1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Blower fan makes "tick tick tick" noise on low speed

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Pierrefonds, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Mar 18, 2011 at 7:12 PM
    JHTreyIII

JHTreyIII Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trey
    Chicagoland
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport DCLB 4X4
    ToyTec ULK, ARB Bumper, Warn XD9000, All Pro Rear Bumper and Sliders, K&N Intake, TRD Exhaust, Wet Okoles, 285/75/16 MT Kevlars, All Pro U-bolt Flip w/ Timbren Stops, OME Dakar leaf packs, Spidertrax Spacers
    Ordered mine Jan 8th and it's finally here! Keeping my fingers crossed.

2. Mar 20, 2011 at 6:42 AM
    JHTreyIII

Member:
    First Name:
    Trey
    Chicagoland
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport DCLB 4X4
    ToyTec ULK, ARB Bumper, Warn XD9000, All Pro Rear Bumper and Sliders, K&N Intake, TRD Exhaust, Wet Okoles, 285/75/16 MT Kevlars, All Pro U-bolt Flip w/ Timbren Stops, OME Dakar leaf packs, Spidertrax Spacers
    Got it installed yesterday morning, took about 45 minutes. So far no chirping!! We'll see how long it lasts.

3. Mar 24, 2011 at 9:00 PM
    USNavyTaco

USNavyTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goose Creek SC
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma prerunner sr5 with mods
    2 inch coil spacers up front, tsb rear, Kobalt toolbox, westin bull bar, driver seat height mod, jvc head unit, rag joint zip tie truss mod, 17inch alloy 4runner sr5 rims wrapped in 265 yoko geolanders, off road lights, uhaul hitch, tacoma seat covers, avs vent visors, debadged prerunner, mud flaps gone, scanguage II, glovebox shock absorber mod,flowmaster 40 exhaust,
    I too have the humping crickets. On all fan speeds except 4 (Blasting High). I am currently on a waiting list for the sound insulation kit, was told it would be in Mid March..... Yippy.....

Now, Im tempted to do EyeDoc's fix and tighten the 2 adjustment screws to get me through the time being. Here's my issue though, tried removing 3 phillips screws. No good. Blower wont budge. Also tried pulling wire harness out from blower, also no good, its like it is glued in there tight.

Its driving me crazy.....

4. Mar 25, 2011 at 5:52 AM
    JHTreyIII

Member:
    First Name:
    Trey
    Chicagoland
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport DCLB 4X4
    What kind of sound insulation kit? Is it designed specifically for this application?

5. Jul 5, 2011 at 7:03 AM
    dudeondacouch

dudeondacouch Shadetree Artilleryman

Member:
    First Name:
    Gunny
    El Paso
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport
    Glad I found this. Two lowest settings produce a rage-inducing tick. It's easily drowned out by the stereo, but from reading it seems as it will only get worse.

Had planned on removing the blower housing and looking for a leaf or something, had no idea there was a TSB and that the part is made by... GM :facepalm:

6. Jul 5, 2011 at 11:35 AM
    JKD

JKD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Go ahead and clean the blower...could help. You can even check it fairly well with a flashlight just by removing the cabin air filter and looking in the filter door.

7. Sep 14, 2011 at 6:30 AM
    JHTreyIII

Member:
    First Name:
    Trey
    Chicagoland
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport DCLB 4X4
    Well here we are 6 months later...starting to cool off here in Chicago...and I think the chirping is starting to return on the new fan. Ugh.

It's been a while since I've search the postings about this so maybe there's some new info. I shouldn't have to take the thing apart and lube it every year, who wants to do that.

Maybe I'll just make Toyota replace it once a year to keep the warranty on the motor in place. Maybe that will give them some more time to solve the problem. I'm tired of saying maybe though.

Stupid chirping birds in the dash!:mad:

8. Oct 4, 2011 at 4:05 AM
    2010Tacoma4x4

2010Tacoma4x4 "Man Ho"

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 SR5
    Tinted windows, Bug deflector, Rain guards, Bed mat, Rear leaf TSB, Bilsteins front & rear (front set @ 1.75), 16x8 chrome Helo wheels, Toyo open country AT P265/75/R16 tires. CBI bolt on sliders. BSP color matched M1 Satoshi grill. BHLM. UWS low profile black powder coat crosover truckbox. Pioneer DVD/CD head unit - 4 channel amp - front mids & highs - 8" sub box.
    Just had mine replaced last week.
    I brought it into the dealer and they tried to tell me it was some leaves and debris. I told them that is not what it sounded like to me. Didn't even get a mile down the road when it started again. Needless to say they ended up replacing the blower after I came right back with a pissed off look on my face. :mad:
    The service manager gave me a free oil change coupon for my troubles. Guess I'll add it to my stack of ones I already have.

9. Feb 18, 2013 at 2:34 PM
    Markcape

Markcape Old as Dirt

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Cape Cod,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma A/C Debadged
    Ionic S/S 4in. Oval Running boards Sound Shocker/Stereo radio Aux. input mod. "new" Blower motor Installed/TSB WeatherTech mats Pro Cargo net in bed Console net Tailgate anti-theft mod. ImMrYo Mirror Lift bracket u RainX Wiper Blades
    Had the same problem. Researched problem here at site and found TSB. Got mine replaced today under warranty. Be sure to get the updated! blower part...#87103-04043. They had part in stock , due to many complaints 2011 models. Quiet now. Local dealer in Hyannis, Ma. very helpful. See TSB0162-11. Good luck.

Products Discussed in

To Top