1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bad Vibration at 5MPH

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Sportsphreek, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Feb 28, 2011 at 11:46 AM
    Sportsphreek

Sportsphreek [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Double Cab TRD Off Road
    I have fought with Toyota and opened a case, but they still maintain this behavior is normal (It isn't).

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/132447-vibration-24-29-mph.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/136672-fixed-more-vibes-free.html

I plan on realigning the carrier bearing and potentially dropping it 1/4"-1/2" (Seems a bit much for just the Rear Leaf TSB) but I did have a question.

I do experience the take off shudder (Probably most likely ~5MPH) and the vibrations ~25, but at 5MPH the whole truck is practically bouncing up and down (Just coasting at 5MPH). ONLY at 5MPH (+/- 1MPH). The frequency is lower than the other vibrations - could this still be the carrier bearing and drive angle?

Additionally, as a general question, why would the vibrations only appear at certain speeds? Simple harmonics blending into the rest of the car or something?

Thanks,
    -SP

2. Feb 28, 2011 at 12:43 PM
    CrazyCooter

CrazyCooter Hold My Beer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Virginia
    i have some similar problems after adding my lift but i went and lowered my CB and i still feel the vibes at low speed and then again at 60 on the HWY but i really dont know what it could be. I have looked into everything.

3. Jun 21, 2020 at 7:01 AM
    2ndgen4lyfe

2ndgen4lyfe New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Trd Off-road
    A/T’s
    I just started experiencing this issue about a week ago. Took it to a mechanic who told me the tires were faulty. So I went to pep boys where I got my tires (cooper discoverer at3 with 8,000 miles on them). They proceed to tell me my suspension is shot and my tires are cupped causing the vibrations. $1,200 Of brand new suspension all around and new tires later and I’m still having the problem. There giving me some Falken wildpeak A/t3W’s because he said it could be the tire brand causing it. I then “had some words” (To put it nicely) with him before agreeing to take the wildpeaks. To be fair my OEM bilsteins were in rough shape but I Wish I would have known this is an issue.

4. Jun 24, 2020 at 4:57 PM
    ahyoung

ahyoung New Member

Member:
    I also have falken wildpeak A/T3W'S it vibrate early in the morning when the tires are cold, after a few miles the vibration goes away, and it drives great.

5. Jun 24, 2020 at 8:40 PM
    Pixeltim

Pixeltim Misunderstood member

Member:
    77 square miles surrounded by reality.
    Vehicle:
    '15 Black DCLB SR5
    Tires, Softopper, many pinstripes.
    So... are those tires made from the same material as the Space Shuttle O-rings?

Products Discussed in

To Top