Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

bjmoose mounts NATO jerry gas cans

Old 05-14-2012, 08:41 AM   #21
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Yeah, there's a spout designed exactly to work with these cans and I keep it zip tied to the cans.

Make sure it's seated tightly when you pour or it may disconnect unexpectedly while you pour.
yeah that's what I read on other forums. I ended up picking up this on ebay

I'm waiting for it to come in, but I'm hoping it fits nicely. I was thinking of adding a gasket of some sort so that it fits super snug. Thoughts?
Old 05-14-2012, 08:43 AM   #22
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
It should already have a gasket in it.

It's not that it leaks, it's that the bayonets slip open and the whole thing falls off while you're not paying attention.

Basically, I think as long as you're aware this could happen and watch for it and check and double check, there will never be a problem.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:45 AM   #23
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Cool thanks for the tip
Old 02-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #24
FLYNN LIVES!
7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Helicopter Armament Mechanic
7A7ER's Tacoma Gallery
cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reepur View Post
LOL get that a lot. I angled em down because..
1. dont foresee high centering my truck where I go.
2. Comes out a little farther to protect against door dings.
3. Use em as a step and at this angle, gives me plenty of room
for my steel toe boots to fit on them.
4. More room for my hi lift to clear the side of the truck.

and they don't sit down any lower than the cross member.
I dig the whole setup, everything really flows bro. Course I'm biased toward the tires but for good reason, know? And no matter how many horses your riding on, the right angled stirrups always help.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:13 AM   #25
ekms377 is on a distinguished road

ekms377's Tacoma Gallery
What tonneau cover are you using?
Old 02-19-2013, 07:33 AM   #26
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekms377 View Post
What tonneau cover are you using?
Truxedo lo pro
Old 02-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #27
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a link to where you bought these gas cans?
Old 04-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #28
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Let me do some quick research at the office tomorrow and find a manufacturer for the newer style jerry cans and fill spouts we are using in todays modern Army. Believe it or not, after a hundred of years of slogging fuel, they have a system that works and doesn't leave your truck or boots dripping wet with fuel.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:53 AM   #29
Assimilated
On An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
On An Island's Tacoma Gallery
Bullwinkle, thanks for sharing. That trick with the rope and tape is going to come in handy.

Yota Lover, I'm interested in that info/link too.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #30
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by On An Island View Post
Bullwinkle, thanks for sharing. That trick with the rope and tape is going to come in handy.

Yota Lover, I'm interested in that info/link too.
The cans are produced in Canada by Scepter, part number MIL-C-53109. There are older metal spouts (worthless), but the new spouts screw on tight, the ones we use pour quick and allow air back into the can (the nozzle on the left). From what I understand they are non carb cans, and I've seen them build up pressure. Of course you're also not losing fuel to the atmosphere.

http://d2niudmyfqi6ye.cloudfront.net/images/portab3.jpg

They seem to be pricey as all hell from Scepter, but there are some on eBay.

The spout is also available from Scepter, part 11677020. With the viton gasket its around $50.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:08 AM   #31
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
The cans are produced in Canada by Scepter, part number MIL-C-53109. There are older metal spouts (worthless), but the new spouts screw on tight, the ones we use pour quick and allow air back into the can (the nozzle on the left). From what I understand they are non carb cans, and I've seen them build up pressure. Of course you're also not losing fuel to the atmosphere.

http://d2niudmyfqi6ye.cloudfront.net/images/portab3.jpg

They seem to be pricey as all hell from Scepter, but there are some on eBay.

The spout is also available from Scepter, part 11677020. With the viton gasket its around $50.
Scepter won't ship those cans to the States for non-Military or non-FEMA use
Old 04-03-2013, 06:11 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Scepter won't ship those cans to the States for non-Military or non-FEMA use
Know any Canadians? You should, they're much nicer than we are. I did see some group buys online, I think one was from another 4x4 forum. it's worth looking into.

Or, if you have a buddy in the Army, Guard, or Reserve they might be able to find one or two for you that "fell off a 5-ton."
Old 04-03-2013, 07:38 AM   #34
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
Know any Canadians?

and I already own 2 Scepter MFC cans
Old 04-03-2013, 07:45 AM   #35
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
Thats some creative thinking on getting the bracket between the bed and the cab.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:07 AM   #36
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Check out ole man grouch military surplus. Good guy to deal with.. https://www.facebook.com/GreatSurplu...ref=ts&fref=ts
Old 04-04-2013, 07:09 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post

and I already own 2 Scepter MFC cans
I thought you'd be flattered that I was calling you nice. I just get my Scepter cans at work.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:23 AM   #38
US Patriot
Dondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
Dondy52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazylegs View Post
Check out ole man grouch military surplus. Good guy to deal with.. https://www.facebook.com/GreatSurplu...ref=ts&fref=ts
I go up to Ole' Grouches about once a month. He has a great supply of authentic military surplus gear. I might go up there this weekend.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:28 AM   #39
ramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the roughramonortiz55 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ramon
ramonortiz55's Tacoma Gallery
whered u get the jerry cans from?

I like those!
Old 02-15-2014, 12:06 PM   #40
FLYNN LIVES!
7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed7A7ER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Helicopter Armament Mechanic
7A7ER's Tacoma Gallery
wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonortiz55 View Post
whered u get the jerry cans from?

I like those!
i'm not sure, but if you drudge through the thread in its entirety, the whole 2 pages, you may find a clue.

you know, when you have the time...