Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What else should I carry in the truck?

Old 03-04-2011, 01:29 PM   #1
mattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
mattg43's Tacoma Gallery
What else should I carry in the truck?

Truck is a daily driver, lots of highway miles. It will not be used off road too much, other than dirt roads, trips to bike trail heads, etc.

Right now I have stuck this in the truck:

1. 20' tow strap, looped on both ends
2. Jumper Cables
3. 2 12' ratcheting tie down straps
4. 2 6ft pull tight tie down straps (designed for motorcycle tie down)
5. 2 8ft pull tight loop tie downs.(no hooks, designed for compression/keeping things together)
6. 1 pair leather work gloves
7. 1 tool kit - 1/4 and 3/8 ratchet, selection of sockets, screwdriver with different tips, 1 set of locking pliers (vice grips with plier jaws)
8. 12v air compressor
9. air pressure guage
10. assorted zip ties
11. roll electrical tape
12. Nitrile gloves
13. first aid kit - standard bandages, butterfly closures, knuckle and finger tip bandages. 1.5x1.5 gauze, 3x3 gauze, 2x3 wound dressing, 3x5 would dressing, ace bandage. neosporin, alcohol prep pads, antibacterial wipes, germX alcohol hand sanitizer, tweezers, medical tape.
14. Flashlight
15. At least 1 mutlitool with pliers and scisors

Of course, the factory jack/tool kit

Any other things one should need for a daily driver?
Old 03-04-2011, 01:30 PM   #2
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
mmmm......a chick
Old 03-04-2011, 01:35 PM   #3
mattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mattg43's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGM View Post
mmmm......a chick
She stays at home cooking. Duh.

when we go places its usually in her Cooper S - got to get the spirited driving in some time.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:35 PM   #4
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg43 View Post
She stays at home cooking. Duh.
not that chick
Old 03-04-2011, 01:40 PM   #5
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSgt - A.G.E. Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
something i do for when i go offroading, i carry a 5gal gas can and a couple of MRE's (meal ready to eat) and water just incase you get stranded somewhere you dont want to be without food/water.

you can get them online or at any army/navy store in your area for around $5-$10
Old 03-04-2011, 01:43 PM   #6
bigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Jared
bigwalton15's Tacoma Gallery
Duct tape is always handy
Old 03-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #7
DaveDelux is on a distinguished road

Name: Dave
DaveDelux's Tacoma Gallery
How about a fire extinguisher, and maybe a 4way lug wrench? I also carry a length of insulated wire.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:48 PM   #8
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Condoms
Old 03-04-2011, 01:49 PM   #9
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
Condoms
win
Old 03-04-2011, 01:51 PM   #10
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Condoms
x2
Old 03-04-2011, 01:51 PM   #11
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg43 View Post
Truck is a daily driver, lots of highway miles. It will not be used off road too much, other than dirt roads, trips to bike trail heads, etc.

Right now I have stuck this in the truck:

1. 20' tow strap, looped on both ends
2. Jumper Cables
3. 2 12' ratcheting tie down straps
4. 2 6ft pull tight tie down straps (designed for motorcycle tie down)
5. 2 8ft pull tight loop tie downs.(no hooks, designed for compression/keeping things together)
6. 1 pair leather work gloves
7. 1 tool kit - 1/4 and 3/8 ratchet, selection of sockets, screwdriver with different tips, 1 set of locking pliers (vice grips with plier jaws)
8. 12v air compressor
9. air pressure guage
10. assorted zip ties
11. roll electrical tape
12. Nitrile gloves
13. first aid kit - standard bandages, butterfly closures, knuckle and finger tip bandages. 1.5x1.5 gauze, 3x3 gauze, 2x3 wound dressing, 3x5 would dressing, ace bandage. neosporin, alcohol prep pads, antibacterial wipes, germX alcohol hand sanitizer, tweezers, medical tape.
14. Flashlight
15. At least 1 mutlitool with pliers and scisors

Of course, the factory jack/tool kit

Any other things one should need for a daily driver?
Around here a shovel and snow bruch come in handy too
Old 03-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #12
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
win
I have that Tigerblood in me!!
Old 03-04-2011, 01:53 PM   #13
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
I have that Tigerblood in me!!
haha, sure you do.....
Old 03-04-2011, 01:54 PM   #14
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Bottles of water and a blanket.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:54 PM   #15
iowa530 will become famous soon enoughiowa530 will become famous soon enough
iowa530's Tacoma Gallery
Cell phone charger, napkins, pen or pencil, registration, insurance card (X2), water container, fire starting tools.

I guess it depends on where you are going.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:59 PM   #16
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
If its you DD Make sure to print one of those sheets that insurance companies provide (or can be found online) to take down all information if you get in an accident. If you do get in an accident you'll at least have something handy to make sure you get all the information, like everyones information, witnesses, cross streets, and other drivers information, ect, ect.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:01 PM   #17
Roll Tide

HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
birth control,antibiotics,and pepper spray
Old 03-04-2011, 04:13 PM   #18
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
A couple lighters, a couple road flares, extra fuses, a couple pens, small length of bailing wire, toilet paper, wet ones travel pack
Old 03-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #19
mattg43's Tacoma Gallery
Some good suggestions, and some I will have to look into.

I do carry insurance, tissue, napkins, pen/paper. My radio ipod connector charges my phone.

I usually have a couple bottles of water with me, and I will throw a butane cig lighter in there for the fire starting. Good call on spare fuses, I have a kit from my jeep I will make sure the fuses fit and throw it in there. a bit of wire as well.

If I am traveling or otherwise I will carry more stuff, this is just a daily driver list. I wont be carrying extra fuel or MRE's to work each day, but a great idea for a (off)road trip