Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rear spring TSB rejected for Certified Used Comprehensive Warranty coverage

Old 03-10-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
Rocketman is on a distinguished road
Rocketman's Tacoma Gallery
Rear spring TSB rejected for Certified Used Comprehensive Warranty coverage

Just got rejected by Toyota Financial Service even though I have the certified used comprehensive coverage for another year. Dealer said it needed it too.

Bought the 2007 Tacoma with 42,500 and even though the certified used warranty goes another 12,000/12 month it's not covered, truck now only has 42,650 and purchased three weeks ago.

MAJOR FAIL on Toyota's part. They told me the certified comprehensive warranty only covers mechanical failure of components and not 'ride comfort' complaints as it relates to the TSB.

They said they would only cover it if the un-loaded vehicle height was not within spec...I told them it's when it's loaded is the problem. So I gently said, "Ok so I buy a CERTIFIED truck that went through the 160 whatever point inspection and it passed, but now I can't even drive it around and use it as a truck without bottoming out all the time with 200lbs in the bed?".
Old 03-10-2011, 03:24 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
It still bottoms out even with the TSB but it does it less.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #4
Rocketman is on a distinguished road
Rocketman's Tacoma Gallery
Not pissed just irked with the fact that the comprehensive doesn't carry over even after the 36k. The schmuck before didn't use it as a truck but as a car, bed was never used. Oh well, can't expect handouts through life just figured I'd try...OME kit here I come.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:24 AM   #5
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
Not pissed just irked with the fact that the comprehensive doesn't carry over even after the 36k. The schmuck before didn't use it as a truck but as a car, bed was never used. Oh well, can't expect handouts through life just figured I'd try...OME kit here I come.
I have 38,500 on my 07 after much round & round my dealer & toyo USA said ok to fix it. Dealer called fri. and asked if i could come over to see him,went over last night and got to do a ride along in a o8 crew with the new springs, The thing road like a western flyer wagon i had when i was a5y.o.. I have changed my mind on the new springs. I like the ride my truck has and dont want to mess it up. Tacos are maxed out at 1300 lb. thats riders and cargo. If you need to haul any heavy loads you did not buy the right truck. Love it for what it is or get a big truck. jmho,,,,,, Jim
Old 03-12-2011, 06:37 AM   #6
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
It still bottoms out even with the TSB but it does it less.
If that's the case then I suggest OP just get a Toytec AAL and just fuck the TSB leafs. Mine had 48k on it, certified and same thing so I just did AAL. I have loaded up 1500 lbs in the truck without any bottoming or any other issues from it. When it was loaded up it still had 2 or 3 inches between bump stops and frame. It never gets close to bottming any other times. Of course I'm not running the Lucas offroad racing series either.......and it rides just fine unloaded.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:41 AM   #7
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
If that's the case then I suggest OP just get a Toytec AAL and just fuck the TSB leafs. Mine had 48k on it, certified and same thing so I just did AAL. I have loaded up 1500 lbs in the truck without any bottoming or any other issues from it. When it was loaded up it still had 2 or 3 inches between bump stops and frame. It never gets close to bottming any other times. Of course I'm not running the Lucas offroad racing series either.......and it rides just fine unloaded.
Thanks ,good to know
Old 03-12-2011, 06:42 AM   #8
U no kea but AINOFEA!
kauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Nurse
kauaibuilt's Tacoma Gallery
Friend was looking at used Taco/FJ and took me along. When he decided on what he wanted (FJ) first thing I asked was what TSB's were done and what is available. Was gonna get whatever TSB things done that he wanted before we left the dealership.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:48 AM   #9
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
That "certified" shit just means the vehicle costs more than a similar used vehicle that wasn't "certified". Mine had autolite shit plugs that made the thing idle crazy and no cabin air filter and autolite battery and rr main leak and no name shitty oil filter etc etc etc. IMO that = certified bullshit. I expect certified, "as close to new as possible for customer confidence" or whatever their propaganda states to have toyota filters, plugs, battery, no obvious leaks to argue about and what they advertise - as close to new as possible. It isn't and they don't so it is simply bullshit retoric to get more money. Of course it was half price as new and has 100k drivetrain warranty so yeah, made the choice to go with it and made it as close to new as possible myself at my expense and they have had to deal with drivetrain issues at their expense too on several occasions so there you have it. Certified, used or new there will still be issues with them. CYA as much as possible no matter which you purchase.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:57 AM   #10
BartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of light
BartStar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just got rejected by Toyota Financial Service even though I have the certified used comprehensive coverage for another year. Dealer said it needed it too.

