Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tacoma recall info (pedal and TPMS)

Old 03-10-2011, 08:45 AM   #1
TheRiddleOfSteel is on a distinguished road
TheRiddleOfSteel's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma recall info (pedal and TPMS)

I had the pedal fixed but didnt know about the TPMS, which it looks like toyota will fix for free but they havent notified anyone yet

(sorry, it wouldnt open link to tacoma info so you have to input it)

http://204.238.19.67/recalls/results.cfm
Old 03-10-2011, 08:50 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Repost X93837464. It is a dealer issue not a Toyota defect.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:58 AM   #3
(now I dont know if I even really believe that there was an accelerator issue)

but how would it be a dealer issue and not a toyota issue if toyota is saying they designed the pedal wrong and they are now correcting it?

vehicle design would seem to = toyota
Old 03-10-2011, 09:04 AM   #4
Tacoma *****
uberyaz13 is a jewel in the roughuberyaz13 is a jewel in the roughuberyaz13 is a jewel in the rough
uberyaz13's Tacoma Gallery
The TPMS just came out a few days ago. You're really on the ball.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:08 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberyaz13 View Post
The TPMS just came out a few days ago. You're really on the ball.

you're right....I should probably win something...
Old 03-10-2011, 09:41 AM   #6
Bought Tacoma & signed up here as fast as I could!
BRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: El Conquistador
BRYLONATOR's Tacoma Gallery
I really have a problem with the pedal issue. We bought my wife a 2010 RAV4 sport and it was not included in the recall. Reason being was because it was built in Japan. They apparently use different parts there. Only North American cars were affected. Here is my problem......if this whole scenario was legit, why didn't they just ship the parts over from Japan to correct the problem instead of going nuts trying to re-design it? This has been an on going issue and they simply could have brought the parts over and fixed the problem in a week. Compare it to what just happened a couple of weeks ago here in the states. The company that makes the headliners for most of the big three burned to the ground. Almost all of the big 3 factories came to a screeching halt! The new Chevy cruze is actually a Kia or Hyundai and within 4 days, the dye presses needed to make the headliners for that car were loaded on a ship and is already up and running here in the states. The car plant was down for only a total of 4 days! you may not realize this but that is HUGE!!!!
Old 03-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #7
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I already fixed my TPMS issue by not purchasing it. Base model victory #69
Old 03-10-2011, 11:27 AM   #8
Bought Tacoma & signed up here as fast as I could!
BRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: El Conquistador
BRYLONATOR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhk View Post
You obviously don't realize this, but the brake pedal recall was POLITICAL, not technological.
My Family and I have all worked/ currently work for GM. I am well aware of this and I hate it that the public gets hosed the way they do. Toyota is not perfect by any means but I have worked on everything from Yugo's to Ferrari's and Toyota is by far the best quality commercially sold vehicle out there. I truly despise bullies and bully business tactics. Toyota definitely does a better job of standing behind their products than any other manufacturer. I can't even tell you how many head gasket jobs they performed on the earlier 3.0 engines. The fact that they bought back all of those taco's with the frame problem and then switched to replacing the frame all together! I had my 3.0 swapped by dealer in old Lexus rx300. Tranny in newer RX350. Good company. Sorry to hijack the thread! I will get off of my soap box now!
Old 03-11-2011, 09:54 PM   #10
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
At least Toyota does the recall. Most car companies ignore problems regrardless of the bad press they get. I remember the Pinto and the bullshit Ford threw out before they were forced to deal with it.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:18 PM   #11
Outdoorsman
Jere is a name known to allJere is a name known to allJere is a name known to allJere is a name known to allJere is a name known to allJere is a name known to all

Jere's Tacoma Gallery
Looks to me like the TPMS recall is to correct a problem I wish I had, that is that the dash light does not come on. I'd rather assume personal responsibility to check my own tire pressure. Had to do it for the first 40+ years of vehicle ownership, I feel qualified to do it for the next 40 (I hope).