Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

About to pull the trigger

Old 03-10-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
TXMarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXMarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXMarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXMarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXMarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXMarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXMarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXMarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXMarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXMarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXMarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
Name: Fred
TXMarine's Tacoma Gallery
About to pull the trigger

This is my very first post. Since im not an owner yet and have been a member for a bit I think this is the right place for this question. Im about to go to the dealership with my financing already lined up and I am not trading my other vehicle. How much off of the msrp can I expect to get away with? I am in the greater Houston area and would like to hear from others that are close by but any input is welcome. I am looking at a crew cab short bed trd. If my calculations are correct it will be close but I want real world numbers.

And for the record, this forum is by far one of the most knowledgable groups of people I have had the pleasure of lurking!
Old 03-10-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BlueTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
It depends, trd makes a variety of differnt tacoma's you got the Trd off road. Trd sport. And I think the newest package is the trd TX all have differnt msrp's and all are the same description you gave, which trd are you going with?
Old 03-10-2011, 11:31 AM   #3
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome aboard fellow Texan!
Its been years since I have bought mine, but I they are proud of the Tacoma, so they don't come down much. If you are on your way now I can't help, but if you give me a little bit, I still have my sticker and I can tell you what I paid.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #4
TXMarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXMarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXMarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXMarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXMarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXMarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXMarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXMarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXMarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXMarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXMarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
I have about a week. Im going for the trd off road package. But might have to settle for the sport because of the price difference.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:31 PM   #5
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BlueTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMarine View Post
I have about a week. Im going for the trd off road package. But might have to settle for the sport because of the price difference.
I got the offroad package msrp for 25000 o.b.o but its only dropped 4500 in the last 3 in a half years
Old 03-10-2011, 12:33 PM   #6
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
on my other vehicles, i would usually take about 10% off the mrsp

and be happy with that.

but on this past truck i only got about 7%.

they were unwilling to deal that much.

the salesman even said 10% couple years ago no problem

but now the trucks are priced lower to try and sell them,

so no big discounts
Old 03-10-2011, 12:43 PM   #7
opinions are like assholes; everyones got one.
TacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TacoSport's Tacoma Gallery
1) Go to the dealer and find the truck you want and write down the model and option in the vehicle plus any discounts and leave.
2) Then go to edmunds.com and find out the Invoice price for the truck with those options
3) Call the dealer back and try to get as close to that number as you can.

Invoice varies from dealer to dealer so they may haggle a bit but you should expect to get it for invoice +/- $400. If they don't want to deal then move to the next dealer.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #8
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my 2010 about 7 months ago. DCLD SR5 prerunner. Sticker was about 26,500.00 and they came down about 6 or 7%. I don't remember the exact numbers. I did not have any trade and gave close to 1/2 down. The market in Houston must be good because they wouldn't budge much. This was an internet sale. When I read stories about the deals in other parts of the country its hard to imagine. Hope this helps.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:14 PM   #9
OKWalker is on a distinguished road
OKWalker's Tacoma Gallery
I went through Bank of America website - they found a local dealership who would do $100 under dealer invoice on the vehicle. ZAG is the service if I recall correctly.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:42 PM   #10
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
If you want that top of the line truck make your best offer and stick to it. Tell the salesman he has 12 hours to make it happen or you're out of there (mention NISSAN). You will NOT be happy buying a truck you really don't want. It's your money, not their money...yet.

Steve
Old 03-10-2011, 02:00 PM   #12
NiceGuyEddie is a glorious beacon of lightNiceGuyEddie is a glorious beacon of lightNiceGuyEddie is a glorious beacon of lightNiceGuyEddie is a glorious beacon of lightNiceGuyEddie is a glorious beacon of light

NiceGuyEddie's Tacoma Gallery
Taco Sport is right on the money, pun intended!

i did a LOT of research on pricing before i purchased mine.

there were over 100 people on the forum that said they paid about $400 over invoice, which is about what the Costco price is.

i went to seven dealerships here in SoCal, everybody gave about the same price. no freebies, no floor mats, no free maintenance, no free window tint, nothing but about $400 over invoice price. they all had lots of stock on trucks, the economy was at about it's lowest, and they all said every truck will sell.

so i did the Costco thing and chose the dealer closest to my house

i hope you can do better, but it was costing me $100 in fuel to drive to all the dealerships..... (took the hot rod)

$400 less than what i paid is only going to be about $8 a month over a 60 month loan... do your best but don't kill yourself doing it

~~~~~~~
Old 03-10-2011, 04:03 PM   #13
Marines:
i appreciate all the advice
Old 03-10-2011, 04:11 PM   #14
scott504 will become famous soon enough
scott504's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuyEddie View Post
Taco Sport is right on the money, pun intended!

i did a LOT of research on pricing before i purchased mine.

there were over 100 people on the forum that said they paid about $400 over invoice, which is about what the Costco price is.

i went to seven dealerships here in SoCal, everybody gave about the same price. no freebies, no floor mats, no free maintenance, no free window tint, nothing but about $400 over invoice price. they all had lots of stock on trucks, the economy was at about it's lowest, and they all said every truck will sell.

so i did the Costco thing and chose the dealer closest to my house

i hope you can do better, but it was costing me $100 in fuel to drive to all the dealerships..... (took the hot rod)

$400 less than what i paid is only going to be about $8 a month over a 60 month loan... do your best but don't kill yourself doing it

~~~~~~~
I think the Costco deal varies month to month. I bought mine thru the Costco program last year and it was invoice. The salesman said they get different Costco pricing monthly.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:14 PM   #15
ILikeTacosToo is on a distinguished road

Navy: SLJO
Name: Kyle
ILikeTacosToo's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man... i am not sure if you are a USAA member but this chart came from USAA's car buying site... just thought it might help... this is for a 4X4 TRD Off Road.