Bought the 2007 Tacoma with 42,500 and even though the certified used warranty goes another 12,000/12 month it's not covered, truck now only has 42,650 and purchased three weeks ago.

MAJOR FAIL on Toyota's part. They told me the certified comprehensive warranty only covers mechanical failure of components and not 'ride comfort' complaints as it relates to the TSB.

They said they would only cover it if the un-loaded vehicle height was not within spec...I told them it's when it's loaded is the problem. So I gently said, "Ok so I buy a CERTIFIED truck that went through the 160 whatever point inspection and it passed, but now I can't even drive it around and use it as a truck without bottoming out all the time with 200lbs in the bed?".
oh! boo hoo hoo! :::::::::::sniff::::::::::sniff:::::sniff:::::: mommy! they didn't give me my free rear springs! ::::::::::::sniff::::::::::sniff:::sniff
Old 03-12-2011, 06:58 AM   #11
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

They did him a favor so fuckoff troll bitch.

Do you ever plan on posting anything that actually contributes something useful to this forum?
Old 03-12-2011, 07:50 AM   #12
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:
They did him a favor so fuckoff troll bitch.

Do you ever plan on posting anything that actually contributes something useful to this forum?
X2 New folks wont stay around long if you piss down there leg.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:28 AM   #13
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
X2 New folks wont stay around long if you piss down there leg.
All this jerkoff does is drop in, stir the pot with douchebag posts like above and turns things into shit storm threadjack bullshit so the sooner the better....or hang around and continue that cheesedick nonsense for all I care.

A good AAL will make your truck right and you can save wasted headache and time having fun with dealerships. IMO, the AAL will stiffen up the ride and keep you off the bumpstops and still ride decent unloaded as good or better for general mixed use than the oem 4 leaf packs that some bitch about being too stiff afterward.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:32 AM   #14
thebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thebottomline's Tacoma Gallery
It makes it easy to tell who were the assholes in high school....
Old 03-12-2011, 08:40 AM   #15
Sandhopper is on a distinguished road

Sandhopper's Tacoma Gallery
I made sure the TSB was completed when I bought my 05 with 57K in January this year. If it had not been completed I was prepared to make it part of the deal. I have hauled a half cord of oak in mine and had absolutely no bottoming out issues. I am having some runaround on the Windshield Whistle TSB but hopefully we can negotiate a resolution soon. Otherwise I will have to try the TSB myself. Good Luck getting this resolved.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:45 AM   #16
^Son of a hamster, I smell of elderberries.
400lbGorilla is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: OS
Name: T-LAM
400lbGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe try to swap with someone with the TSB done, I know there were people complaining because of the ride gets stiffer with the new leaf pack. I remember seeing a couple guys that wanted to go back to the 3 leaf. Put up a WANT TO TRADE see if anyone wants to go back.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:55 AM   #17
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400lbGorilla View Post
Maybe try to swap with someone with the TSB done, I know there were people complaining because of the ride gets stiffer with the new leaf pack. I remember seeing a couple guys that wanted to go back to the 3 leaf. Put up a WANT TO TRADE see if anyone wants to go back.
If i had went with the swap i would want my old springs back. The two rides are night and day keep what you got op.........
Old 03-12-2011, 09:34 AM   #18
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I see just doing an AAL a compromise between having 3 leaf oem pack and 4 leaf oem pack as far as ride quality, it keeps you off bumpstops, it only costs 80.00 & no wasted time or breath with the dealer given the age/mileage of his truck.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:51 AM   #19
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:
I see just doing an AAL a compromise between having 3 leaf oem pack and 4 leaf oem pack as far as ride quality, it keeps you off bumpstops, it only costs 80.00 & no wasted time or breath with the dealer given the age/mileage of his truck.
X2
Old 03-12-2011, 10:23 AM   #20
glwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartStar View Post
oh! boo hoo hoo! :::::::::::sniff::::::::::sniff:::::sniff:::::: mommy! they didn't give me my free rear springs! ::::::::::::sniff::::::::::sniff:::sniff
I didn't know what others were talking about when they said you pretty much crapped on every thread you post on...now I know what they meant.

Do you have any friends beside your mother?