Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

snugtop supersport camper shell and dogs

Old 03-01-2011, 07:47 PM   #1
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
nighthawk87's Tacoma Gallery
snugtop supersport camper shell and dogs

Anyone have this combo? How do the dogs do since it doesn't have the slider windows?

I'm concerned cause the windows just pop out but love the look of this one the best....

How hot does it get in there with the shell?
Old 03-01-2011, 07:50 PM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
just roll with the back window up....unless they might jump out....whats your location
Old 03-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #3
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
just roll with the back window up....unless they might jump out....whats your location
well thats the point of getting it so they can't jump out! lol
Old 03-01-2011, 07:58 PM   #4
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk87 View Post
well thats the point of getting it so they can't jump out! lol
no side windows?....man thats a bummer
Old 03-01-2011, 10:43 PM   #5
never summer
singlefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

singlefin's Tacoma Gallery
Where you from? Sliding side windows would be a must if it's hot, slider front window would be a must too so you can have it open when you want plus they like sticking their head thru.

I had the Leer 100XQ and sold it cause I want the A.R.E. CX or Leer 100Q with sliding side windows.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:44 AM   #6
Dat Soon is on a distinguished road
Name: Art
Dat Soon's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Nighthawk...I would agree that the Snug looks the best but as a dog owner myself I like their XV model with big sliding side windows and a glass rear door. Snug is the only cap mfgr that has a sliding screen - all the others have a fixed one and dogs will destroy the screen quickly.
Don't think you would like the ARE CX or Leer with the aluminum framed back door...looks old fashioned and reminiscent of you uncles old truck, lol.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:57 PM   #7
Btt
Old 03-22-2011, 09:20 AM   #8
TroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to all

Name: Mike
TroutBum's Tacoma Gallery
Don't have a snugtop, and mine does have the sliding side windows. Are you getting a slider for the front window up by the cab of the truck? I open mine for the dogs in warm weather and it provides a lot of airflow - at least while the truck is moving.

Mike
Old 03-22-2011, 09:23 AM   #9
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...shell-dog.html

this thread has been going on over the best top for dogs too