Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My $3 Tacoma eyelids (soon to be for sale)

Old 03-07-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
fouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Riley
fouillard13's Tacoma Gallery
My $3 Tacoma eyelids (soon to be for sale)

Today I went to the local vinyl store and got some black vinyl. I could have got 3 yards of 24 inch black vinyl for 30 bucks. or 10 yards or 50$. i got about 2 feet and I can make 4 eyelids. I simply took a piece of paper. taped it on to my light and cut it out to what i liked. I then put it on my sheet of vinyl and cut it out. It was simple. The only hard part was putting it on witch i really screwed up. Its extremely hard to put on. I am so glad i didnt spend $45 on ebay and try to put them on my self. These on cost me $3 to make. I got the piece of vinyl for free because they let me take it from the scrap bin and i had to buy a 3$ exacto knife to properly cut it.
They look great from a far but up front you can see the air bubbles. I think i am going to start selling them on ebay for $25 a set and the black is perfect match for the black on my tacoma.

I have gone to the car wash and they do not peal and its also -30 and they are staying on perfect..

There is a guy down here that owns a logo store is going ot cut them with his machine for perfect cut. I will let you know when they go on ebay. I am going to try and match the red tacoma and blue as well.

Heres a picture of mine.
Attached Thumbnails
My  Tacoma eyelids (soon to be for sale)-lids.jpg  
Old 03-07-2011, 07:33 PM   #3
150,000 miles and counting
mcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud of

Name: sean
mcleod90's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in if you start selling them.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:01 PM   #4
fouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I can probably do white. black. blue and red, I will find out asap. white and black are the easiest because they dont got to be perfect as long as they are gloss. I will let you guys know more tomorroe on the progress when i got down and deal with the guy down there. Im HOPING they will be 25$ but may be 30 but still a good deal because you wont need to paint them.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:07 PM   #5
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Cool idea!
Old 03-07-2011, 09:18 PM   #6
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
can you possibly get it for the dark metallic gray?
Old 03-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #7
j1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
j1999t's Tacoma Gallery
im in for silver streak mica
Old 03-07-2011, 10:07 PM   #8

will find out tomorrow. i can prob do lots of colors. if not i was thinking of getting the paintible vinyl and just pre pianting them form an extra 5 bucks.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:11 PM   #9

Any one who would like a set let me know. I will do this style for now. And if it works good ill do different styles. I am going to go down tomorrow and work out a deal with the guy to get some made up
Old 03-07-2011, 10:14 PM   #10
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fouillard13 View Post
Any one who would like a set let me know. I will do this style for now. And if it works good ill do different styles. I am going to go down tomorrow and work out a deal with the guy to get some made up
if you can get the color of this id love to buy them from you!!

Old 03-07-2011, 10:20 PM   #11
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
I am not hating but anyone can go to a window tint shop that does stickers and do it them selfs or am I wrong! You could do this for 15 bucks T-Rex #2 color match is the way to go IMO!
Old 03-07-2011, 11:03 PM   #12

yes thats true. people can go to wal mart and buy 10 hamburgers for 8$ and cook and have 8 burgers but they STILL go to a resturaunt and pay 12$ for a shitty burger and a pop. People are lazy. They would rather spend the 10 bucks more and get some pre cut and color matched ready to go and not have to worry and try to explain the the tint shop what they want and how.

know what im sayin.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:13 PM   #13
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
not everyone
Old 03-07-2011, 11:21 PM   #14

ya i know hahaha but theres people out there that do. and im not makeing tons of cash. it will cost me $12 to make these and 2.50 to ship so $15 and thats not even covering my time. so i make $10 bucks. per set. im not making a ton. just something cool i thought i would try.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:23 PM   #15
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdered_Out_Taco View Post
I am not hating but anyone can go to a window tint shop that does stickers and do it them selfs or am I wrong! You could do this for 15 bucks T-Rex #2 color match is the way to go IMO!
x2 love mine!
but this is an awesome idea man good job!
Old 03-07-2011, 11:29 PM   #16

thanks alot. I will go and hopefully be able to work out a deal tomorrow and get some made up maybe even tomorrow. I would like to get black white silver and red going right away
Old 03-08-2011, 06:32 AM   #17
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
Good idea. Hope it works out for you. Always support those business minded people who are do-ers.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #18

we will be making a few sets tonight. probably white and black. maybe 3 of each. $30 a set. let me know if you want a set
Old 03-08-2011, 03:11 PM   #19
Big Member
Snake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Snake~'s Tacoma Gallery
How do they look with the headlights on? Is the vinyl thick enough to completely block the light along the top or do they "glow" a little bit?
Old 03-08-2011, 07:35 PM   #20

They do not glow. I will get some nice pictures tomorrow of the black I think i got a really close red and white. they look good. im also going with a thicker vinyl.