Notices

newb here, few question

Old 02-28-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
lopezoscar03 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: 482nd FW Fire Depart.
Name: lopezoscar03@gmail.com
lopezoscar03's Tacoma Gallery
newb here, few question

hey whats up everyone. hope all is well. i am just bought a 2011 tacoma and i am loving it. there are a few things that i have in mind of doing but kinda lost. i want to add a bull, lift and wheels. of course i read a few threads and what not. i want a toytec 3in lift and probably add some pro comp or XD series wheels. my question is with a 3in wheel, what size rim do you recommend? tire size? how much will i suffer in gas mileage? look forward to the responses
Old 02-28-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
MURDERED_TACO
nick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud of

nick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopezoscar03 View Post
hey whats up everyone. hope all is well. i am just bought a 2011 tacoma and i am loving it. there are a few things that i have in mind of doing but kinda lost. i want to add a bull, lift and wheels. of course i read a few threads and what not. i want a toytec 3in lift and probably add some pro comp or XD series wheels. my question is with a 3in wheel, what size rim do you recommend? tire size? how much will i suffer in gas mileage? look forward to the responses
with a 3in you can go with 16x9s and 32in tires without rubbin. mite go down 1 or 2 mpg. looks are worth more than mpg
Old 02-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick View Post
with a 3in you can go with 16x9s and 32in tires without rubbin. mite go down 1 or 2 mpg. looks are worth more than mpg
that is the biggest rim you would suggest? i know that some people do some fender lining cuts to make room for bigger wheels
Old 03-01-2011, 04:40 AM   #4
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
What are your plans for the truck? Off-roading or just for looks? 17" wheels are most popular here and more tire sizes available, although you can go up to 20" if you like but you will have to go with low-pro tires.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:37 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattapunk View Post
What are your plans for the truck? Off-roading or just for looks? 17" wheels are most popular here and more tire sizes available, although you can go up to 20" if you like but you will have to go with low-pro tires.
i dont do any off-roading. once in a while i do go shooting at a farm or hunting where i gotta drive threw some light mud and stuff. the truck is basically used a daily driver. i am not looking for 20s. no way.
i guess you would say mostly for looks
Old 03-01-2011, 07:44 AM   #6
MURDERED_TACO
nick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud of

nick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopezoscar03 View Post
i dont do any off-roading. once in a while i do go shooting at a farm or hunting where i gotta drive threw some light mud and stuff. the truck is basically used a daily driver. i am not looking for 20s. no way.
i guess you would say mostly for looks
well thats why i said 16s. yeah you can get something like 18s but at stock height it looks cheap with lo pro tires, especally on a 4x4!!
Old 03-01-2011, 07:49 AM   #7
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
17s look good, thats what comes on the sports and 16s come on all the others. So I would look at those to give you and idea of what size you want. Personally I wouldn't go bigger then 17.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #9
so with a 3in lift i should be good with 16s or if i want bigger then 17s. point taken on not going any bigger