1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear spring TSB rejected for Certified Used Comprehensive Warranty coverage

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Rocketman, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Mar 10, 2011 at 1:39 PM
    Rocketman

Rocketman [OP] Member

Member:
    Downingtown, PA
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Off Road
    Just got rejected by Toyota Financial Service even though I have the certified used comprehensive coverage for another year. Dealer said it needed it too.

Bought the 2007 Tacoma with 42,500 and even though the certified used warranty goes another 12,000/12 month it's not covered, truck now only has 42,650 and purchased three weeks ago.

MAJOR FAIL on Toyota's part. They told me the certified comprehensive warranty only covers mechanical failure of components and not 'ride comfort' complaints as it relates to the TSB.

They said they would only cover it if the un-loaded vehicle height was not within spec...I told them it's when it's loaded is the problem. So I gently said, "Ok so I buy a CERTIFIED truck that went through the 160 whatever point inspection and it passed, but now I can't even drive it around and use it as a truck without bottoming out all the time with 200lbs in the bed?".

2. Mar 10, 2011 at 2:22 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    You might want to re-read the TSB before you get pissed. It pretty clearly stated 3yr/36K warranty last time I looked.

Not to mention- You bought a used truck...Who knows what the schumck who used to own it did with it.

3. Mar 10, 2011 at 2:45 PM
    Rocketman

Rocketman [OP] Member

Member:
    Downingtown, PA
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Off Road
    Not pissed just irked with the fact that the comprehensive doesn't carry over even after the 36k. The schmuck before didn't use it as a truck but as a car, bed was never used. Oh well, can't expect handouts through life just figured I'd try...OME kit here I come.

4. Mar 12, 2011 at 5:24 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    I have 38,500 on my 07 after much round & round my dealer & toyo USA said ok to fix it. Dealer called fri. and asked if i could come over to see him,went over last night and got to do a ride along in a o8 crew with the new springs, The thing road like a western flyer wagon i had when i was a5y.o.. I have changed my mind on the new springs. I like the ride my truck has and dont want to mess it up. Tacos are maxed out at 1300 lb. thats riders and cargo. If you need to haul any heavy loads you did not buy the right truck. Love it for what it is or get a big truck. :hungry::taco: jmho,,,,,, Jim

5. Mar 12, 2011 at 5:37 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    If that's the case then I suggest OP just get a Toytec AAL and just fuck the TSB leafs. Mine had 48k on it, certified and same thing so I just did AAL. I have loaded up 1500 lbs in the truck without any bottoming or any other issues from it. When it was loaded up it still had 2 or 3 inches between bump stops and frame. It never gets close to bottming any other times. Of course I'm not running the Lucas offroad racing series either.......and it rides just fine unloaded.

6. Mar 12, 2011 at 5:41 AM
    river rat 69

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    Thanks ,good to know

7. Mar 12, 2011 at 5:42 AM
    kauaibuilt

kauaibuilt U no kea but AINOFEA!

Member:
    LA/SGV
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB
    Check out my sig...
    Friend was looking at used Taco/FJ and took me along. When he decided on what he wanted (FJ) first thing I asked was what TSB's were done and what is available. Was gonna get whatever TSB things done that he wanted before we left the dealership.

8. Mar 12, 2011 at 5:48 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    That "certified" shit just means the vehicle costs more than a similar used vehicle that wasn't "certified". Mine had autolite shit plugs that made the thing idle crazy and no cabin air filter and autolite battery and rr main leak and no name shitty oil filter etc etc etc. IMO that = certified bullshit. I expect certified, "as close to new as possible for customer confidence" or whatever their propaganda states to have toyota filters, plugs, battery, no obvious leaks to argue about and what they advertise - as close to new as possible. It isn't and they don't so it is simply bullshit retoric to get more money. Of course it was half price as new and has 100k drivetrain warranty so yeah, made the choice to go with it and made it as close to new as possible myself at my expense and they have had to deal with drivetrain issues at their expense too on several occasions so there you have it. Certified, used or new there will still be issues with them. CYA as much as possible no matter which you purchase.

