1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is quality bad?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Gray Tacoma, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Mar 1, 2011 at 8:02 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I've been a Toyota fan for years. My entire family has owned nothing but Toyotas thru-out my lifetime. I've owned other things..... but this is my 2nd Toyota of my own.

All I can say is.... the quality isn't as good as it used to be. My 96 tacoma was a work horse for the 5 years I owned it (I bought it used with 60K miles on it). I'm hoping (and almost expecting) this 07 to be worry free for 10 years to keep up with past Toyota quality history. All the Toyotas that my parents, sister, & brother have owned....lasted 10 years or longer without issues.

This 07 - I've had minor warrantee work done to it (windshield washer pump replaced at purchase, radiator cap replaced/leaked, 3 alloy wheels were corroding, and got the TSB springs).

2. Mar 1, 2011 at 8:06 AM
    TexAggie

TexAggie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    OME Lift
    I don't think so! My 98 almost has 170k and I've had no problems just reg. maint. My Grandad has owned 2 2gens a 05 and a 10 put 100k on both usually only puts 50k on a vehicle before selling it, but he says Toyotas are just made better then GM or Ford!

3. Mar 1, 2011 at 8:16 AM
    island808

island808 Me l've got brains.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '10 6speed 4x4 access cab
    Grandad is probably just flappin gums.

YEa, in the 80s it was no comparison. Today, it is.

4. Mar 1, 2011 at 8:25 AM
    TexAggie

TexAggie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    OME Lift
    Not really he owns 3 GM 1tons and an F250 as work trucks. Has to spend way more money on repairs for them then he does his Taco. He also uses his Taco for work pulling a loaded 20' trailer from DFW to DC and back unloaded no problem. He says if Toyota ever comes out with a 1ton Diesel he is trading in all of his trucks and replacing them with Toyota. I'm not saying other people are wrong in there opinion but my Grandad doesn't just flap his gums. In his lifetime he's owned over 40 vehiles.

Products Discussed in

To Top