1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Frustrating....

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by spaulding88, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Mar 11, 2011 at 3:23 AM
    woody6047

woody6047 McGrubber

Member:
    First Name:
    Beau
    Austin/ Waco Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma 4x4 dc
    100%stock, except for the exhaust leak and custom windshield crack mod
    Sounds about the same course i took. You will love the DT's i got a set myself and the Icons :thumbsup: I didnt do the snorkel kit because cutting a 4in hole in my fender scares me :eek:. If your ever around Victory/Liberty give me a shout.

EDIT: just read that you have a 10series flowmaster.... you can get all this from my build thread, but you will probably want to change that after the DTLT headers, i had the same setup and man that thing was loud and annoying. I had to change to a 40 and it sounds alot better. Something about the pitch just isnt right with the 10series.

2. Mar 11, 2011 at 3:53 AM
    spaulding88

spaulding88 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Lacey, WA
    Vehicle:
    Tonka Toy
    6" Pro Comp Lift, K&N CAI, All-Pro front bumper and Revenge-Fab Sliders, 285/75/16 BFG TKO's, Tire Rack, Flow-master 10 Series muffler
    Haha alright I'll see how loud it is, your not the first one Ive heard talk about how loud that setup can get. I do have the same fear about cutting into my truck also, but that's why I'm paying someone to do it instead of me. I am really looking forward to changing out from a spacer lift to the Icons and All-Pro expedition leaf springs. I would never recommend anyone doing a spacer lift, save money and just do it right the first time around.

3. Mar 11, 2011 at 3:55 AM
    tostidos

tostidos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Apple Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 6spd
    I hear ya man Im here in the lovely country too and have soo much work to do and so many boxes to go through when I get home. itll be like Christmas in March! I know your pain!

4. Mar 11, 2011 at 4:02 AM
    woody6047

woody6047 McGrubber

Member:
    First Name:
    Beau
    Austin/ Waco Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma 4x4 dc
    100%stock, except for the exhaust leak and custom windshield crack mod
    AMEN to that! I did the same thing, and I am currently running that exact same lift... I wish i would have had the knowledge and done it right the first time.

5. Mar 11, 2011 at 4:14 AM
    spaulding88

spaulding88 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Lacey, WA
    Vehicle:
    Tonka Toy
    6" Pro Comp Lift, K&N CAI, All-Pro front bumper and Revenge-Fab Sliders, 285/75/16 BFG TKO's, Tire Rack, Flow-master 10 Series muffler
    Yeah the end result will be much nicer, come out spending a little more but it will last a hell of allot longer in the long run.

Products Discussed in

To Top