Notices

Rock hard seats

Old 03-02-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
Supreme Ruler
Snowman11 is on a distinguished road

Name: Snow
Snowman11's Tacoma Gallery
Rock hard seats

My new Tacoma seats are pushing into my legs and causing numbness on long trips. I'm average build definitely could loose a couple pounds but I can still play tennis (just so you don't think I'm a fat-ass) haha.
Anyway I love the truck but I'm just not comfy. I also don't like that they are not power adjustable. I have to assume the 4-runner comes with better seats.
So my question is, has anyone tried taking 4-runner seats and moving them to the Taco??? Bet I could get good leather too.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:12 PM   #2
Supreme Ruler

Looks like they bolt right up. Now to keep my eye out on eBay.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:14 PM   #3
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Runner seats are awesome I must say. Wish they'd fit in my first gen.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:31 PM   #4
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
I would be very skeptical if the sensors in their seats will connect to yours and I'd almost guaranty the seat tracks won't. Not to mention, the truck's interior is already so small adding bigger seats.. nah.

sorry you're not comfortable. Are you trying to sit up straight and all. Not a slouchy guy are you. I find the seats quite supportive and comfortable.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:40 PM   #5
Andy2010 is on a distinguished road
Name: Andy
Andy2010's Tacoma Gallery
I love the seats! So much better than my '97 seats were.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:46 PM   #6
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman11 View Post
My new Tacoma seats are pushing into my legs and causing numbness on long trips. I'm average build definitely could loose a couple pounds but I can still play tennis (just so you don't think I'm a fat-ass) haha.
Anyway I love the truck but I'm just not comfy. I also don't like that they are not power adjustable. I have to assume the 4-runner comes with better seats.
So my question is, has anyone tried taking 4-runner seats and moving them to the Taco??? Bet I could get good leather too.
Your most cost effective modification would be a set of the gel inserts sold on the katskins website and install them in your stock seats....
There is a DYI thread that can show you how in the technical chat section as well.
I hope you find your solution!
Old 03-02-2011, 07:54 PM   #7
sook is on a distinguished road

sook's Tacoma Gallery
i think the seats rock. sorry they're giving you issues.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:55 PM   #8
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
i'm a fat-ass and even i think the seats are comfortable
Old 03-02-2011, 07:55 PM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
6' 240 lbs. My seats are way better than what was in my Ranger. The Ranger would make my legs fall asleep.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:56 PM   #10
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
I'm 6'1 and about a solid 190lbs. I think the seats are comfortable; even on long drives.

If you are wanting leather check out the group buy going on right now. But I don't think thats going to make them much more comfortable for you.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:02 PM   #11
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
I see you have a TRD. Not used to the side bolsters? The other option is to "downgrade" to the less contoured SR5 seats. They are a guaranteed fit.

To prevent the airbag light from coming on, you need a '09+ seat. However, the airbag tends to deploy in a serious crash. Finding a used seat from a crashed truck may be tricky.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:03 PM   #12
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
The side bolsters are a bit invasive if you're a bench seat or econo car guy. I've been driving sports cars lately. I feel naked if I don't have em. Lost all my spine muscles. Seat holds me upright.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:32 AM   #13
sonocotaco is on a distinguished road
Name: ken
sonocotaco's Tacoma Gallery
They soften up a bit. I'm having to break my new ones in now!
Old 03-03-2011, 12:39 AM   #14
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
My seats are great! I have no pains nor dads my dad after a 5 hour trip of just sitting and no stops, and my dad is one to complain about seat comfort!
Old 03-03-2011, 04:02 AM   #15
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman11 View Post

Don't get me wrong .....

First of all ... I am 6'1" 210 (insert Dan Patrick's bell here .... ) .... I like the seats. Perhaps give them time to soften up/you getting used to/ etc.

Now ..... this is where I do not want to come across as a smart ass but ..... I am sure you knew before you bought the Tacoma that it did not have power adjustments.

Anyway .... give it time and I hope you become more comfortable.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:59 AM   #16
Supreme Ruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by island808 View Post
I would be very skeptical if the sensors in their seats will connect to yours and I'd almost guaranty the seat tracks won't. Not to mention, the truck's interior is already so small adding bigger seats.. nah.

sorry you're not comfortable. Are you trying to sit up straight and all. Not a slouchy guy are you. I find the seats quite supportive and comfortable.
Isn't it the same truck? I should be able to mount the whole seat, tracks and all. I can't imagine why they would have a different bolt pattern on the floor. That's just something to measure at the yard.

I've tried different positions. It's a very comfortable seat. It's just hard as a rock on the sides under my legs. I've had plenty of sports cars with wrap-around seats. Always no problem to now. Maybe I'm getting old.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:35 AM   #17
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
One of the bolt holes wont quite line up from 4 Runner seats. It can fit if you bend the mount.

I did over 24 hours in my truck traveling home from Vegas to Houston. Only stopped for gas, buying snacks, and restroom. Pulled over for 2 hours in a rest stop and slept in the driver's seat. The seat is fantastic! I have a bad lower back and never once had back pain, legs asleep, cramps, etc. No need for 4runner seats IMO.

The seats are not a good size for great big fat people. Im 6'2" and about 205. I have a friend who is 6'4" and 270 and the bolsters press on him because the seat is too small for him, its not too hard though.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:24 AM   #18
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
I really like the seats in my truck. Never had a problem on long drives.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:57 AM   #19
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
Frequently those that find a problem with the TRD seats being uncomfortable find the SR5 seats to be more comfortable. I've sat in the new 4Runner on a test drive and those seats are completely uncomfortable (not soft and conforming at all like the Taco SR5 seats!). Maybe you should go sit in an SR5 Taco and try them out too. (I know, you'll hear the same argument from those that can't stand the SR5 seats and like the TRD seats...but that's part of all of us being different. There are just as many that prefer the TRD seats over the SR5. You just might be one of them.)
Old 03-03-2011, 09:06 AM   #20
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
Both the SR5 and the TRD seats are great if you ask me. One thing that you could look into which I think helps a lot is going for neoprene seat covers. They have a little give which really helps with the initial softness.

I'd think about trading seats since I like both. I'll be passing through Philly if you want some SR5 seats next friday. Grey interior, no stains that I know of since my seats are covered, but I would have to check.