Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toyota Frames

Old 03-10-2011, 03:34 AM   #21
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartStar View Post
Question?
is my 2011 frame going to rust out?
If it does it won't be because of Dana. It'll be because of the dopehead posts you make in every thread you post in, because you didn't clean and wax it then coat it with oil, forgot to go to a car wash that sprays the underbody & because you're fouling the name of an NFL hall of fame quarterback.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:43 AM   #22
It seemed like a good idea at the time...
RickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant futureRickG has a brilliant future

Law Enforcement: Retired
RickG's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to RickG
Quote:
Question?
Eventually it will... Hopefully not for quite a while though. Last time I was in the dealer waiting for my truck they were replacing a Tundra frame in the first bay where we could watch from the waiting area. There were 4 or 5 more frames stacked outside. At least they're addressing it.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:04 AM   #23
PeteH has much to be proud ofPeteH has much to be proud ofPeteH has much to be proud ofPeteH has much to be proud ofPeteH has much to be proud ofPeteH has much to be proud ofPeteH has much to be proud ofPeteH has much to be proud ofPeteH has much to be proud of

PeteH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
If it does it won't be because of Dana. It'll be because of the dopehead posts you make in every thread you post in, because you didn't clean and wax it then coat it with oil, forgot to go to a car wash that sprays the underbody & because you're fouling the name of an NFL hall of fame quarterback.

Damn!!! Is it even possible to be a bigger horses ass?
Old 03-10-2011, 05:19 AM   #24
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteH View Post
yes...and it's name is BartStar

nice edit BTW, b/c if you left that out you would then be talking about yourself in that post.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:26 AM   #25
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
oh no! now there's a new problem with the Tacoma? rusted out frames?
should have got the Nissan instead!
you guys should be washing and waxing your frames! its in the maintenance manual!
The coal trucks in my area they spray used oil on the underbody of their trucks so they don't rust out!
You guys should be doing that!
They make automatic car washes that spray the underbody, why don't you guys use those car washes?
I don't blame Toyota if they would reject a rusted out frame warranty claim if you failed to maintain and clean it properly!
Do you even own a Toyota?
Old 03-10-2011, 05:27 AM   #26
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
I couldn't of said it better myself.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:27 AM   #27
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
I had some surface rust on my '07 frame right by the cab mount that's behind the front wheel. A little wire wheel took it off and I sealed it up with some spray paint. I also live in GA where rust is very minimal if none at all.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:30 AM   #28
PeteH has much to be proud ofPeteH has much to be proud ofPeteH has much to be proud ofPeteH has much to be proud ofPeteH has much to be proud ofPeteH has much to be proud ofPeteH has much to be proud ofPeteH has much to be proud ofPeteH has much to be proud of

PeteH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
yes...and it's name is BartStar

nice edit BTW, b/c if you left that out you would then be talking about yourself in that post.
Whatever, this site is an insignificant part of my life and your opinion of me won't make me lose any sleep. I promise you that!

If you have an issue with BartStar, drop the ban hammer on him. You have the power to do so, otherwise STFU

I find it odd that this site has mods who attack members just as badly or wose than regular members.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:32 AM   #29
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Whatever, this site is an insignificant part of my life and your opinion of me won't make me lose any sleep. I promise you that!

If you have an issue with BartStar, drop the ban hammer on him. You have the power to do so, otherwise STFU

I find it odd that this site has mods who attack members just as badly or wose than regular members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteH
What a fucking douchebag reply...Typical of this site though.
I have never seen a bigger collection of homers concentrated into one area.
^^ and what do you think that post makes you?
Old 03-10-2011, 05:43 AM   #30
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No, it is not posible to be a bigger horses ass than BartStar.
Quote:

Though you are getting close.....
Old 03-10-2011, 05:49 AM   #31
HeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant future

Name: Jacob
HeadlampRevamp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeLuca View Post
Had to go to the dealer for a part for my Tacoma. Drove around the back and saw this.Attachment 91914

Attachment 91915
Dang my frame looks worse than those and I passed inspection!
Old 03-10-2011, 06:01 AM   #32
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Im just here for the show
Old 03-10-2011, 06:14 AM   #34
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
How about undercoating your frame? Again its your frame now...so take precautions to prevent rust. I know rust sucks, shit attacks everything you own up here ...its up there with mice and taxes IMHO.
I fricken hate rust with a passion, and advise everyone to attack that shit with everything you can. OIL rustoleum, Gallon of WD-40, sweat and tears- wash reg, inspect and repeat. Did I say rust sucks!!
Old 03-10-2011, 06:23 AM   #35
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves104x4 View Post
Yes, I know that "trick" well now. Still doesn't work when the snow is between the door and cab gap, though.
Try this "trick" move where it doesn't snow...

Both of my vehicles were never driven anywhere but AZ. The undercarriage is PERFECT, like it left factory yesterday...
Old 03-10-2011, 06:35 AM   #36
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Question?
yep, when the appocolypse happen thats the first step....all tacomas will rust out, the gas prices will be a billion dollars then MY FUCKING ORANGE JUICE WILL BE WORTH MORE THEN GOLD!
Old 03-10-2011, 06:36 AM   #37
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody6047 View Post
Im just here for the show
this monkey show is will hopefully get good
Old 03-10-2011, 06:39 AM   #38
wyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: BLM/FS
wyotaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTaco View Post
Try this "trick" move where it doesn't snow...

Both of my vehicles were never driven anywhere but AZ. The undercarriage is PERFECT, like it left factory yesterday...
True, but maybe some of us live to ride powder be it snowmobile, ski or snowboard....or snowshoe. I have rode the tetons almost a hundred days this year, and its been an incredible snow year!!
Yes, I to have lived in AZ. Flagstaff was alright, you can get real sick of those mountains quick if your a ski bum. Lake Havasu drove me nuts after a two year stint....I hated how the seasons never changed and there were no trees.

Some people care less about their frames rusting and more about winter sports, endless forests, seasonal changes, and mild summers.

Oh, and my 2006 frame looks pretty damn good with minor surface rust
Old 03-10-2011, 06:41 AM   #39
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcgredneck3006
yep, when the appocolypse happen thats the first step....all tacomas will rust out, the gas prices will be a billion dollars then MY FUCKING ORANGE JUICE WILL BE WORTH MORE THEN GOLD!
by next week I predict orange juice will replace the dollar as our primary form of currency.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:45 AM   #40
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyotaco06 View Post
True, but maybe some of us live to ride powder be it snowmobile, ski or snowboard....or snowshoe. I have rode the tetons almost a hundred days this year, and its been an incredible snow year!!
Yes, I to have lived in AZ. Flagstaff was alright, you can get real sick of those mountains quick if your a ski bum. Lake Havasu drove me nuts after a two year stint....I hated how the seasons never changed and there were no trees.

Some people care less about their frames rusting and more about winter sports, endless forests, seasonal changes, and mild summers.

Oh, and my 2006 frame looks pretty damn good with minor surface rust

PSHHHH who needs mountains and snow when you can have all this!!!!!