Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

coolant leak

Old 03-05-2011, 09:17 PM   #1
BlazeTaco is on a distinguished road

BlazeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
coolant leak

I have a leak with my radiator overflow line. I was just wonder if anyone else has this problem. It seems when it sits for a while it weeps and suck air. the line is full when the engine is warm and no air buble. I have an arrow pointing to the leak.
Attached Thumbnails
coolant leak-dscn0128b.jpg  
Old 03-05-2011, 09:26 PM   #2
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I think there should be a clamp on that hose. Replace the hose and put two small clamps on it.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:14 AM   #3
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Mine leaks at the hose. Has since I got the truck. I put a ziptie on it and pulled tight. Still leaks at that hose. Might have to get a clamp for it. Starting to bug me that the coolant level drops.

Have an 09 Taco at work that leaks so bad at that hose there is a pile of deposits around it from all the chemicals in the coolant.

WTF were they thinking? Seems like they could have fixed that between 06 and 09? Guess that belongs on the same list with a bunch of other stuff on the 2nd gens.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #5
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Remove the hose, clean the hose, inspect the hose, reattch with a hose clamp. If it still leaks, take it to the dealer. It's under warranty, right?