Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rust on wheel contact area

Old 02-27-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
Crodliner is on a distinguished road
Crodliner's Tacoma Gallery
Question Rust on wheel contact area

Bought my Tacoma new, then ran over a screw after about 1500 miles (tire is fine, btw ). However while putting on the spare, I was surprised to see rust. I asked parts/service at my local Toyota, and was told it's "normal, since they're alloy wheels. Otherwise there would be too much friction."

I plan on getting a second opinion this week. Anyone able to offer more info?

Thanks

Old 02-27-2011, 04:51 PM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got it too your fine
Old 02-27-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Cast iron always rusts...
Old 02-27-2011, 04:55 PM   #4
Crodliner is on a distinguished road
Crodliner's Tacoma Gallery
Alright. Wasn't sure, since I'm pretty ignorant and couldn't find any threads with something similar. Thanks a lot for the info