LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Is quality bad?

Old 03-01-2011, 08:02 AM   #41
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I've been a Toyota fan for years. My entire family has owned nothing but Toyotas thru-out my lifetime. I've owned other things..... but this is my 2nd Toyota of my own.

All I can say is.... the quality isn't as good as it used to be. My 96 tacoma was a work horse for the 5 years I owned it (I bought it used with 60K miles on it). I'm hoping (and almost expecting) this 07 to be worry free for 10 years to keep up with past Toyota quality history. All the Toyotas that my parents, sister, & brother have owned....lasted 10 years or longer without issues.

This 07 - I've had minor warrantee work done to it (windshield washer pump replaced at purchase, radiator cap replaced/leaked, 3 alloy wheels were corroding, and got the TSB springs).
Old 03-01-2011, 08:06 AM   #42
TexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud of

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think so! My 98 almost has 170k and I've had no problems just reg. maint. My Grandad has owned 2 2gens a 05 and a 10 put 100k on both usually only puts 50k on a vehicle before selling it, but he says Toyotas are just made better then GM or Ford!
Old 03-01-2011, 08:16 AM   #43
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
Grandad is probably just flappin gums.

YEa, in the 80s it was no comparison. Today, it is.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:25 AM   #44
TexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud of

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
Not really he owns 3 GM 1tons and an F250 as work trucks. Has to spend way more money on repairs for them then he does his Taco. He also uses his Taco for work pulling a loaded 20' trailer from DFW to DC and back unloaded no problem. He says if Toyota ever comes out with a 1ton Diesel he is trading in all of his trucks and replacing them with Toyota. I'm not saying other people are wrong in there opinion but my Grandad doesn't just flap his gums. In his lifetime he's owned over 40 vehiles.