1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question re - Leaf Spring TSB

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by charles08tacoma, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Mar 3, 2011 at 3:04 PM
    charles08tacoma

charles08tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner SR-5 Access Cab
    White Snug Top shell
    I have a 2008 Prerunner access cab. I just got back from my dealer to see about having the leaf spring TSB done. I complained about harsh ride when loaded, felt like the suspension was bottoming out & felt the handling when loaded was unsafe. They told me there is evidence of the bump stops being hit & this was caused by me overloading the bed. I was told this is what the bump stops were supposed to do. They said the suspension is performing perfectly & to limit my load to around 700 lbs. I told them I thought the TSB was supposed to correct this. They said the TSB only addresses complaints of unloaded harsh ride. I was also instructed to load about 700 lbs into the bed & bring it back so they could check further. Are they giving me a bunch of crap to keep from performing the TSB, or should I just say screw it & not bother? Thanks for your help.

2. Mar 3, 2011 at 3:06 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I would take it to a dealer who has already performed the suspension TSB on another truck. That way they know it's a known issue and won't try to make false excuses....

Below is a thread listing the dealers who performed the suspension TSB.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...med-suspension-tsb.html?highlight=dealers+tsb

Also mention to them that 700# is roughly HALF the advertised payload capacity of the Tacoma, as per the Toyota website.

3. Mar 3, 2011 at 3:08 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    When I brought mine to a dealer in my area who had already done the tsb on another truck, they didn't even look at my truck, they just ordered the parts no questions asked.

4. Mar 3, 2011 at 3:15 PM
    2010Tacoma4x4

2010Tacoma4x4 "Man Ho"

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 SR5
    Tinted windows, Bug deflector, Rain guards, Bed mat, Rear leaf TSB, Bilsteins front & rear (front set @ 1.75), 16x8 chrome Helo wheels, Toyo open country AT P265/75/R16 tires. CBI bolt on sliders. BSP color matched M1 Satoshi grill. BHLM. UWS low profile black powder coat crosover truckbox. Pioneer DVD/CD head unit - 4 channel amp - front mids & highs - 8" sub box.
    If this is the dealer you purchased the truck from and you are still under warranty I would contact the manager of the dealership. Tell him you are very unhappy with how the service dept addressed your concern. See what he is willing to do.

5. Mar 3, 2011 at 3:22 PM
    Gene563

Gene563 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eugene
    Lanoka Harbor, NJ
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab, LB, TRD Sport
    TRD catback exhaust, Undercover hard tonneau, Vent visors, Husky liners, customized seat covers, front license plate bracket, rear suspension TSB, Eibach springs w 5100s@0, & General Grabber AT2 (265.70.17).
    The TSB is definitely worth the effort. I was given the brush-off twice before I brought in a copy of the TSB. Then they did the work with no problems. Try calling the 800 number and making a complaint there.
    Good luck.

6. Mar 3, 2011 at 4:04 PM
    charles08tacoma

charles08tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner SR-5 Access Cab
    White Snug Top shell
    I called the 800 number yesterday, started a claim & was told I would be contacted in a few days. This is the dealership I bought the truck from & several other vehicles in the past 15 or so years. They showed me the TSB but are blowing me off saying they are being audited by Toyota over warranty claims & internet forums ruined it for everyone. I will see if I get contacted by customer service in the coming days.

Products Discussed in

To Top