Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I know someone on here has to have TUFF COUNTRY!!!!!

Old 03-01-2011, 03:21 PM   #1
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerret
jerretxx's Tacoma Gallery
I know someone on here has to have TUFF COUNTRY!!!!!

i have searched and searched, does anyone run the Tuff country 6" suspension?
Old 03-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
try posting in suspension section
no one looks anywhere but 2nd gen, lets be real.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:25 PM   #3
Some do, others talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Lol, I know of one truck in TN that has one and have seen it in person. It's an extremely crappy and dangerous looking kit. I would stick with your spacer lift.
dang. would you suggest toytec springs and billies? to run 285?
Old 03-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #4
B A N N E D
stevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: steven
stevenstaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerretxx View Post
no one looks anywhere but 2nd gen, lets be real.
lol .................i hate when people dont answer your question but tell you whats wrong with your thread or where you should have posted it ...............just move on
Old 03-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #5
Some do, others talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenstaco View Post
lol .................i hate when people dont answer your question but tell you whats wrong with your thread or where you should have posted it ...............just move on
i agree man, im going to trust Lrgrnr bc he knows his stuff. i wondered why it was so much cheaper.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:32 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Lol, I know of one truck in TN that has one and have seen it in person. It's an extremely crappy and dangerous looking kit. I would stick with your spacer lift.
Is that what that was? Jesus.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #7
Some do, others talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Is that what that was? Jesus.
haha, alright if both of yall say its bad i am for sure not getting it. hahah. im going to check over yalls builds and get some ideas
Old 03-01-2011, 03:37 PM   #8
B A N N E D
stevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
thats because the 2nd gen section gets clogged with other shit........Its becoming a catch-all.
and that effects you how?????????????
Old 03-01-2011, 03:39 PM   #9
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerretxx View Post
haha, alright if both of yall say its bad i am for sure not getting it. hahah. im going to check over yalls builds and get some ideas
Thing was fuckin' scary man. Drop bracket looked stamped out of sheet metal.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #10
06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

06indigoink's Tacoma Gallery
for the price of that kit you could get you some coilovers, that would be much nicer...
Old 03-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #11
Some do, others talk

Quote:
Thing was fuckin' scary man. Drop bracket looked stamped out of sheet metal.
i havent seen any personally. thanks for hte help though, glad i didnt waste a lot of money.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #12

I found the key to the search system. All you have to do is click the "search thread titles" box and suddenly...
Old 03-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #13
B A N N E D

Quote:
well, when I search for suspension stuff in the suspension section, I may miss things because some posted a thread in the wrong section.

Its been brought up plenty of times before, Im not alone here......Bob took the time to make us different sections, and MODS do there best to prune, but we have a part in making things easier to find instead of a clusterfuck.

so yes, it effects me, and possibly other members who need help finding possible solutions to their problems.

I have completely missed legitimately helpful threads because I looked in the tire/wheel, suspension, sections and such instead of doing a broad search of the whole site and later having to weed through more posts than needed.

Posting in the proper section can actually help quite a bit.
well sir good point my apologies
Old 03-01-2011, 03:51 PM   #15

Well, most all the 6" DB lifts use a similar design...they have to.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:52 PM   #16
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well, most all the 6" DB lifts use a similar design...they have to.
so then it makes sense to say that it should be about the same reliableness as the procomp?
Old 03-01-2011, 03:52 PM   #17
dustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dustinclm's Tacoma Gallery
i have a tuff country spacer lift on my 1st gen and i wouldnt recommend it haha but i bought it when i was 18 and in college so i was going for the lowest price and didnt know as much as i do now. i have had no problems with it but im sure some other set up will give you a better ride becuase its a bumpy ride. i dont have all this kit offers because i dont have a 4x4 so i just have the spacers in the front, blocks and shocks in the rear. its a stiff on road ride but i like it better than stock when pulling my boat and when im in the fields off road. im sure new control arms and new coils/better than stock shocks up front would help
Old 03-01-2011, 03:54 PM   #18
Some do, others talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
looks alot like the procomp set up to me...
i was thinking the same thing!
Old 03-01-2011, 03:54 PM   #19
Some do, others talk

but, i trust their opinion just bc they know lifts and im sure they checked it out when they had the opportunity. i have seen procomps they look like there built well, but they are proud of them as well
Old 03-01-2011, 03:59 PM   #20
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
looks alot like the procomp set up to me...

just throwing it out there......look at the bracing arms (don't know the technical term) that the procomp comes with. i know RCD has the braces too, and i'm assuming fabteck as well. however, i see no bracing at all on the picture of the rough country. so you're putting a ton of leverage on that drop bracket without supporting it forward and backwards.