Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

GPS power wire routing?

Old 09-12-2008, 07:14 AM   #1
"Obviously, You're not a Golfer..."
swervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FCC(SW) Aegis FCS, Soon to Be LCPO on the USS BULKELY
Name: Jonas
swervin22's Tacoma Gallery
GPS power wire routing?

Just got a new garmin, and was wondering if anyone had run the cable up under the dash, so minimal amount of wire is showing? my current way is effective, but i keep grabbing the cord when im hunting for gears. any pics, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks again.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:58 AM   #2
swervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ive got it mounted directly above the radio. i do have an aftermarket radio, so im thinking to run it out the top of the radio. i was thinking about following the dash, but i dont believe the cable is long enough to go all the way around it. not sure though? thanks for the insight.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:09 PM   #3
JTDTacoma is on a distinguished road
JTDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
just did this with my garmin and works well. Do a YouTube search for Tacoma iPod and you'll see how to easily access area in the dash by removing controls and radio area. Very simple too. The video is for an iPod install but same idea.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:04 PM   #4

nice video, just wondering if there is enough room to feed the cable up behind the dash to plug it up to the gps? i guess there is only one way to find out. i'll let you know how it goes. prolly do it tomorrow before the football starts. i'll post pics if it doesnt look too stupid!! thanks
Old 09-12-2008, 01:11 PM   #5
Mingy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMingy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMingy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMingy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMingy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMingy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMingy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMingy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMingy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMingy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMingy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mingy's Tacoma Gallery
The Garmin adapter I have

Is basically a straight through connection - there is no voltage regulator, etc., in the 'lighter' end. Its a strait through metallic connection. I plan on removing the wire from that end to save space. Different models of adapters may vary, however.