9. Mar 12, 2011 at 5:57 AM
    BartStar

BartStar Well-Known Member

Member:
    pa
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4X4 Double Cab, 6 speed man
    oh! boo hoo hoo! :::::::::::sniff::::::::::sniff:::::sniff:::::: mommy! they didn't give me my free rear springs! ::::::::::::sniff::::::::::sniff:::sniff

10. Mar 12, 2011 at 5:58 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    They did him a favor so fuckoff troll bitch.

Do you ever plan on posting anything that actually contributes something useful to this forum?

11. Mar 12, 2011 at 6:50 AM
    river rat 69

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    X2 New folks wont stay around long if you piss down there leg.:smack:

12. Mar 12, 2011 at 7:28 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    All this jerkoff does is drop in, stir the pot with douchebag posts like above and turns things into shit storm threadjack bullshit so the sooner the better....or hang around and continue that cheesedick nonsense for all I care.

A good AAL will make your truck right and you can save wasted headache and time having fun with dealerships. IMO, the AAL will stiffen up the ride and keep you off the bumpstops and still ride decent unloaded as good or better for general mixed use than the oem 4 leaf packs that some bitch about being too stiff afterward.

13. Mar 12, 2011 at 7:32 AM
    thebottomline

thebottomline Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pac NW
    Vehicle:
    11 sport
    It makes it easy to tell who were the assholes in high school....

14. Mar 12, 2011 at 7:40 AM
    Sandhopper

Sandhopper Well-Known Member

Member:
    I made sure the TSB was completed when I bought my 05 with 57K in January this year. If it had not been completed I was prepared to make it part of the deal. I have hauled a half cord of oak in mine and had absolutely no bottoming out issues. I am having some runaround on the Windshield Whistle TSB but hopefully we can negotiate a resolution soon. Otherwise I will have to try the TSB myself. Good Luck getting this resolved.

15. Mar 12, 2011 at 7:45 AM
    400lbGorilla

400lbGorilla ^Son of a hamster, I smell of elderberries.

Member:
    First Name:
    T-LAM
    Ocean City, MD
    Vehicle:
    BSP 4X4 BASE
    Roof Rack, TRD exhaust, Hood Shield, Side Steps, 5% Tints, Tow Package, Bed Extender, Billies at 2.5, Toytec TSB AAL, Avid Offroad Bar, Cruise Control, Removed Sway, Hella 700s, 6000k HIDs, diff breather mod. DTRL, BHLM,Sockmonkyed.
    Maybe try to swap with someone with the TSB done, I know there were people complaining because of the ride gets stiffer with the new leaf pack. I remember seeing a couple guys that wanted to go back to the 3 leaf. Put up a WANT TO TRADE see if anyone wants to go back.

16. Mar 12, 2011 at 7:55 AM
    river rat 69

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    If i had went with the swap i would want my old springs back. The two rides are night and day keep what you got op.........:deadhorse:

17. Mar 12, 2011 at 8:34 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    I see just doing an AAL a compromise between having 3 leaf oem pack and 4 leaf oem pack as far as ride quality, it keeps you off bumpstops, it only costs 80.00 & no wasted time or breath with the dealer given the age/mileage of his truck.

18. Mar 12, 2011 at 8:51 AM
    river rat 69

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    X2

19. Mar 12, 2011 at 9:23 AM
    glwood6

glwood6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    03 XCab Prerunner
    Bilstein 4600 shocks.
    I didn't know what others were talking about when they said you pretty much crapped on every thread you post on...now I know what they meant.

Do you have any friends beside your mother?

20. Mar 12, 2011 at 9:36 AM
    Kingfrog

Kingfrog Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail Edition
    Undercover,Pop n Lock, Hardwired GPS, Garage door opener , Scanguage II, wireless back up camera, X994 Basslink, ...Prefer stock and non invasive functional mods
    Get the Firestone Airbag System..Adjust the suspension according to need....WIN!!

Products Discussed in

To Top