Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Blower fan makes "tick tick tick" noise on low speed

Old 03-18-2011, 07:12 PM   #21
JHTreyIII is just really niceJHTreyIII is just really niceJHTreyIII is just really niceJHTreyIII is just really niceJHTreyIII is just really nice

Name: Trey
JHTreyIII's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNewell View Post
Yup, same here, waiting for the parts to arrive at dealer.
Ordered mine Jan 8th and it's finally here! Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:42 AM   #22
JHTreyIII is just really niceJHTreyIII is just really niceJHTreyIII is just really niceJHTreyIII is just really niceJHTreyIII is just really nice

Got it installed yesterday morning, took about 45 minutes. So far no chirping!! We'll see how long it lasts.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:00 PM   #23
USNavyTaco is on a distinguished road

Navy: Electricians Mate Third Class Petty Officer
USNavyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I too have the humping crickets. On all fan speeds except 4 (Blasting High). I am currently on a waiting list for the sound insulation kit, was told it would be in Mid March..... Yippy.....

Now, Im tempted to do EyeDoc's fix and tighten the 2 adjustment screws to get me through the time being. Here's my issue though, tried removing 3 phillips screws. No good. Blower wont budge. Also tried pulling wire harness out from blower, also no good, its like it is glued in there tight.

Its driving me crazy.....
Old 03-25-2011, 05:52 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNavyTaco View Post
I too have the humping crickets. On all fan speeds except 4 (Blasting High). I am currently on a waiting list for the sound insulation kit, was told it would be in Mid March..... Yippy.....

Now, Im tempted to do EyeDoc's fix and tighten the 2 adjustment screws to get me through the time being. Here's my issue though, tried removing 3 phillips screws. No good. Blower wont budge. Also tried pulling wire harness out from blower, also no good, its like it is glued in there tight.

Its driving me crazy.....
What kind of sound insulation kit? Is it designed specifically for this application?
Old 07-05-2011, 07:03 AM   #25
Shadetree Artilleryman
dudeondacouch is a glorious beacon of lightdudeondacouch is a glorious beacon of lightdudeondacouch is a glorious beacon of lightdudeondacouch is a glorious beacon of lightdudeondacouch is a glorious beacon of lightdudeondacouch is a glorious beacon of light

Army:
Name: Gunny
dudeondacouch's Tacoma Gallery
Glad I found this. Two lowest settings produce a rage-inducing tick. It's easily drowned out by the stereo, but from reading it seems as it will only get worse.

Had planned on removing the blower housing and looking for a leaf or something, had no idea there was a TSB and that the part is made by... GM
Old 07-05-2011, 11:35 AM   #26
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
Go ahead and clean the blower...could help. You can even check it fairly well with a flashlight just by removing the cabin air filter and looking in the filter door.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:30 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTreyIII View Post
Got it installed yesterday morning, took about 45 minutes. So far no chirping!! We'll see how long it lasts.
Well here we are 6 months later...starting to cool off here in Chicago...and I think the chirping is starting to return on the new fan. Ugh.

It's been a while since I've search the postings about this so maybe there's some new info. I shouldn't have to take the thing apart and lube it every year, who wants to do that.

Maybe I'll just make Toyota replace it once a year to keep the warranty on the motor in place. Maybe that will give them some more time to solve the problem. I'm tired of saying maybe though.

Stupid chirping birds in the dash!
Old 10-04-2011, 04:05 AM   #28
"Man Ho"
2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
2010Tacoma4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Just had mine replaced last week.
I brought it into the dealer and they tried to tell me it was some leaves and debris. I told them that is not what it sounded like to me. Didn't even get a mile down the road when it started again. Needless to say they ended up replacing the blower after I came right back with a pissed off look on my face.
The service manager gave me a free oil change coupon for my troubles. Guess I'll add it to my stack of ones I already have.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #29
Old as Dirt
Markcape is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: Fleo
Name: Mark
Markcape's Tacoma Gallery
Had the same problem. Researched problem here at site and found TSB. Got mine replaced today under warranty. Be sure to get the updated! blower part...#87103-04043. They had part in stock , due to many complaints 2011 models. Quiet now. Local dealer in Hyannis, Ma. very helpful. See TSB0162-11. Good luck.