Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

First Tacoma

Old 03-12-2011, 05:23 PM   #41
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanPont View Post
Sorry Ive been misleading you guys with a critical piece of info. Both trucks Have 4x4, I thought I added that, untill I saw this comment. Sorry for my mistake.

Im going with the 09. The dealership with the 05 was shady. My friend showed me what they have in the 09. And ive seen the carfax, and I trust my friends work and mechanic since I hang out their alot and Ive had two other successful vehicles. And they left me use the lift and garage whenever I need.
makes sense. dial it in
Old 03-12-2011, 05:39 PM   #43
Taco.Tim is on a distinguished road

Name: Tim
Taco.Tim's Tacoma Gallery
Ahhhh, that makes more sense now. I thought the price was kind of high for a 4 banger, but 4x4 makes all the difference in price (at the expense of some gas mileage, however).

I think the 2009 is the better bet.

Just my .02 worth.

Tim
Old 03-12-2011, 05:48 PM   #44
Rich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Rich Beauregard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sorry Ive been misleading you guys with a critical piece of info. Both trucks Have 4x4, I thought I added that, untill I saw this comment. Sorry for my mistake.

Im going with the 09. The dealership with the 05 was shady. My friend showed me what they have in the 09. And ive seen the carfax, and I trust my friends work and mechanic since I hang out their alot and Ive had two other successful vehicles. And they left me use the lift and garage whenever I need.
Ryan, I am from MA and now live in PA. The I4 would be a great choice if you lived in Fl like oldranger821. As you live in MA, you will find the mpg will not be very impessive with the I4. I know a few people that have the I4 around here in PA and they all said they wished they got the V6. I am not posting this for a V6 vs I4 thing, but just that the guys with the I4's are saying they eat gas going up and down all the hills and just seemed underpowered for their area. I realize not all parts of MA have hills, so maybe you'll be okay with I4. You asked in your first post for suggestions, and that is all this is. Consider the area you live in if you are buying the I4.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:36 PM   #46
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
I have a '09 I4 access cab with the SR5. It is the perfect truck for what I use it for. I don't do any offroading or pull a boat, just haul stuff for working around the house and camping gear in the summer. Couldn't be happier with it.

My mind set as like ..... a good looking and riding ride with all the right extras .... a few minor cosmetic mods .... set up as I want it.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:55 AM   #47
Chief Pal Guy -- NOT Sir
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

After watching/reading this for 3 days....I think you made the right decision. I'm very happy with my 2007/I4/5spd/4x4 Access Cab.

I have little doubt you'll be happy with your decision for many years! Congrats on the new truck! Post a pic when you get it.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:27 AM   #48
oldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant future
Air Force: Security Police
Name: John
oldranger821's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Beauregard View Post
Ryan, I am from MA and now live in PA. The I4 would be a great choice if you lived in Fl like oldranger821. As you live in MA, you will find the mpg will not be very impessive with the I4. I know a few people that have the I4 around here in PA and they all said they wished they got the V6. I am not posting this for a V6 vs I4 thing, but just that the guys with the I4's are saying they eat gas going up and down all the hills and just seemed underpowered for their area. I realize not all parts of MA have hills, so maybe you'll be okay with I4. You asked in your first post for suggestions, and that is all this is. Consider the area you live in if you are buying the I4.
I agree with you Rich about the hills and where you live. Ryan, you made the right choice between the 2 Tacos IMHO. Here along the Gulf coast, it's flat as a pancake. Highest hill is 212 feet. I am originally from The Uniontown area south of you Rich. The I4 from ALL the research I have done will be fine IMHO. Just waiting for my new truck. Hopefully here by this coming Friday. Wife says I am like a kid in a candy store with a dollar bill.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:09 AM   #49
RyanPont is on a distinguished road
RyanPont's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MQQSE View Post
After watching/reading this for 3 days....I think you made the right decision. I'm very happy with my 2007/I4/5spd/4x4 Access Cab.

I have little doubt you'll be happy with your decision for many years! Congrats on the new truck! Post a pic when you get it.
Yea im pretty happy about it too, and stressed at the same time. But I know it will be a good truck. I might pay a little more a month than I do with my Xterra, but the gas bill will save me a little, and Ill have somthing I can really enjoy