Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Recommendations for a Bit More Rear Lift

Old 03-05-2011, 10:37 AM   #1
socal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to all
socal4x's Tacoma Gallery
Recommendations for a Bit More Rear Lift

Double Cab, Short Bed, 4x4, Billys up front at 1.75 with Trd Sport coils, billy 5100s w/ toyota tsb rear leafs. About 6k miles on the lift/springs.

I had a shell on when I lifted the truck, but the rear has settled a bit more than the front, so now I am ass low about 1/4 to 1/2 inch, which gets worse, of course, when I load up the bed, even w just a bit of weight.

I'd like it to be closer to level, and I don't want to do blocks, does anybody have any recommendations? AAL?, or shitcan the tsb leaf and put in a lift?

Thanks!
Old 03-05-2011, 10:40 AM   #2
cameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to behold

Name: cameron
cameronlane's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal4x View Post
Double Cab, Short Bed, 4x4, Billys up front at 1.75 with Trd Sport coils, billy 5100s w/ toyota tsb rear leafs. About 6k miles on the lift/springs.

I had a shell on when I lifted the truck, but the rear has settled a bit more than the front, so now I am ass low about 1/4 to 1/2 inch, which gets worse, of course, when I load up the bed, even w just a bit of weight.

I'd like it to be closer to level, and I don't want to do blocks, does anybody have any recommendations? AAL?, or shitcan the tsb leaf and put in a lift?

Thanks!
Just get a rear leaf pack and be done. All pro, alcan, deaver ...
Old 03-05-2011, 10:41 AM   #3
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
1.5" aal
Old 03-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
socal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to all
socal4x's Tacoma Gallery
1.5" aal and remove the tsb leaf? otherwise the lift is too much

How much lift would I get from the shackle flip?

Heres a pic w/ stock tires.
Attached Thumbnails
Recommendations for a Bit More Rear Lift-tacoma.jpg  
Old 03-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #7
socal4x's Tacoma Gallery
I guess I can contact them...sounds like it may be the way to go.

I was also considering the toytec leaf, they have a tsb and non-tsb kit, I'm confused if the tsb kit replaces the tsb spring, or is just a lesser lift aal.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:53 PM   #8
nrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shednrm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
nrm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal4x View Post
the rear has settled a bit more than the front, so now I am ass low about 1/4 to 1/2 inch, which gets worse, of course, when I load up the bed, even w just a bit of weight.
Well this has just made up my mind about what setting to go with on my 5100's. I had the TSB done a couple months ago and gonna install the 5100's up front tonight. Going .85"
Old 03-05-2011, 07:30 PM   #9
o_o
Special_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Eddie
Special_K's Tacoma Gallery
just heard back from ATO regarding the shackle flip kits for those interested...they are pretty close now and are testing a few kits so they should be available soon

I can't really quantify that so....yeah....

hopefully the kit price remains the same, around $100. much less than a new leaf pack if you're not looking to add a ton of lift
Old 03-08-2011, 09:17 AM   #10
socal4x's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrm View Post
Well this has just made up my mind about what setting to go with on my 5100's. I had the TSB done a couple months ago and gonna install the 5100's up front tonight. Going .85"

If I didn't have the shell on it would be level at 1.75".
Old 03-08-2011, 09:18 AM   #11
socal4x's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
just heard back from ATO regarding the shackle flip kits for those interested...they are pretty close now and are testing a few kits so they should be available soon

I can't really quantify that so....yeah....

hopefully the kit price remains the same, around $100. much less than a new leaf pack if you're not looking to add a ton of lift

I just got an email back from them, they are still testing them out, and should be ready soon.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:08 AM   #12
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattapunk View Post
TSB aal is added to your TSB springs. I think non-TSB aal used on your TSB springs would require some fabrication to make it work.
I believe the two springs sets are just arched differently to acheive the same total amount of lift whether you have the TSB or non-TSB springs .
Old 03-08-2011, 10:13 AM   #13
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
Your right. I think the non-TSB has a higher arch so will give a slight higher lift but will be too stiff for TSB springs. I just remember another member mentioned one time about needing to do some cutting to make it work.