Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

In need of some honest opinions

View Poll Results: Are the emblems too gaudy?
Yes 187 68.25%
No 78 28.47%
I've got a better idea 9 3.28%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2011, 06:45 AM   #21
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty5Thirty View Post
Like this?

I would put this picture up top also and maybe get a vote on this or the other. I would bet everyoe would like this a lot better.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:47 AM   #22
flashsplat is just really niceflashsplat is just really niceflashsplat is just really niceflashsplat is just really nice
flashsplat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
...For a second I thought your tacoma was a chick truck. lol...
Lol, i totally checked your gender when I saw the first picture.

Like the others have said, i like the idea, i'm just not diggin' the font. Man font is like bold and strong.. This font here gives off a frilly vibe.

What else ya got?
-Flashy
Old 03-03-2011, 06:53 AM   #24
beans20 is a splendid one to beholdbeans20 is a splendid one to beholdbeans20 is a splendid one to beholdbeans20 is a splendid one to beholdbeans20 is a splendid one to beholdbeans20 is a splendid one to beholdbeans20 is a splendid one to behold

Army:
Name: Will
beans20's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maser View Post
That font is kinda girly....I dig the idea tho. How about a font like your sig......
x2
Old 03-03-2011, 06:53 AM   #25
Adrenaline Addict
Mx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mx SuperFly 25's Tacoma Gallery
it's cool to come up with your own idea that is different. but since you asked..... i'm not a fan of them, i think the satoshi or black emblems would look better, or maybe a smaller, different design, like the toyota truck emblem for the front may be cool
Old 03-03-2011, 06:57 AM   #26
💥💥💥💥💥💥
johnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: john
johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
not a fan but if you like it that's all that matters
Old 03-03-2011, 07:04 AM   #27
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLDTACO View Post
I'm not liking them.
x22 To bro for me. Try flat blacken them out
Old 03-03-2011, 11:58 PM   #28
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Dean
Dirty5Thirty's Tacoma Gallery
I appreciate everyones input. I'm just trying to clean up my truck, and do something as a birthday present to myself, as I turned 21 today.

If you guys maybe have ideas for other fonts, I'd gladly look into it and see what theyd look like on the truck. My main goal is to have it be unlike other trucks on the road, specifically the grill emblem. I'll ultimately probably keep the door emblems as are in the pictures. I am quite the opposite of feminine, and it mimics my style and want to stand out as I am, unfortunately, a Ginger. Go figure.

Am looking for any input though, positive or negative. So PLEASE make suggestions as you see fit. Thank you all
Old 03-04-2011, 12:13 AM   #29
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
The font in your sig doesn't look bad... try that, but without the long extensions to the letters.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:25 AM   #30
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Dean
Dirty5Thirty's Tacoma Gallery
I do like the font in my sig, I just don't think that it will have the same look if it is milled. I won't be near my photoshop for a few days, so I won't be able to try to tweak the look of the font. However, the splatter adds a lot of character that I feel would be lost if removed. The idea for having sockmonkey make it into a decal was actually a great one, however I'm wanting the look of it standing out...

It's hard to describe what I'm looking for... which is why I would appreciate it if everyone who reads this thread gives me some ideas... nothing bad has ever turned out of a general brainstorm.

Please? Tacomaworld's b-day present to a young man?
Old 03-04-2011, 04:34 AM   #32
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
It's a great idea and unique. I don't care for that font, but I've gone through all my fonts in MS Office and can't find one similar that I like.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:04 AM   #33
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
Happy birthday. I def like the outline one bettter. I am using tapatalk so I can't see you sig. Good luck
Old 03-04-2011, 06:52 AM   #34
joleger is on a distinguished road
joleger's Tacoma Gallery
I don't like it...but if you like it...go for it.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:58 AM   #35
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
HAPPY 21st!!!
Starts here:
Maybe here:
Then you get to here:
Followed by this:
Then back to TW:
Old 03-04-2011, 07:03 AM   #36
The lice...they hate the sugar
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ted
Richard Cranium's Tacoma Gallery
Oops...I voted "no" meaning "no don't do it"
Old 03-04-2011, 08:35 AM   #37
Tacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomada is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacomada's Tacoma Gallery
Happy Birthday, 21st is a good one.

What about something a little retro... Something like the old cartoons. Speed Racer ish.. Maybe something with white and a non-bright red... seeing as you have a white truck the red could help it pop out a little especially against a dark satoshi grill.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:37 AM   #38
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
no. I am not digging the custom emblems. For a second I thought your tacoma was a chick truck. lol Get rid of the custom emblems and get the sotashi mod.
+1 ... I had to check to see if you were a chick.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:38 AM   #39
JR616 is on a distinguished road

Name: JAMES
JR616's Tacoma Gallery
i like the doors but not the grill, you should make it alot smaller and off center it. it would look clean.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #40
the Nightman cometh!

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR616 View Post
i like the doors but not the grill, you should make it alot smaller and off center it. it would look clean.
Check back in the thread, OP posted a pic like this, it looks a lot better, but still missing something.