Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

In need of some honest opinions

View Poll Results: Are the emblems too gaudy?
Yes 187 68.25%
No 78 28.47%
I've got a better idea 9 3.28%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #81
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty5Thirty View Post
Been trying to come up with something unique to do for my truck. I figured I'd do the Satoshi grill mod, and am currently talking to metal miller about some custom emblem/logo work. Did some quick mock ups on Photoshop to get an idea of the finished look...

Yes? or no?

i actually like these. but doesnt seem like anyone else does haha
Old 03-08-2011, 02:28 PM   #82
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
couple quick mock ups with a new text....

verdict?
they new font in the front look better, the script text u had in the beginning was a bit to....what was the word someone else used? frilly? yeah thats it.

thats newest design is getting colse but not perfect i dont think
Old 03-08-2011, 06:02 PM   #83
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Sigi
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
looks ghey
Old 03-08-2011, 11:31 PM   #84
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Dean
Dirty5Thirty's Tacoma Gallery
thanks man
Old 03-09-2011, 03:06 PM   #85
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
i actually like these. but doesnt seem like anyone else does haha
I like the latest font too. Those letters have an edge that takes out the frilly effect...IMHOO (In My Humble Old Opinion)
Old 03-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #86
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
I'm torn...

I do like the "ghey" script for the sides, but I think that for the front, the block letters are the way to go. And I know I shouldn't do them both on the same truck... wouldn't look right

Fack...
Old 03-09-2011, 03:26 PM   #87
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm torn...

I do like the "ghey" script for the sides, but I think that for the front, the block letters are the way to go. And I know I shouldn't do them both on the same truck... wouldn't look right

Fack...
Decisions decisions!

I still vote the block letters..
Old 03-09-2011, 03:50 PM   #88
TW's BAD MF'er Squad

EMS:
Alright. So I just went through and re-photoshopped the block font so that it's full size so you can actually get a view of it.

The original font I found on dafont.com, called Coalition. Made some tweaks to make it my own....
Attached Thumbnails
In need of some honest opinions-personalized-font.jpg  
Old 03-09-2011, 07:25 PM   #89
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Like that for the front. Keep the most recent "semi-script" for the sides. JMO
Old 03-10-2011, 01:07 AM   #90
TW's BAD MF'er Squad

EMS:
That's my dilemma! I just think having the two different fonts might be a little... excessive I suppose
Old 03-10-2011, 01:14 AM   #91
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Alright. So I just went through and re-photoshopped the block font so that it's full size so you can actually get a view of it.

The original font I found on dafont.com, called Coalition. Made some tweaks to make it my own....
That one I like.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:55 AM   #92
TW's BAD MF'er Squad

EMS:
AHHH! MQQSE! Happy Late Brithday!!
Old 03-10-2011, 05:06 AM   #93
Chief Pal Guy

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
AHHH! MQQSE! Happy Late Brithday!!
Thanks!
Old 03-10-2011, 05:15 AM   #94
TW's BAD MF'er Squad

EMS:
You're welcome! Accidentally clicked on calendar and saw your name, so thought I'd extend some gratitude
Old 03-10-2011, 05:22 AM   #95
COACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud of

Army: SNIPER HHC, 3 BATTALION,73 ARMOR,82ND AIRBORNE
Name: JC
COACHPPARK's Tacoma Gallery
getting better still think you can tweak it a little more though just saying.....
Old 03-12-2011, 01:27 AM   #96
TW's BAD MF'er Squad

EMS:
Quote:

Going with this. I'm comfortable with the design and think they look different enough from stock for my liking.

Order placed with MetalMiller
Old 03-13-2011, 12:53 PM   #97
Tacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant future
Name: Terry
Tacozoid's Tacoma Gallery

I am going ALL white except the grill and emblem.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:29 PM   #98
TW's BAD MF'er Squad

EMS:
Lol hello random. It'd look good though.