Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Question about Pinstripes

Old 02-26-2011, 10:08 PM   #1
jabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of light

jabrackin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jabrackin
Question about Pinstripes

I was at the dealer today and I saw a 2011 silve truck.... i noticed on the side of the sides that there was a black and red pin strip.... matching the TRD logo on the rear..... is that new on the vehicle that comes OEM? I think my pinstrips are both black.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:45 AM   #4
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
They charge crazy money for them then they weather and crack a year later.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:02 AM   #5
ycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
ycart1201's Tacoma Gallery
My local dealer charges $89.99 for the pinstripes they put on EVERY vehicle they sale. If you want it, go to ebay and you can get it for about $5. =)

Nathan
ycart1201
Old 02-27-2011, 08:06 AM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ycart1201 View Post
My local dealer charges $89.99 for the pinstripes they put on EVERY vehicle they sale.
Same here. Removing the pinstriples was the first thing I did to my truck when I got it home.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:46 AM   #7
KevLot17 will become famous soon enoughKevLot17 will become famous soon enough

Name: Kevin
KevLot17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketball View Post
^^ Pinstripes are usually a dealer added "option".

The only exception I have seen to this personally was on my 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee. They came painted on (not pinstripe tape) from the factory.
I dont beleive that was a factory option either. people did painted stripes in the as much as they do tape stripes. alot of old body men just do that to make some cash on the side and not have to kick their asses to make a buck. however you could be right, but i know for a fact that alot of tape or paint striping goes on new and used cars at the dealerships. just depends on the guy they hire to do the job and what he prefers doing.

And if your looking to stripe your truck/car/whatever, dont go on ebay for $5, buy a roll of 'Pro Stripe' from your local parts store. the only tape ive seen that didnt shrink and crack or fade. plus they normally have a book that all the colors flip out of so you can see how well they match(if you use 2 differnt colors), or how good the color(s) lok on your vehicle