Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

In need of some honest opinions

View Poll Results: Are the emblems too gaudy?
Yes 187 68.25%
No 78 28.47%
I've got a better idea 9 3.28%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2011, 09:13 AM   #41
B A N N E D
stevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: steven
stevenstaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
The font in your sig doesn't look bad... try that, but without the long extensions to the letters.
try using the font in this guys sig and no side emblems
Old 03-04-2011, 09:18 AM   #42
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
My opinion is......not a fan of the emblems, but as everyone says, if you like it, that is all that matters.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:24 PM   #43
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Dean
Dirty5Thirty's Tacoma Gallery
When it comes to fonts, it doesn't have to be similar to the one I used. Just unlike the stock emblems on the truck. I have gone through all my fonts and for lack of a better word, raped the Internet for fonts and I'm stuck...

But thank you for the birthdays wishes guys. It was a good one, and yes. Back to TW when I was winding down. Haha

And as for the red, it's a good idea. I do agree it would stand out more, but it wouldn't match the color scheme of the truck
Old 03-04-2011, 12:27 PM   #44
Tacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to all

Name: Mike
Tacoma206's Tacoma Gallery
I had to check your profile to see if you were a dude or not. You asked for honesty...
Old 03-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #45
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Okay. Holy shit. Doesn't matter if I'm a dude or a chick, or both even.

This conversation is not about me. It's about the truck, and the style I'm including with a mod. You want me to get some flower decals too? I'll put anything on my truck that looks good, as long as it does in fact look good. I'm utilizing a forum to assist me to getting the right design for my truck. I could give a rats ass how man people check what gender I am.

And I say that with love.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #46
monstar. will become famous soon enough

Name: Raul
monstar.'s Tacoma Gallery
Its cool. Girlie? Maybe. Different? Yup. Props for that. To sound like a broken record...if YOU like it do it!
Old 03-04-2011, 12:47 PM   #47
Xshark will become famous soon enough

Name: Michael
Xshark's Tacoma Gallery
If you go with that script font, TW will buy you some carlashes for your birthday to go along with it.

Just kidding!
Old 03-04-2011, 03:24 PM   #50
Tacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to all

Name: Mike
Tacoma206's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstar. View Post
Its cool. Girlie? Maybe. Different? Yup. Props for that. To sound like a broken record...if YOU like it do it!
X2
Old 03-04-2011, 03:37 PM   #51
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
you want my opinion? i think it's kinda fruity looking. . . what should you do? whatever the hell you want, it's your truck!
Old 03-04-2011, 04:06 PM   #52
Canadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kim
Canadian Girl's Tacoma Gallery
Ok what matter is if you like it. I personally like it in the smaller writing at the bottom of the grill. NOT girlie at all

Happy Belated birthday

Also try http://www.1001freefonts.com/
Old 03-04-2011, 04:43 PM   #53
bonsai3s is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
bonsai3s's Tacoma Gallery
Same here...sides looks ok...front emblem's gotta go.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:04 PM   #54
Underprepared and Overconfident
DubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DubyaDawg's Tacoma Gallery
What uf you milled a different style of the TRD logo? The only TRD thing I've seen on a grille are those chrome looking emblem ones, a bigger more flat metal one would be cool?
Old 03-04-2011, 07:25 PM   #55
TW's BAD MF'er Squad

EMS:
I'm not a TRD. Don want leaky shocks
Old 03-04-2011, 08:50 PM   #56
bigstik will become famous soon enough

Name: Tanner
bigstik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
That looks very, very ghey. jmo.
Try the logo in like block letters with the machine screws. Kinda raw like.

But like everyone says in here " It's not what we like brah, it's your truck. as long as you are happy with it.". Bullshit.

I like the sound of this as well
Old 03-04-2011, 08:53 PM   #57
BLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLACKnBLUE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Iain
BLACKnBLUE's Tacoma Gallery
For some reason the black on white (body emblems) look okay (to me) while the white on black (grill emblem) looks bad...

But, like some have said, it's about what you like or don't like, not us. The best that you could ask for is for other factors or things to take into consideration when trying to make up your mind about something looking "good" or "right," ultimately it has to be your opinion.

Good Luck!
Old 03-05-2011, 09:20 AM   #58
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not a big fan but at least its different and not like every other truck on here...
Old 03-05-2011, 09:30 PM   #60
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
hello from foresthill area I say do the satoshi with the old school emblem and maybe some custom sock monkey bed side decals?