Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

To Magnaflow or Not

Old 03-03-2011, 04:29 PM   #1
Guess2010 will become famous soon enough

Name: DAVE
Guess2010's Tacoma Gallery
To Magnaflow or Not

Hi was at the muffle shop today and was kicking around the idea of getting a magnaflow muffler with a chrome 3" tip put on.

Would like to hear from some of u with a magna flow muffler???

its gonna cost 300 bucks canadian to get the muffler installed and tip the muffler is the stainless one.

Also i got the 4.0 motor
Old 03-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #2
Tacoma 4 Life.
chaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
chaz834's Tacoma Gallery
Do it you will love the sound..
Old 03-03-2011, 06:28 PM   #4
"Toyota Mafia" MORE BALLS THAN BRAINS
ironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Billy
ironman44bear's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 18 on mine and sounds great, not to loud inside the cab. The flowmaster I had on before was down right annoying..

Ironman
Old 03-03-2011, 06:29 PM   #5
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
DO IT!!!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2011, 06:32 PM   #6
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
dont do it. I have it with 3 inch piping and it is quietttttt.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:50 PM   #7
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
Just got a ride home in a frontier with a magnaflow. Drone was intolerable.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:57 PM   #8
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
DO IT... heres a short vid if i did it right?? hard to here but if you turn it up youll get the sound. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsA3f...eature=related
Old 03-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #9
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
I have it, I love it!!
Old 03-03-2011, 07:05 PM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Meh. 4.0 V6 kinds sounds like trash anyway unless you are at full throttle and high RPM. My Banks sounds great between 1000 and 2000 RPM then again at about 4000 and up.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:15 PM   #11
Night Fury is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
Night Fury's Tacoma Gallery
Go with Magnaflow Muffler then a quick dump before the rear axle! Its loud but not in the cab!
Old 03-03-2011, 07:30 PM   #12
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ive got a Magnaflow with my AFE CAI, plus its kinda funny, I can hear differences in the rumble between having my chip turned on and off.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:49 PM   #13
tonyplanet will become famous soon enoughtonyplanet will become famous soon enough

tonyplanet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
Go with Magnaflow Muffler then a quick dump before the rear axle! Its loud but not in the cab!
I disagree. I had it dumped and turn down before the axle and it is loud and drones like no other. Sound bounces off the road and can be felt and heard through out the cab. if you are going to dump it, do it after the axle and angle the pipe, so it doesn't directly reflect the sound off the road.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:57 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyplanet View Post
I disagree. I had it dumped and turn down before the axle and it is loud and drones like no other. Sound bounces off the road and can be felt and heard through out the cab. if you are going to dump it, do it after the axle and angle the pipe, so it doesn't directly reflect the sound off the road.

Your from Cali so you'll never have to worry about this but NEVER dump your exhaust still underneath the vehicle, the condensation created in the winter time from it will rust out things. Important things like break lines, happened to a guy I work with, he said shortly before everything failed his rear tail lights were shorting out too. Just something to keep in mind if you live north
Old 03-03-2011, 09:59 PM   #15
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
What chip?
He has a Unichip piggyback.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:02 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
He has a Unichip piggyback.
x2

BTW I will be getting my long overdue and promised Dyno tomorrow

I'll get one with the chip switched on, and one with the chip switched off
Old 03-03-2011, 10:06 PM   #17

well I should have it tomorrow around 2pm-ish, I'll post the numbers online from my phone, but I wont be able to post the Dyno pics till i get back home sunday.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:15 PM   #18
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess2010 View Post
Hi was at the muffle shop today and was kicking around the idea of getting a magnaflow muffler with a chrome 3" tip put on.

Would like to hear from some of u with a magna flow muffler???

its gonna cost 300 bucks canadian to get the muffler installed and tip the muffler is the stainless one.

Also i got the 4.0 motor
Go magnaflow.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:21 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Just to put it to rest........u gunna do a run with the afe plug in and 1 run out?
nooo k k i'll clarify

I have on my truck: AFE stage 2 Cold Air intake with pro dry S filter, & Magnaflow Cat-back exhaust system.

Those are bolted on my truck and wont be taken off. I also have a UNICHIP programmer that came with a map specifically for those two upgrades, I ordered it that way I bought everything as a package.

The Unichip has an On/Off switch

so one dyno will be just the intake + exhaust and the
other dyno will be intake + exhaust + Unichip