Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toyota Frames

Old 03-09-2011, 02:37 PM   #1
JDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
JDeLuca's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota Frames

Had to go to the dealer for a part for my Tacoma. Drove around the back and saw this.Toyota Frames-new-pics-012.jpg

Toyota Frames-new-pics-013.jpg
Old 03-09-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
TacomaNC is on a distinguished road
TacomaNC's Tacoma Gallery
dang thats alot of rust
Old 03-09-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
GSB is on a distinguished road
GSB's Tacoma Gallery
Last trip to my dealer, there were about 5 or 6 rusted frames on the side of the building also. Toyota of Bowie.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:58 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I wonder if they go after Dana for this.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #5
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I wonder if they go after Dana for this.
Last i heard, Dana settled with Toyota for, i think 25 million, over the frame fiasco.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:20 PM   #6
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNYTACOMA View Post
Last i heard, Dana settled with Toyota for, i think 25 million, over the frame fiasco.
I heard about something like that also.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:15 PM   #8
ywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ywen's Tacoma Gallery
a black mark on toyota..

er.. a golden brown mark I should say..
Old 03-09-2011, 06:02 PM   #9
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Rusty frames, sticking throwout bearings, windshield seal leaking, snow falls all over my seat when I open the door, bench seat KILLING me (even with Obus forme back support) I do like alot about this truck, though.

Parts manufacturers just don't care about quality anymore and it shows. It's all about profits.

I still believe Toyota has the best intentions of all the automakers, they're just getting screwed like the rest of us.

Steve
Old 03-09-2011, 06:05 PM   #10
FFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really nice
Name: Dan
FFRNDAN's Tacoma Gallery
Please tell me those are first gen frames.... my 1998 Jimmy has that much rust on the frame right now....?
Old 03-09-2011, 06:24 PM   #12
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves104x4 View Post
Rusty frames, sticking throwout bearings, windshield seal leaking, snow falls all over my seat when I open the door, bench seat KILLING me (even with Obus forme back support) I do like alot about this truck, though.

Parts manufacturers just don't care about quality anymore and it shows. It's all about profits.

I still believe Toyota has the best intentions of all the automakers, they're just getting screwed like the rest of us.

Steve
Try this 'trick'. Try brushing the snow off before opening the door...
Old 03-09-2011, 07:07 PM   #13
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNYTACOMA View Post
Try this 'trick'. Try brushing the snow off before opening the door...
Yes, I know that "trick" well now. Still doesn't work when the snow is between the door and cab gap, though.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:09 PM   #14
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
I wish toyota would e coat their frames, or at least something more protective
Old 03-09-2011, 10:07 PM   #15
slo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
slo13zx3's Tacoma Gallery
tech gets 60 hrs to do a frame. I have seen it done in 10
Old 03-09-2011, 11:08 PM   #16
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFRNDAN View Post
Please tell me those are first gen frames.... my 1998 Jimmy has that much rust on the frame right now....?
Those are 1st gen frames...I looked at the rear shackle and its first gen
Old 03-10-2011, 02:51 AM   #17
BartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of light
BartStar's Tacoma Gallery
oh no! now there's a new problem with the Tacoma? rusted out frames?
should have got the Nissan instead!
you guys should be washing and waxing your frames! its in the maintenance manual!
The coal trucks in my area they spray used oil on the underbody of their trucks so they don't rust out!
You guys should be doing that!
They make automatic car washes that spray the underbody, why don't you guys use those car washes?
I don't blame Toyota if they would reject a rusted out frame warranty claim if you failed to maintain and clean it properly!
Old 03-10-2011, 03:01 AM   #18
Tepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: NY STATE POLICE-Investigator (RET)
Name: Ted
Tepidy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartStar View Post
oh no! now there's a new problem with the Tacoma? rusted out frames?
should have got the Nissan instead!
you guys should be washing and waxing your frames! its in the maintenance manual!
The coal trucks in my area they spray used oil on the underbody of their trucks so they don't rust out!
You guys should be doing that!
They make automatic car washes that spray the underbody, why don't you guys use those car washes?
I don't blame Toyota if they would reject a rusted out frame warranty claim if you failed to maintain and clean it properly!
Dana makes the frames for toyota. On a enormous run of frames Dana screwed up on one of the processing steps which in turn has made all these frames rust way ahead of their time. So it really has nothing to do with toyota at all and has nothing to do with owner maintenance.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:55 AM   #19
BartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of light
BartStar's Tacoma Gallery
Question?
is my 2011 frame going to rust out?
Old 03-10-2011, 04:21 AM   #20
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartStar View Post
Question?
is my 2011 frame going to rust out?
Hang on... where is my time machine at... damnit.. if only I could go back and time to remember where I put it!