Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Help . . . Clorox exposure

Old 02-28-2011, 10:33 PM   #1
Mr. Feeny is on a distinguished road
Mr. Feeny's Tacoma Gallery
Help . . . Clorox exposure

So after I had washed my car I noticed that my skin was peeling on my hands. I immediately began to think it was clorox. I asked my girlfriend and she said that a week earlier she had filled the bucket I use for washing the car with clorox. Is the paint safe? There was no clorox in the bucket but I guess this stuff is so strong that it lingers even after a week. What should I do?
Old 02-28-2011, 10:40 PM   #2
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
SO you washed your car in clorox? or you used a bucket that once had clorox in it. It goes inert damn fast, well the chlorine does. Maybe it's not chlorine bleach clorox but some other clorox product. I mean, you can put it in water to purify before drinking.

I don't know why your hands are peeling but I would guess your paint is safe.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:47 PM   #3
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
agreed. I dont think there is any damage to the paint. If it was full strength, maybe some of the plastics would've been affected, but I wouldnt worry.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:47 PM   #4
I used a bucket that once had clorox in it. Basically, she used the bucket to soak some towels.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:05 PM   #5
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
then you're probably peeling due to something else. Unless you mistook clorox for water, you're just highly sensitive to something in there or are blaming the wrong factor. After the chlorine is gone its not a big deal. But some people are sensitive.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:06 PM   #6
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Hands got dry and it pealed. Happens to me all the time.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:11 PM   #7
Much Mahalos to everyone that replied.