Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TSB 4 leaf vs 1.5" AAL

Old 02-27-2011, 03:55 AM   #1
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

TRDsport253's Tacoma Gallery
TSB 4 leaf vs 1.5" AAL

Are the TSB 4 leaf springs same as 1.5" AAL? My 05 Double cab rear seems to sit lower than the front. I has the 3 leaf pack. I'd like to lift the back end a bit. Get an AAL or wait for someone selling a used TSB 4 leaf pack set?
Old 02-27-2011, 05:14 AM   #2
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogiboy View Post
why buy when you can get it for free. it you dont like the free tsb after its installed then you can just buy another aal.
Because he won't necessarily get it for free- He's driving an 05.

OP-They are not the same. If you are seeing sagging the TSB will fix that. And AAL will give a bit mroe lift
Old 02-27-2011, 06:01 AM   #3
BartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of light
BartStar's Tacoma Gallery
I don't like the word "FREE" nothing is for free!
stop saying you got your springs for "FREE"
you had to sign some sort of disclosure, legal statement stating that after they installed those springs they are not responsible for any additional warranty claims of damage and stuff like that!
So when the springs fall off from an incomp mechanic failed to install them correctly you have no legal claim against them!
I hope you guys have a good torque wrench and a giant size bottle of Lock Tite!
Old 02-27-2011, 06:10 AM   #4
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
I got around 5/8" out of my 4th leaf with the TSB.

I know it varies in result, but if you want the full lift of 1.5", I wouldn't count on the TSB.

Get it with the thought you may have to get the AAL anyway...
Old 02-27-2011, 06:15 AM   #5
DSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to behold
Name: Kerri
DSMissed's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 06 and I couldn't get the leaf TSB done, so unless you can pull major strings, you are out of luck for that.

I got the toytec 1.5" AAL, it was pretty easy to install myself and now the rear sits a little higher than the front but not much. I didn't have any sag when I installed them though. I haven't noticed any settling yet either.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:16 AM   #6
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartStar View Post
I don't like the word "FREE" nothing is for free!
stop saying you got your springs for "FREE"
you had to sign some sort of disclosure, legal statement stating that after they installed those springs they are not responsible for any additional warranty claims of damage and stuff like that!
So when the springs fall off from an incomp mechanic failed to install them correctly you have no legal claim against them!
I hope you guys have a good torque wrench and a giant size bottle of Lock Tite!
If you signed a waiver like that or someone you know did you/they are fools. I did not sign anything except an invoice stating that I owed no money and listing the part numbers and work done to my truck.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:20 AM   #7
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
If you signed a waiver like that or someone you know did you/they are fools. I did not sign anything except an invoice stating that I owed no money and listing the part numbers and work done to my truck.
That is all I signed as well...
Old 02-27-2011, 06:37 AM   #8
&erson will become famous soon enough&erson will become famous soon enough
&erson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryWi View Post
That is all I signed as well...
same here, just the invoice for repairs done
Old 02-27-2011, 08:46 AM   #9
Beaver Believer
tencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4th BCT 25th ID Airborne
Name: Wes
tencrawler's Tacoma Gallery
I'm guessing you are out of warranty, as was I. So I went with a 1.5" 3 Leaf Progressive AAL from www.wheelersoffroad.com and I am very happy with my results. The AAL with 5100's makes for a much smoother ride.

Pre AAL

Post AAL
Old 02-27-2011, 08:52 AM   #10
chugchug is on a distinguished road

Name: Will
chugchug's Tacoma Gallery
If you have an extended coverage it may work. It work for me but they only gave me the 4 pack leaf springs no shocks. Try it out.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:58 PM   #11
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

Toyotec only make 2" AAL for non TSB springs. The 1.5" are for the TSB springs. If I get the 2" will that make back end way higher than the front. Will it give an ugly rake look? I'm out of warranty, and I'm sure the dealer will not cover it.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #12
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDsport253 View Post
Toyotec only make 2" AAL for non TSB springs. The 1.5" are for the TSB springs. If I get the 2" will that make back end way higher than the front. Will it give an ugly rake look? I'm out of warranty, and I'm sure the dealer will not cover it.
The 1.5" "TSB springs" work with the non-TSB springs. Ask me how I know.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:29 PM   #13

how I know.[/QUOTE]

How do you know? Let me guess your 07 has the 3 leaf pack and you got the 1.5" aal to work.