Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Locker came on on it's own.....

Old 02-26-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
Banned
Kingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarines-Sonar Tech
Kingfrog's Tacoma Gallery
Locker came on on it's own.....

Was making a slow speed turn, felt a shudder and lo and behold the ABS and locker lights were on.

Anyone experience this? I thought the locker had to be "coaxed" to come on and go off. I stopped hit the switch and it went off....Strange

Wonder what would happen if this happened at highway speeds...
Old 02-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #2
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
It is 4wd?

If not you may have bumped it with your knee. I did this once, but since I'm 4wd it doesn't come on unless I'm in 4Lo.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:43 PM   #3
Mayday
mmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Veteran
Name: Mike
mmadej87's Tacoma Gallery
is your locker button located next to your fog light button?

ive hit my locker button by accident thinking it was my fog light, and thankfully i have 4x4 so the switch didnt even work..

but if yours isnt 4x4 then maybe you accidently hit it while pressing the fogs?
Old 02-26-2011, 08:53 PM   #4
Banned
Kingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarines-Sonar Tech
Kingfrog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmadej87 View Post
is your locker button located next to your fog light button?

ive hit my locker button by accident thinking it was my fog light, and thankfully i have 4x4 so the switch didnt even work..

but if yours isnt 4x4 then maybe you accidentally hit it while pressing the fogs?
BINGO......Yeah it was like soup out here tonight and i tried to run with just the fog lights and turn off the head lights,,,I may have hit the diff switch and did not notice the blinking indicator..At least i HOPE "retardedness" set in. I would hate to have that thing kick in at speeds....

Yeahs its a 2WD and the switch can be turned on while at speeds but the indicator blinks until the speed is slow enough to engage I suppose.

Thanks....