1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Soo my MAF Sensor got wet this weekend

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Slay0r, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Mar 10, 2011 at 3:51 AM
    DrRabbitFurHead

DrRabbitFurHead Yeah, there's a TSB for that!

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    X-treme Off Road Edition (4x4)
    Icon Extended Travel Coil Overs, Fox Rear Resi 8-Way Adjustable Shocks, Light Racing UCA's, OME Rear Leafs, M/T Classic Locks 17x9, Nitto T/G (285/70/R17), 5mm Billet Aluminum Spacers, Demello Sliders, All Pro Front Plate Bumper & IFS Skid Plate, PIAA 510's, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, O2 sims, Rear Timbren's & U-Bolt Flip Kit , 3* Rear Axel Shims, Extended Rear Brake Lines, 48" Hi-Lift with a ton of accessories, Wet Okoles, TRD bed mat, Borla Air Filter, Garmin Nuvi 765T, Viper 5901 remote start, 50% tint.
    I'd stay out of boost and get to the dealership at my earliest convenience.

2. Mar 10, 2011 at 8:10 AM
    Slay0r

Slay0r [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    URD Supercharged Xrunner
    URD MKI s/c, URD CAI, URD ss, NST Pulleys, DTLT Headers, URD Y pipe, URD 3" Exhaust, URD Trac Bar, SSTT, 20" II Crave wheels, Sittin Sic, QA1's...btw, im addicted to METH
    dealerships gunna rape me if they even decide to touch my truck with all of the mods.

3. Mar 10, 2011 at 9:57 AM
    DriverSound

DriverSound Señor Member

Member:
    SoCaca
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR 4x4
    Too few to list.
    Who installed the SC? I'd stay away from the dealership. A tune shop that deals regularly with SC and turbo would be your best bet.

4. Mar 10, 2011 at 10:24 AM
    Slay0r

Slay0r [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    URD Supercharged Xrunner
    URD MKI s/c, URD CAI, URD ss, NST Pulleys, DTLT Headers, URD Y pipe, URD 3" Exhaust, URD Trac Bar, SSTT, 20" II Crave wheels, Sittin Sic, QA1's...btw, im addicted to METH
    the s/c was installed by the previous owner.

Im currently trying to figure out if there is a short from the MAFS, how would i go about fixing the issue.

5. Mar 10, 2011 at 3:37 PM
    DrRabbitFurHead

DrRabbitFurHead Yeah, there's a TSB for that!

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    X-treme Off Road Edition (4x4)
    Icon Extended Travel Coil Overs, Fox Rear Resi 8-Way Adjustable Shocks, Light Racing UCA's, OME Rear Leafs, M/T Classic Locks 17x9, Nitto T/G (285/70/R17), 5mm Billet Aluminum Spacers, Demello Sliders, All Pro Front Plate Bumper & IFS Skid Plate, PIAA 510's, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, O2 sims, Rear Timbren's & U-Bolt Flip Kit , 3* Rear Axel Shims, Extended Rear Brake Lines, 48" Hi-Lift with a ton of accessories, Wet Okoles, TRD bed mat, Borla Air Filter, Garmin Nuvi 765T, Viper 5901 remote start, 50% tint.
    I'd call the dealer and speak to the service manager. I had a heavily modded Infiniti a few years ago and both Orlando Infiniti and Lokey Infiniti in Clearwater were both mod-friendly. It can't hurt to call. Water in an intake is nothing new to a dealership, right?

Products Discussed in

To Top