Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

battery suddenly dies with no warning?

Old 02-28-2011, 07:33 PM   #1
GA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GA_TACO4x4's Tacoma Gallery
battery suddenly dies with no warning?

last time i got my oil changed, the dealer checked my battery and said it was reading only 12 volts and i should get a new one. i said no thanks ill wait, figuring i could ride it out, and judge on how much difficulty it has turning the engine over. hopped in the truck tonite tried to crank and nothing. not even the typical click-click-click u get with a dead battery. got jumped off and made it home and ill pick up a battery tomorrow. i just didnt expect the battery to just drop dead like that all of a sudden. is that normal? and why doesnt toyota put a voltmeter in the tacoma?!
Old 02-28-2011, 07:37 PM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
shit happens.....dont you know????
voltmeter you say?.....cost
Old 02-28-2011, 07:42 PM   #3
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
because they are cheap asses!! haha idk! but yeah thats normal, batteries do go "dead" after a certain amount of time, one reason because they contain acid and acid is a very corrosive chemical! but more than likely your battery hasnt had water in it for a little while and it is not good to use a battery with low water, especially no water! Even if you fill it up again it, every time it will continually get weaker and eventually go bad
Old 02-28-2011, 07:42 PM   #4
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
because they are cheap asses!! haha idk! but yeah thats normal, batteries do go "dead" after a certain amount of time, one reason because they contain acid and acid is a very corrosive chemical! but more than likely your battery hasnt had water in it for a little while and it is not good to use a battery with low water, especially no water! Even if you fill it up again it, every time it will continually get weaker and eventually go bad
sig pic.....explain
Old 02-28-2011, 07:49 PM   #6

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
no
cmon
Old 02-28-2011, 07:52 PM   #7
"That's what she said..."
Hondarider08 is just really niceHondarider08 is just really niceHondarider08 is just really niceHondarider08 is just really nice

Air Force: Currently ROTC, future fighter pilot.
Name: Justin
Hondarider08's Tacoma Gallery
Mine did the same exact thing. Even worse it was when I was sneaking out of the girlfriends house without her dad hearing... it's really embarrassing when you have to call her to come give you a jump.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:58 PM   #8
GA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GA_TACO4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondarider08 View Post
Mine did the same exact thing. Even worse it was when I was sneaking out of the girlfriends house without her dad hearing... it's really embarrassing when you have to call her to come give you a jump.
haha epic fail! i was leaving my gf's house too. not sneaking out thought but i did have to use her g6 to get a jump

glad to see im not the only one who has experienced a sudden tacoma death
Old 02-28-2011, 08:04 PM   #11

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
wow!!! thats bad!
you like icp
Old 02-28-2011, 08:09 PM   #15
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
Quote:
what happen? the people who jumped you werent quite satisfied!?
lol. nah lady hit my rear axle passenger side. and bent it from a 4 way stop. because i didnt see her and she didnt stop at the stop sign
Old 02-28-2011, 08:11 PM   #16

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
nope, hate clowns
you aint down wit da clowns homie?
fo shizzle???
Old 02-28-2011, 08:20 PM   #19
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
you aint down wit da clowns homie?
fo shizzle???
HA! a few months ago ICP and Head PE played here in memphis, i went to see Head PE only! ICP fans are retards! The concept of going to one of their concerts is to paint yourself like a clown and throw as much coke-cola all over yourself and everyone else as possible! Not the most intelligent group of people i have ever been around