Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Stock Floormats - Are they Worthwhile?

Old 03-05-2011, 09:42 AM   #1
RiderOnTheStorm will become famous soon enough
Name: Brian
RiderOnTheStorm's Tacoma Gallery
Stock Floormats - Are they Worthwhile?

It seems whenever the topic of floor mats comes up that many of you guys have aftermarket sets. I am looking at buying a Taco, so I am just curious is it worth the extra $160 for stock floor mats or just save that money and buy an aftermarket set right away?

And if you recommend aftermarket - what do you guys like/use/recommend? Thanks!
Old 03-05-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
Crodliner is on a distinguished road
Crodliner's Tacoma Gallery
I see Weathertech mats being talked about here some. Been thinking about it myself, since I'm starting to dislike the fabric floor mats in mine, which are becoming filthy.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:52 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the fabric mats and haven't seen them since they day the truck rolled off the lot because they've been covered by a set of Husky mats.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:03 AM   #4
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Spend your money on WeatherTech or Husky mats. My fabric mats are in a box because I bought WeatherTechs, much better than oem.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:11 AM   #5
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set of floor mats (grey) will see to you at a much lower raete then you have been quoted. $60.00 shipped.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:14 AM   #6
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Mine have been in the garage since the day I brought the truck home.
If you can get the dealer to not include them do so.
For the money you can a much better set of aftermarket liners.
The carpeted mats back in the day were very nice, since evolved into paper thin place mats.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:31 AM   #7
RiderOnTheStorm will become famous soon enough
Name: Brian
RiderOnTheStorm's Tacoma Gallery
I appreciate the feedback - thank you! So it looks like I will be buying aftermarket ones when that time comes. Are husky and weathertech what you guys like?
Old 03-05-2011, 11:57 AM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderOnTheStorm View Post
I appreciate the feedback - thank you! So it looks like I will be buying aftermarket ones when that time comes. Are husky and weathertech what you guys like?
They seem to be the most popular on this site. Both have their pros and cons but either one will do the job.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:33 PM   #9
tacomaintraining will become famous soon enoughtacomaintraining will become famous soon enough
tacomaintraining's Tacoma Gallery
stick with the factory mats, aftermarket mats lessen the mpg on the taco
Old 03-05-2011, 06:33 PM   #10
thebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thebottomline's Tacoma Gallery
such a waste of money getting the toyota option mats.
Weathertechs for 100 bucks are the best value (digital fit ones).

I kept my carpet mats only for when I sell the truck it will make the interior look newer and I can then resell the weathertechs.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:44 PM   #11
KENNY2011 has a spectacular aura aboutKENNY2011 has a spectacular aura about

KENNY2011's Tacoma Gallery
I told my salesman I didn't want to pay $200 for floor mats, and he took the price off and left em in. Go that route and just sell them when you get aftermarket ones to make up a little bit of the hit.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:57 AM   #12
thebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thebottomline's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNY2011 View Post
I told my salesman I didn't want to pay $200 for floor mats, and he took the price off and left em in. Go that route and just sell them when you get aftermarket ones to make up a little bit of the hit.
I would counter that if you have truly negotiated the price to invoice and had the add ins, most dealers are not going to give away floor mats since their margins become a lot thinner.
All dealers have the bottomline number, and honestly it is not worth it to drive 300 miles to get free floor mats. No easy answer but I would say the floor mats are not a make or break item, since they do have some resale value.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:02 AM   #13
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
They're nice mats.... but they're carpet and get dirty easily.

So, if your shoes never get dirty ....and you never drag mud/dirt into your truck...then get them.

But for most of us...we buy aftermarket rubberized mats because we're dirty and hate cleaning the carpetted mats.

I love my huskies. I've had a set for every truck I've ever owned (3 of them).
Old 03-08-2011, 10:08 AM   #14
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
i love my weather techs
Old 03-08-2011, 10:16 AM   #15
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Mine came with the off-road package, but I would probably have the weather techs if I had the choice. Although the stock ones seem to be holding up just fine. They get dirty, but I take them out and scrub them after winter and they look good as new.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:16 AM   #16
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
Save your money. I got a set of Huskys and love them.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #17
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've got the fabric mats and haven't seen them since they day the truck rolled off the lot because they've been covered by a set of Husky mats.
So, you're the one.