Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

In need of some honest opinions

View Poll Results: Are the emblems too gaudy?
Yes 187 68.25%
No 78 28.47%
I've got a better idea 9 3.28%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2011, 05:46 AM   #1
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Dean
Dirty5Thirty's Tacoma Gallery
In need of some honest opinions

Been trying to come up with something unique to do for my truck. I figured I'd do the Satoshi grill mod, and am currently talking to metal miller about some custom emblem/logo work. Did some quick mock ups on Photoshop to get an idea of the finished look...

Yes? or no?

Old 03-03-2011, 05:48 AM   #2
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
no. I am not digging the custom emblems. For a second I thought your tacoma was a chick truck. lol Get rid of the custom emblems and get the sotashi mod.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:50 AM   #3
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
That looks very, very ghey. jmo.
Try the logo in like block letters with the machine screws. Kinda raw like.

But like everyone says in here " It's not what we like brah, it's your truck. as long as you are happy with it.". Bullshit.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:51 AM   #4
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
The pictures I used are not my actual truck, though its the same general look and color scheme.

I'm gonna follow through with the Satoshi... but i think the truck is lacking some character with an empty grill and debadged...
Old 03-03-2011, 05:53 AM   #5
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Not a big fan and agree with 04LTtacoma, a little bit girly. I like the idea of using script for originality, but not sure that is the right one... but, if you like it, thats what matters most.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:55 AM   #6
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
I don't like the embelem on the grill but thought the one on the door was alright. Def unique. Don't be afraid to try something. I'm wondering if the grill would look better black w/ white outline?
Old 03-03-2011, 06:02 AM   #7
TW's BAD MF'er Squad

EMS:
roughhhh sketch
Attached Thumbnails
In need of some honest opinions-black-white.jpg  
Old 03-03-2011, 06:02 AM   #8
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
My personal opinion is that they look good. The logos on the door are real nice and wouldn't mind having that set up myself. The logo on the front I personally wouldn't do, but it does look good. You got it cuz you liked it, screw everyone else, it's the eyes of the beholder that matters. No one else has anything like that? Then you are the only one, good on ya.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:04 AM   #9
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDaTugBoat View Post
I don't like the embelem on the grill but thought the one on the door was alright. Def unique. Don't be afraid to try something. I'm wondering if the grill would look better black w/ white outline?
This might not be a bad idea for what you already have. Keep the same font, make the emblem smaller and paint it black with white outlining. I think that might make it a little better using what you already have. Also agreed about the door, it doesn't look as bad there.

Smaller on the grille would make a huge difference!
Old 03-03-2011, 06:05 AM   #10
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not liking them.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:05 AM   #11
the Nightman cometh!

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty5Thirty View Post
roughhhh sketch
Now smaller and maybe off-centered.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:06 AM   #12
TW's BAD MF'er Squad

EMS:
Just to clarify, so as to avoid confusion: Nothing gotten past that mouse and wheel I got my brain. I'm still pondering over ideas and designs with different stuff I wanna do to my truck. Essentially, blacked out emblems with a Northern Cali twist

All opinions are appreciated
Old 03-03-2011, 06:11 AM   #13
TW's BAD MF'er Squad

EMS:
Like this?
Attached Thumbnails
In need of some honest opinions-like-.jpg  
Old 03-03-2011, 06:13 AM   #14
Hello, my name is Maser... and I'm an alcoholic
maser is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
maser's Tacoma Gallery
That font is kinda girly....I dig the idea tho. How about a font like your sig......
Old 03-03-2011, 06:15 AM   #15
TW's BAD MF'er Squad

EMS:
The problem with that is, if I was to use a font like my sig... there are a lot of little blemishes misplaced all over the font. Getting it milled out of metal will make it lose a lot of it's character I suppose.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:21 AM   #16
the Nightman cometh!

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Like this?
Yeah, I like that a lot better. I still think it would be a little better with a different font. Try this VVVV in my head I can't picture that I would like it, but try it and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maser View Post
That font is kinda girly....I dig the idea tho. How about a font like your sig......
Old 03-03-2011, 06:27 AM   #17
TW's BAD MF'er Squad

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjew18 View Post
Try this VVVV in my head I can't picture that I would like it, but try it and see.
I honestly couldn't even finish drawing it up. It didn't look good at all. Too much of a mess
Old 03-03-2011, 06:29 AM   #18
Xshark will become famous soon enough

Name: Michael
Xshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The problem with that is, if I was to use a font like my sig... there are a lot of little blemishes misplaced all over the font. Getting it milled out of metal will make it lose a lot of it's character I suppose.
How about getting Sockmonkey (or someone else) do a decal for you, then have a metal backing plate installed on the grill, then install the decal on top of the backing plate. That way you get the detail.

The fancy script just looks a bit feminine.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:30 AM   #19
Frankie_G is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Name: Frankie
Frankie_G's Tacoma Gallery
i like em on the doors not on the grill itself.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:34 AM   #20
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
Selected no by mistake, shoulda put yes... I am not a fan, it is a bit too much for my taste.

But what YOU like is what is important.