Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Hankook Dynapro ATM's + Snow + 12-yr Old Behavior: short video

Old 03-07-2011, 07:51 AM   #1
Membrrrrrr
netmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

netmagi's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook Dynapro ATM's + Snow + 12-yr Old Behavior: short video

Just got these Hankook's mounted last week. We had some snow/ice this morning.

It's only an inch or two here, but was close to 6" ~20 mile away where I had just come from, and they performed EXCEPTIONALLY well. I could get further in 2WD than I could with the BFG ragged trails in 4WD with someone pushing.

And yes, I know I'm 32 going on 12, but look at those tires throwin snow :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKvuhctcTAA

-Rich
Old 03-07-2011, 07:55 AM   #2
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Haha sweet glad you like em
Old 03-07-2011, 08:45 AM   #4
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
They are good... self cleaning tread action was noteable when I had them in mud last week!
Old 03-07-2011, 10:39 AM   #5
Blue07Taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
Blue07Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I've sold a few sets of the ATM's and everyone seems to like them. Rugged Trails suck, I sold the ones that came on my first taco at 8K miles.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #6
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Vid.

Thanks for confirming my choice of these tires when I mount new rims next month...
Old 03-07-2011, 12:04 PM   #7
Membrrrrrr
netmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

netmagi's Tacoma Gallery
it's a shame you can't see the horizon in the video. .

you'd be dizzy once I get on the gas after going through the slushy stuff :P

These tires are also excellent in the wet so far as well btw. There's some problem spots that are usually like ice whenever it's wet, and these handle them the best of any tires I've owned on various vehicles.

-Rich
Old 03-07-2011, 03:59 PM   #8
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook may be the up and coming truck/ SUV tire make.. Four Wheeler Magazine (April 2011 issue) did a hard core Mud Tire test of 10 brands... Hankook Dynapro MT was the overall winner! It surprised them... also a surprise that BFG Mud Terrain TA KM2s came in 8th place!
Old 03-07-2011, 04:58 PM   #9
Curtamous is on a distinguished road
Curtamous's Tacoma Gallery
..Just put them on my '06 TRD OR also. Love them and I haven't even been off-road yet! What tire pressure do you find to be most preferrable for road use? Mine are currently at 40psi and it's a little stiff.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:49 PM   #10
I've got the FUNK
dgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 91W - Medic
dgr540's Tacoma Gallery
I love mine
Old 03-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #11

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtamous View Post
..Just put them on my '06 TRD OR also. Love them and I haven't even been off-road yet! What tire pressure do you find to be most preferrable for road use? Mine are currently at 40psi and it's a little stiff.
35 psi... 30 was a bit squishy feeling. I plan on doing the chalk test as soon as I get some chalk (and it stops raining)!
Old 03-07-2011, 11:10 PM   #12
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pretty sure you can do doughnuts in snow with any tire , having said that my Hankook Dynapro MT's handle our wet snow conditions pretty well .
Old 03-08-2011, 12:14 AM   #13
jeepmor is on a distinguished road
jeepmor's Tacoma Gallery
There's something about a spinning tire and loose rear end that just brings a smile to one's face.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:56 PM   #14
Membrrrrrr

netmagi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I'm pretty sure you can do doughnuts in snow with any tire
no doubt, but I was pretty impressed with how well it ejected the muck and dug in on the snow
Old 03-11-2011, 10:46 PM   #15
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by netmagi View Post
no doubt, but I was pretty impressed with how well it ejected the muck and dug in on the snow

Not hatin bro , see below

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I'm pretty sure you can do doughnuts in snow with any tire , having said that my Hankook Dynapro MT's handle our wet snow conditions pretty well .