Notices

Window Tint!!

Old 03-08-2011, 12:55 PM   #22
billyboi8 is on a distinguished road

Name: Billy
billyboi8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambojee View Post
ya i guess it would be but why do u want tint? the look or so ppl cant see u or both? i have it so ppl wont look in and see all the nice stuff i have inside and wont be timpted to break in
I dont really want people to see in. But here where i live if the cops cant see you at all they will pull ya and write ya ticket. So i figured you can still see in 35 % but its still got a darker shade to it than factory.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:09 PM   #25
Tennessee Member
Jeremy92 has a spectacular aura aboutJeremy92 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jeremy
Jeremy92's Tacoma Gallery
What do y'all think about tinting the back, does it mess up the slideing window. And what is your visiblity like at night and during the day? How dark would you recommend?
Old 03-08-2011, 01:15 PM   #26
levi
Robertocritser is a name known to allRobertocritser is a name known to allRobertocritser is a name known to allRobertocritser is a name known to allRobertocritser is a name known to allRobertocritser is a name known to all

Name: Levi
Robertocritser's Tacoma Gallery
i can see out of mine just fine at night. i havent been pulled over for my tint, but when i did get pulled over the cop didnt say anything about it.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #27
TomaGirl has a spectacular aura aboutTomaGirl has a spectacular aura aboutTomaGirl has a spectacular aura about

Name: Ticia
TomaGirl's Tacoma Gallery
DARK!!

The darker the better!!
Old 03-08-2011, 01:53 PM   #28
COACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud of

Army: SNIPER HHC, 3 BATTALION,73 ARMOR,82ND AIRBORNE
Name: JC
COACHPPARK's Tacoma Gallery
AS LEGAL AS I CAN GO ON 3 SIDES THEN I DID MY FRONT WINDOW TOO.....=-)
Old 03-08-2011, 03:47 PM   #29
accesscab is on a distinguished road
Name: Scott
accesscab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboi8 View Post
will the 35% be worth it?
I got 20% all around. I plan on getting it removed and go 5% all around. My brother has 5 all around with 35% on the whole windshield and a 5% strip at the top, I love it!
Old 03-08-2011, 04:01 PM   #30
2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2000GTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have 5% on my back glass and side glasses on the ext cab hard backing up at night 15% on front driver and Passenger not too bad and 5% windshield strip at the top I love that in particular knocks the sun down in the morning
Old 03-08-2011, 04:28 PM   #31
Mr. Midlife Crisis
TacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoAlaMode's Tacoma Gallery
This is on a bright sunny Alabama day. 20 on the side, 50 on the front, all polarized. The 20 kills the backup lights at night. The 50 is ok at night for the headlights. Wearing polarized sunglasses and the polarized tint makes for a hallucaginic color meld.

My main reason to go all the way around is because of the heat and glare in the summer.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:29 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoAlaMode View Post
This is on a bright sunny Alabama day. 20 on the side, 50 on the front, all polarized. The 20 kills the backup lights at night. The 50 is ok at night for the headlights. Wearing polarized sunglasses and the polarized tint makes for a hallucaginic color meld.

My main reason to go all the way around is because of the heat and glare in the summer.

50% is really just good for reflective reasons correct?
Old 03-08-2011, 11:40 PM   #33
TacoVerde is a glorious beacon of lightTacoVerde is a glorious beacon of lightTacoVerde is a glorious beacon of lightTacoVerde is a glorious beacon of lightTacoVerde is a glorious beacon of lightTacoVerde is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Sean
TacoVerde's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=TacoAlaMode;2846792]This is on a bright sunny Alabama day. 20 on the side, 50 on the front, all polarized. The 20 kills the backup lights at night. The 50 is ok at night for the headlights. Wearing polarized sunglasses and the polarized tint makes for a hallucaginic color meld.

hahaha i know what you mean about hallucinating lol...i specifically bought my new sunglasses in non polarized because i wore my cousins that were polarized once while driving holy shit, damn streaky rainbows everywhere
Old 03-09-2011, 05:56 AM   #35
Mr. Midlife Crisis
TacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoAlaMode's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboi8 View Post
50% is really just good for reflective reasons correct?
The tint has a little reflection to it, but if you look at my first pic, you can see how much glare it removes. It is also great for "reflections" from other cars and from the hood. At night, you can tell that the tint is there when you are driving in areas without street lights. It isn't bad, but you lose some of the peripheral light from your headlights. During the day, you don't feel it at all. I can stand not having sunglasses, but still wear them most of the time because it isn't quite enough.

@TacoVerde - Yeah, my next set of sunglasses will be non-polarized for leaving in my truck.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:16 AM   #36
Matt in Knoxville is a glorious beacon of lightMatt in Knoxville is a glorious beacon of lightMatt in Knoxville is a glorious beacon of lightMatt in Knoxville is a glorious beacon of lightMatt in Knoxville is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Matt
Matt in Knoxville's Tacoma Gallery
I just did mine yesterday

tn allows 35% so i did 32%, i wanted to do 20 like the back windows, but it isnt worth a ticket...it still looks better...well worth the money! id post a pic, but its pouring outside right now.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:36 AM   #37
MURDERED_TACO
nick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud of

nick's Tacoma Gallery
i have 5 and 20 on the back and 4 doors, and a strip of 5 on the top of the windsheild with 35 from there down. nc laws dont care about back window or back doors, yet im still illegal

Old 03-09-2011, 07:15 AM   #38
Bring Yuengling To MN!
angrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

angrysam's Tacoma Gallery
I just had 35% done on my fronts-

Old 03-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick View Post
i have 5 and 20 on the back and 4 doors, and a strip of 5 on the top of the windsheild with 35 from there down. nc laws dont care about back window or back doors, yet im still illegal

dude how do you see outta the truck at nite??!
Old 03-09-2011, 04:50 PM   #40
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
I got 35% on the front 2 windows and everything else is stock. I plan to get it took off soon and match the back 2 windows. Which are 20% stock I think.