Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

whats the difference ?

Old 03-10-2011, 10:07 AM   #1
kxiong93 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
kxiong93's Tacoma Gallery
whats the difference ?

Hey guys, just out of curiosity, i looked up TRD sport and TRD off road, and i was wondering what the difference was between the two in performance other than the hood scoop and other add ons. Also which of the two is better between the two? Just wondering because i have TRD sport :P

Thanks guys!
Old 03-10-2011, 10:09 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
There is no performance difference. Which one is better is decided on the buyer. They both have their own purpose.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:11 AM   #4
Bean&Cheese Taco
tiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to all
Army: E-2   13Fox
Name: VIC
tiresmokintacoma's Tacoma Gallery
trd off road is better. Sell your sport and get an off road. trust me. Do this before you start doing anything to your truck. If i would have know this, I would have sold this truck the day I got it and bought me a trd off road 4x4.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:11 AM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TRD Off-Road Extra Value Package: Off-road-tuned Suspension with Bilstein Shocks, Locking Rear Differential, 16" Alloy Wheels with P265/70R16 BF Goodrich Tires, VSC [4]+ATRAC in place of Standard VSC [4]+TRAC (4X4 models only) with Hill Start Assist Control (HAC) [5] and Downhill Assist Control (DAC) [5] (HAC & DAC available on 4X4 Automatic Transmission models only), Engine Skid Plate, Front Tow Hook, 115V/400W Deck Powerpoint, Fog Lamps, Power Outside Mirrors (Access Cab models only), Remote Keyless Entry System, Cruise Control, Variable-Speed Wipers, Overhead Console with Compass & Temperature Gauge, Chrome Grille Surround & Rear Bumper, Color-Keyed Front Bumper & Overfenders, Smoked Headlamp Trim, Sliding Rear Window with Privacy Glass, Sport Seats with Driver Lumbar Support and Sport Fabric Trim in place of Standard Bucket Seats (passenger-side fold-flat feature delete), Metallic-Tone Instrument Panel Trim, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel with Audio Controls & Leather-Wrapped Shifter (A/T models only), Dual Sunvisors with Mirrors & Extenders, Tailgate-handle integrated backup camera [1] linked with an auto-dimming mirror with monitor [1], TRD Off-Road Graphics

TRD Sport Extra Value Package: Sport Suspension with Bilstein Shocks, 17" Alloy Wheels with P265/65R17 Tires, Hood Scoop, Color-Keyed Grille Surround/Bumpers/Power Mirrors (Access Cab models only)/Door Handles/Overfenders, Smoked Headlamp Trim, Sliding Rear Window with Privacy Glass, 115V/400W Deck Powerpoint, Fog Lamps, Remote Keyless Entry, Cruise Control, Variable Speed Wipers, Overhead Console with Compass and Temperature Gauge, Sport Seats with Driver Lumbar Support and Sport Fabric Trim in place of Standard Bucket Seats (passenger-side fold-flat feature delete), Metallic-Tone Instrument Panel Trim, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel with Audio Controls and Shifter (A/T models only), Dual Sunvisors with Mirrors and Extenders, Tailgate-handle integrated backup camera [1] linked with an auto-dimming mirror with monitor [1], TRD Sport Graphics

I gave this thread a rating of horrible.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:13 AM   #7
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiresmokintacoma View Post
trd off road is better. Sell your sport and get an off road. trust me. Do this before you start doing anything to your truck. If i would have know this, I would have sold this truck the day I got it and bought me a trd off road 4x4.
I have the best of both worlds...Scooped Hood and a Locker

Old 03-10-2011, 10:15 AM   #8

I read online that TRD sport has LSD lock on the back and no diff lock?
Old 03-10-2011, 10:16 AM   #9
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by kxiong93 View Post
Yup.

TRD Off-Road Extra Value Package: Off-road-tuned Suspension with Bilstein Shocks, Locking Rear Differential, 16" Alloy Wheels with P265/70R16 BF Goodrich Tires, VSC [4]+ATRAC in place of Standard VSC [4]+TRAC (4X4 models only) with Hill Start Assist Control (HAC) [5] and Downhill Assist Control (DAC) [5] (HAC & DAC available on 4X4 Automatic Transmission models only), Engine Skid Plate, Front Tow Hook, 115V/400W Deck Powerpoint, Fog Lamps, Power Outside Mirrors (Access Cab models only), Remote Keyless Entry System, Cruise Control, Variable-Speed Wipers, Overhead Console with Compass & Temperature Gauge, Chrome Grille Surround & Rear Bumper, Color-Keyed Front Bumper & Overfenders, Smoked Headlamp Trim, Sliding Rear Window with Privacy Glass, Sport Seats with Driver Lumbar Support and Sport Fabric Trim in place of Standard Bucket Seats (passenger-side fold-flat feature delete), Metallic-Tone Instrument Panel Trim, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel with Audio Controls & Leather-Wrapped Shifter (A/T models only), Dual Sunvisors with Mirrors & Extenders, Tailgate-handle integrated backup camera [1] linked with an auto-dimming mirror with monitor [1], TRD Off-Road Graphics

TRD Sport Extra Value Package: Sport Suspension with Bilstein Shocks, 17" Alloy Wheels with P265/65R17 Tires, Hood Scoop, Color-Keyed Grille Surround/Bumpers/Power Mirrors (Access Cab models only)/Door Handles/Overfenders, Smoked Headlamp Trim, Sliding Rear Window with Privacy Glass, 115V/400W Deck Powerpoint, Fog Lamps, Remote Keyless Entry, Cruise Control, Variable Speed Wipers, Overhead Console with Compass and Temperature Gauge, Sport Seats with Driver Lumbar Support and Sport Fabric Trim in place of Standard Bucket Seats (passenger-side fold-flat feature delete), Metallic-Tone Instrument Panel Trim, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel with Audio Controls and Shifter (A/T models only), Dual Sunvisors with Mirrors and Extenders, Tailgate-handle integrated backup camera [1] linked with an auto-dimming mirror with monitor [1], TRD Sport Graphics
Old 03-10-2011, 10:16 AM   #10
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kxiong93 View Post
yup, you have LSD and the OR has a locker...
Old 03-10-2011, 10:17 AM   #11
Bean&Cheese Taco
tiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
I have the best of both worlds...Scooped Hood and a Locker

Lucky! not a big fan of the color matched stuff (i like it all black on my white truck) but i do like the hood
Old 03-10-2011, 10:18 AM   #12

I see. Thanks guys!
Old 03-10-2011, 10:19 AM   #13

Quote:
too late to do so haha
Old 03-10-2011, 10:20 AM   #14
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lucky! not a big fan of the color matched stuff (i like it all black on my white truck) but i do like the hood
Why didn't you just get an SR5 ?
Old 03-10-2011, 10:20 AM   #15
Sport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Sport11's Tacoma Gallery
The hood scoop alone gives us an extra 45 h.p.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:21 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport11 View Post
The hood scoop alone gives us an extra 45 h.p.
Haha Totally!
Old 03-10-2011, 10:25 AM   #17
Bean&Cheese Taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Why didn't you just get an SR5 ?
I have a DC long bed SR5. I just got rid of all the chrome, replaced it with black, black fenderflares and all that good stuff. I just wish at times i had 4wd (all the time) or at least a damn locker. I want to sell my truck but i got so much money in it that I really dont want to start over from scratch ish.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:26 AM   #19

Quote:
YEA, I ditched all the chrome on my truck except for the rear bumper which will be gone soon

Went with black
Old 03-10-2011, 10:28 AM   #20
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Def not subscribing to this thread!! *unsubscribed*