouldn't it just start in first rather than starting in second and then real quick jump into first? WOnder if this is just how tacos are geared. It makes me feel like I'm being hard on the engine doing anything but light foot. Any thoughts would be appreciated. THanks! 2010 v6 double cab.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:24 PM   #2
Zoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Zoot's Tacoma Gallery
My 2011 is the same way, someone mentioned getting it reflashed to fix shift points etc, I am having it done when I have my first oil change.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
harpolith is on a distinguished road

Name: t-man
harpolith's Tacoma Gallery
I found this thread. COmmon problem! Looks like there night be a TSB fix for us. THis thread is 26 pages long but check it out. THe fix is listed near the end of the thread.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...update-24.html