Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New (to me) offroad ready tacoma!!!

Old 03-10-2011, 03:21 PM   #1
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
anethema's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation New (to me) offroad ready tacoma!!! (GOT IT! MORE PICS)

Well, I'm selling my 2WD now, and was going to wait, but found a great deal on a lease takeover. Financing etc is already done, but with this there are ten months in the lease so thats how long I have to sell my 2WD.

It has been wheeled for sure,but I had the dealership go over it with a fine toothed comb and everything came back 100%. Crack in winshield, brakes at about 50% but everything mechanical all ok.

The ad lists the following:

2008 Tacoma TRD Offroad. Access Cab. Silver.
- 4.0L V6 6spd standard
- Full load interior (Power windows, mirrors, locks, AC, auto dimming rear view mirror, compass, outside temperature, leather stearing wheel & shifter, fabric seats) (no leather seats available till 2010/11 and only in sport model)
- Toyota Fabric floor mats (like new) and Toyota all season rubber floor mats.
- 109,000kms (lots of hiway) (~60k miles)
- Full bumper to bumper warrenty for 200,000kms or 6years (124 274 miles)
- Factory 400watt power inverter
- Extra tie downs in box (only comes with two by tailgate from factory)
- Bed rail adjustable tie down system
- Factory rear E-Locker
- Toyota roof rack for an extended cab truck modified to fit on an access cab, works great, only difference is you cant fold the cross bars away into the sides.
- ARB front bumper (ready to have a winch installed in it)
- Allpro rock sliders (welded on, not bolted through the frame, no holes drilled)
- Icon adjustable coil overs up front set at 2.5" over stock.
- Stock spring pack in the rear with 2 extra leafs re-arched to match the front
-Firestone airbags in the rear to help with extra loads.
-Tires: 255/85R16 BFG KM2 Mud Terrains (33") with full size spare. Tread is at 80% and the spare is brand new.
- Remote Start system with 2 remotes.
- Electric Trailer Brake Contoller
- block heater
-Tow package (with bigger alternator and class 4 hitch)

He also threw in 2 Lightforce 170 HID lights.

That was kind of rambling, but any ways this will be my new baby:

To date, I have ordered some stuff for it, some he took out and I have to replace, some just stuff I wanted.

-2 more lightforce 170 (Non HID) lights.
-Bluesea fuse block with switches and illuminated labels on it
-Bluesea 100A circuit breaker for the fuse block.
-Smittybilt Comp XRC-8 and some snatchblocks, shackles, tree protectors, etc.
-Yaesu 350M radio and a Nuvi 350, which will show my position and all of my buddies position on a nice garmin Topo map. All thru radio. Can talk/text on it radio to radio, no cell service needed.

At some point I'll prob go dual battery with an isolator.

I know most say to do your own lift, but this is a 2008 with everything I wanted essentially, for cheaper than I can get a stock 2008 TRD. I wouldn't be able to afford to spend 25k or more on a stock truck, then another $10k putting lifts, tires, bumper, etc on it.

The main purpose will be ultimate camping truck, so it seems about perfect for me.

My cost with taxes in etc will be $21,000 CAD. (Around $21,500 USD).

What do you guys think?
Old 03-10-2011, 04:01 PM   #2
Yota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Yota Newb's Tacoma Gallery
Looks nice.
I'm not up on the cost of 4x4's but from what I have seen on this site, I would say it's a good deal.

'08 with 60K isn't bad by itself.

If it runs and drives great, and has no big issues, I think it's a good deal.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
If I were about to purchase that truck I would take it to my mechanic who I've known for over 15 yrs and get a 2nd opinion. Enjoy the truck.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:16 PM   #4
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
not bad!
Old 03-10-2011, 04:24 PM   #5
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like you're ready to roll...enjoy.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #6
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
I don't see where the newer toy is a 4x4 ? Just an Off Road... But it looks great.. The Ride Rite Air Bags will bake a big difference.. no bottoming out with a load!
Old 03-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #7
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm afraid I've always done my own work, but never owned a vehicle old enough for long enough that any major work would be required.

But apparently the dealer went over it pretty well.

The throwout bearing issue had cropped up, and was done several times and most/whole transmission was replaced quite a while ago. It was happening fairly frequently and since the major replacement hasn't reoccurred since.

Again, truck still on the best extended warranty Toyota has for another 3 years/60,000 km. The shaft that bearing rides on is specifically mentioned in coverage.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:51 PM   #8

It is 4x4

Haha how great would it be if I go through the whole purchase, and 4x4 was carefully not mentioned once and its a prerunner.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:13 PM   #9
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
WOW!! i like it alot.

i got an 06 with 36k miles, bone stock for $19k..so i think you got a great deal!!

i like all the mods on your truck. and the tire size, is good looking..
Old 03-10-2011, 05:15 PM   #10
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i bought my truck in LA. i was hopping on the plane to buy it, and had to call the owner.."huh..about to get on the plane, it IS a 4x4 right?"

affirmative. i asked before, but i just wanted to hear it again.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:17 PM   #11

Ya I like the tires. Any bigger than 33's and some real cutting would be involved it sounds like haha.

Ya even it being mentioned here gave me a scare. "Wow, we couldn't have miscommunicated that this whole time could I?"

Then I looked at the pic, nope, 4wd
Old 03-11-2011, 07:03 AM   #12

Well, going to work, and taking off early to grab the truck. Did you guys have any suggestions of what to check during test-drive?

From searching I saw make sure it goes into 4x4 smoothly, check the locker, clutch engagement, etc. Anything else?
Old 03-11-2011, 07:07 AM   #13
MURDERED_TACO
nick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud of

nick's Tacoma Gallery
good job man! thats a cool lookin truck dude..
Old 03-11-2011, 11:25 AM   #15

Thanks, I'll take a look in the service manual on where they all are and check em.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:35 PM   #16

Well I got it! Getting used to a manual again so its a little jerky haha..

Runs great, no problems evident on test drive. 4x4 works great, went in the snow a little, locked the diff up, and did some fuckin around.

Very happy so far!

Put about 100km on it (had a job to go do and took it instead of the work van, for 'gettnig used to' purposes )
Old 03-11-2011, 09:25 PM   #17
MURDERED_TACO
nick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud of

nick's Tacoma Gallery
glad to hear it... nice bumper..
Old 03-11-2011, 09:35 PM   #18
Three Percenter
SampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Steve
SampleFool's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a good truck to me, as long as there are no evident leaks and the clutch feels tight I would buy too. Whats the price on it cause looks like u got a good deal.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:40 PM   #19

Clutch feels great (tested by me and someone more experianced in manuals).

0 Leaks that I can see (its been sitting on snow too).

It is a lease takeover but will be about 21k CAD in the end.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:09 PM   #20

Nice, its mine! Washed it up, threw my scangauge in, and I'm half way there!

Once I get my bluesea stuff, I'll install it into the hood area. THEN it will be time to throw in the GPS/APRS tracking/2-way radio. Lightforce lights should be there by then, and I'll have 2 HID flood lights and 2 130W spot lights to go on the ARB bumper.

In a few weeks winch will be here, and I'll be set!