1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ordering '09 Taco

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by scoobydooo9r, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Sep 14, 2008 at 1:59 AM
    scoobydooo9r

scoobydooo9r [OP] Member

Member:
    Hey everyone, I will be buying an '09 Taco soon, and I had a question about ordering. I hear a lot of people talking about dealer trades if the dealer doesn't have the color/options you are looking for, but can you just have them order one with everything you want and wait for it to come? Would I expect to pay more for this since they are not moving one off their lot, or is it a wash since it won't sit on the lot and they won't be paying interest while it sits? Just curious to see if I can take the looking all over and possible dealer shipping charges, etc.

2. Sep 14, 2008 at 2:06 AM
    AFButters

AFButters Rigger, Please!!

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    If you are talking about wanting to get one from Toyota from the factory it takes a couple months.

You are better off scouting online and looking at the inventories of the local dealerships go in tell them what you want.. if they dont have it most places can pull trucks from the neighboring states.. if need be.. but make your offer and dont take no BS from them.

you should be able to walk in an get a truck for as close to invoice as possible if not under invoice with gas prices the way they are.. if they wont get you the truck for less than $1000 over invoice walk out.

3. Sep 14, 2008 at 2:12 AM
    scoobydooo9r

scoobydooo9r [OP] Member

Member:
    Thanks for the advice, I was going to begin with searching in town and on the internet, but I wanted to see if anyone else had gone this route. Keep all my options open. Thanks for serving by the way, we really do appreciate it.

4. Sep 14, 2008 at 6:11 AM
    tdm156

tdm156 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC 4x4 SR5**Sold
    I ordered my 09 but that was while the 08's where still on production line.....depending on the pipeline at your dealer he can do a change to one thats online or about to go online and get it in about 6 weeks....or at least thats what I was told when I started my process. Good luck with your order!

5. Sep 14, 2008 at 7:34 AM
    09tacoma

09tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    OKC
    Vehicle:
    4x4 off road
    access tonneau cover, smitty built side steps
    I just went through the same thing. I wanted a very specific truck. 09 crew cab 4x4 manual off road tow pkg 6 disk pkg, in grey metallic. There was only one like that in the U.S and it was in Colorado. The dealer offered to move it to OKC for me but it would have been 1000 extra. I didn’t want to pay extra so I told them I was in no hurry. The way the “ordering works” according to my dealer is that you don’t order one that is made specifically for you but you put a request in for a specific truck then when it is made your dealer gets priority for it. I was told six to eight weeks when I finished the deal last week then I got a call this week saying it will be here in four weeks or less. So I guess the short answer is in my experience you can get exactly what you want if you can wait 6-8 weeks for it. As far as price I got mine for 27100 I think it is a good price like you said they know the truck is going to be sold and it will be on the lot for less than a week.

6. Sep 14, 2008 at 10:39 AM
    tdm156

tdm156 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC 4x4 SR5**Sold
    Sounds like a great Taco you ordered. If your going to pay this much for a vehicle you should get what you want. Keep us posted!

7. Sep 14, 2008 at 11:08 AM
    09tacoma

09tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    OKC
    Vehicle:
    4x4 off road
    access tonneau cover, smitty built side steps
    that’s the way I felt I didn’t want to pay for stuff I don’t care for and I wanted all the stuff that I liked. They kept asking ok what on this list is a must have...my answer was everything on that list is a must have that is why I am getting a new truck if I was willing to give and take I would buy a used one. Anyway good luck ordering the truck it is something they can do but sometimes they seemed like they didn’t want to. Just stick to you guns on everything including color. That was another way they tried to get me to buy something in the area. “here this truck has everything you want it is just white not gray…oh and it has a 900 service package”

8. Dec 12, 2009 at 12:18 PM
    mbush

mbush Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sorry for the bumpage, but I was wondering if anyone knew the typical charge applied when ordering a custom truck. On edmunds, it talks about a destination charge ($800). Is that the price for the delivery or is that in addition to another charge?

On a side note, It seems that manual trans prerunner access cabs with trd sport aren't a popular choice.

Products Discussed in

To Top