Notices

Blower fan makes "tick tick tick" noise on low speed

Old 03-06-2011, 09:00 PM   #1
Pierrefonds is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
Pierrefonds's Tacoma Gallery
Blower fan makes "tick tick tick" noise on low speed

Hello,

I have a 2010 Tacoma that is driving me mad - the blower fan makes a very annoying sound on both the first and second speed. Does anyone have any ideas please?

The truck has 7k miles on it...this should not be happening.

Thanks!

Dan
Old 03-15-2011, 10:44 AM   #3
Tacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to all

Name: Mike
Tacoma206's Tacoma Gallery
I have 8K miles and mine is doing the same thing starting yesterday. Only happens on the first speed. 2010 SR5.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:43 PM   #4
pmo will become famous soon enoughpmo will become famous soon enough

pmo's Tacoma Gallery
mine to...just turn it up full and back...it should stop...another noise I solved was the "rattle" behind the dash...check the bolts holding the front mudflaps on....should help
Old 03-15-2011, 02:48 PM   #5
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
That diy fix is great, but grease, while effective, is a little overkill. For motor bearings in electrics you should use a lightweight oil like 3 in 1. If your bearings are shot, you could probably get new ones from Boca Bearing. Just search by size.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:57 PM   #6
jrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
I Mazda did it when I had it. I learned to ignore it.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:06 PM   #7
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Take it in and they'll replace it. The dealership took 3 minutes with mine and scheduled for a replacement. Took about a 3 week wait and an hour to change it out.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:08 PM   #8
Tacohead
HuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
HuntnTruk's Tacoma Gallery
Yep I just had mine changed today under the tsb. The tech assured me it was an updated motor. Its silent. took about 10 minutes.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:31 PM   #9
supralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
supralight's Tacoma Gallery
buy a TYC fan (if the DIY does not work for you). I've tried the DIY and no luck
Old 03-16-2011, 01:06 AM   #10
Tacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to all

Name: Mike
Tacoma206's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmo View Post
another noise I solved was the "rattle" behind the dash...
I have that rattle as well. I will check the mudflaps and see if it improves...
Old 03-16-2011, 04:03 AM   #11
pelagic pirate is on a distinguished road
pelagic pirate's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntnTruk View Post
Yep I just had mine changed today under the tsb. The tech assured me it was an updated motor. Its silent. took about 10 minutes.
I have searched but cant seem to come up with the tsb number for the fan any help would be appreciated
Old 03-16-2011, 05:20 PM   #13
newtaco2008 is on a distinguished road
newtaco2008's Tacoma Gallery
Had my 08 in for the same thing in November, they replaced the fan motor and quiet ever since!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-18-2011, 12:37 PM   #14
pelagic pirate is on a distinguished road
pelagic pirate's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010Tacoma4x4 View Post
Here ya go....
thanks
Old 03-18-2011, 12:55 PM   #15
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I know there is a defect on some of these, but my 05 was doing this when I bought it. I removed the fan and it had a piece of pine straw in it. 3 minute fix.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:42 PM   #16
Shaggy is a splendid one to beholdShaggy is a splendid one to beholdShaggy is a splendid one to beholdShaggy is a splendid one to beholdShaggy is a splendid one to beholdShaggy is a splendid one to beholdShaggy is a splendid one to behold

Shaggy's Tacoma Gallery
Same here - took to dealer and they changed mine out although the first time they fixed it they told me it was leaves.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:49 PM   #17
1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
1bad10tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have this issue with mine too, i am gonna call the stealersip tommorrow.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:03 PM   #18
Firefighterst5 is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
Firefighterst5's Tacoma Gallery
I got mine fixed

I got a 2010 tacoma sport that the ticking in the blower was driving me nuts. I took it to the toyota dealership and they said it would be about 2 minths untill the parts came in because they were on back order. But they finally came in I took it up there it took them about 2 hours and............................. No more nosie
Old 03-18-2011, 07:07 PM   #19
JHTreyIII is just really niceJHTreyIII is just really niceJHTreyIII is just really niceJHTreyIII is just really niceJHTreyIII is just really nice

Name: Trey
JHTreyIII's Tacoma Gallery
My blower motor is getting replaced in the morning under the TSB...stand by for a report.