whats the major differences

Old 03-11-2011, 01:53 PM   #1
Ethan
ezjumper8 will become famous soon enough

Marines: 1-5
Name: ethan
ezjumper8's Tacoma Gallery
whats the major differences

Im looking into buy a new tacoma, and i cant decide on buying either the trd offroad edition or the trd sport edition. what are the major differences for the both of them?
Old 03-11-2011, 01:55 PM   #2
BartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of light
BartStar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezjumper8 View Post
Im looking into buy a new tacoma, and i cant decide on buying either the trd offroad edition or the trd sport edition. what are the major differences for the both of them?
price
Old 03-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #3
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...trd-sport.html

Here is a start.
Welcome to the forum
Old 03-11-2011, 02:02 PM   #4
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Off road has the rear locker and 16' all terrain tires. Sport has the hood scoop and 17' wheels with basically a street tire.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:08 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Toyota.com has some great info.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:11 PM   #6
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
One is more badass than the other......
Old 03-11-2011, 02:21 PM   #7
Forcritessake is on a distinguished road
Army: MP, 2175th MP CO
Name: Jason
Forcritessake's Tacoma Gallery
Sport ftw...color matched everything, no chrome (plastic chrome)
Old 03-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #8
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
Thanks man! So why did you get the off road then?

Seriously though, I wanted the sport to start out until I learned about the locker. Then I wanted the or, but wanted the JBL. Only truck I could find with the JBL was the sport and it was equiped exactly the way I wanted it originally so it just felt right. I dont do hard core off roading and figured I'm already getting a 4x4 so it wasn't necessary. Sometimes I do wish I had gotten the or, but I love my blue tooth and use it every day. Had the truck for just over a month now and haven't used the 4x4 except on a gravel driveway one day just to try it out. So I guess I made the right decission.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:36 PM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TRD Off-Road Extra Value Package: Off-road-tuned Suspension with Bilstein Shocks, Locking Rear Differential, 16" Alloy Wheels with P265/70R16 BF Goodrich Tires, VSC [4]+ATRAC in place of Standard VSC [4]+TRAC (4X4 models only) with Hill Start Assist Control (HAC) [5] and Downhill Assist Control (DAC) [5] (HAC & DAC available on 4X4 Automatic Transmission models only), Engine Skid Plate, Front Tow Hook, 115V/400W Deck Powerpoint, Fog Lamps, Power Outside Mirrors (Access Cab models only), Remote Keyless Entry System, Cruise Control, Variable-Speed Wipers, Overhead Console with Compass & Temperature Gauge, Chrome Grille Surround & Rear Bumper, Color-Keyed Front Bumper & Overfenders, Smoked Headlamp Trim, Sliding Rear Window with Privacy Glass, Sport Seats with Driver Lumbar Support and Sport Fabric Trim in place of Standard Bucket Seats (passenger-side fold-flat feature delete), Metallic-Tone Instrument Panel Trim, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel with Audio Controls & Leather-Wrapped Shifter (A/T models only), Dual Sunvisors with Mirrors & Extenders, Tailgate-handle integrated backup camera [1] linked with an auto-dimming mirror with monitor [1], TRD Off-Road Graphics

TRD Sport Extra Value Package: Sport Suspension with Bilstein Shocks, 17" Alloy Wheels with P265/65R17 Tires, Hood Scoop, Color-Keyed Grille Surround/Bumpers/Power Mirrors (Access Cab models only)/Door Handles/Overfenders, Smoked Headlamp Trim, Sliding Rear Window with Privacy Glass, 115V/400W Deck Powerpoint, Fog Lamps, Remote Keyless Entry, Cruise Control, Variable Speed Wipers, Overhead Console with Compass and Temperature Gauge, Sport Seats with Driver Lumbar Support and Sport Fabric Trim in place of Standard Bucket Seats (passenger-side fold-flat feature delete), Metallic-Tone Instrument Panel Trim, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel with Audio Controls and Shifter (A/T models only), Dual Sunvisors with Mirrors and Extenders, Tailgate-handle integrated backup camera [1] linked with an auto-dimming mirror with monitor [1], TRD Sport Graphics

and again

TRD Off-Road Extra Value Package: Off-road-tuned Suspension with Bilstein Shocks, Locking Rear Differential, 16" Alloy Wheels with P265/70R16 BF Goodrich Tires, VSC [4]+ATRAC in place of Standard VSC [4]+TRAC (4X4 models only) with Hill Start Assist Control (HAC) [5] and Downhill Assist Control (DAC) [5] (HAC & DAC available on 4X4 Automatic Transmission models only), Engine Skid Plate, Front Tow Hook, 115V/400W Deck Powerpoint, Fog Lamps, Power Outside Mirrors (Access Cab models only), Remote Keyless Entry System, Cruise Control, Variable-Speed Wipers, Overhead Console with Compass & Temperature Gauge, Chrome Grille Surround & Rear Bumper, Color-Keyed Front Bumper & Overfenders, Smoked Headlamp Trim, Sliding Rear Window with Privacy Glass, Sport Seats with Driver Lumbar Support and Sport Fabric Trim in place of Standard Bucket Seats (passenger-side fold-flat feature delete), Metallic-Tone Instrument Panel Trim, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel with Audio Controls & Leather-Wrapped Shifter (A/T models only), Dual Sunvisors with Mirrors & Extenders, Tailgate-handle integrated backup camera [1] linked with an auto-dimming mirror with monitor [1], TRD Off-Road Graphics

TRD Sport Extra Value Package: Sport Suspension with Bilstein Shocks, 17" Alloy Wheels with P265/65R17 Tires, Hood Scoop, Color-Keyed Grille Surround/Bumpers/Power Mirrors (Access Cab models only)/Door Handles/Overfenders, Smoked Headlamp Trim, Sliding Rear Window with Privacy Glass, 115V/400W Deck Powerpoint, Fog Lamps, Remote Keyless Entry, Cruise Control, Variable Speed Wipers, Overhead Console with Compass and Temperature Gauge, Sport Seats with Driver Lumbar Support and Sport Fabric Trim in place of Standard Bucket Seats (passenger-side fold-flat feature delete), Metallic-Tone Instrument Panel Trim, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel with Audio Controls and Shifter (A/T models only), Dual Sunvisors with Mirrors and Extenders, Tailgate-handle integrated backup camera [1] linked with an auto-dimming mirror with monitor [1], TRD Sport Graphics

last time

Old 03-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #10
andrew is a jewel in the roughandrew is a jewel in the roughandrew is a jewel in the roughandrew is a jewel in the rough
andrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm starting to notice how helpful your comments are...
Old 03-11-2011, 02:57 PM   #11
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew View Post
I'm starting to notice how helpful your comments are...
Well,its true isnt it?
Old 03-11-2011, 02:59 PM   #12

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
Thanks man! So why did you get the off road then?

Seriously though, I wanted the sport to start out until I learned about the locker. Then I wanted the or, but wanted the JBL. Only truck I could find with the JBL was the sport and it was equiped exactly the way I wanted it originally so it just felt right. I dont do hard core off roading and figured I'm already getting a 4x4 so it wasn't necessary. Sometimes I do wish I had gotten the or, but I love my blue tooth and use it every day. Had the truck for just over a month now and haven't used the 4x4 except on a gravel driveway one day just to try it out. So I guess I made the right decission.
I got the offroad because i knew that it was indeed a more badass package than the sport
Its more capable than the sport right out of the factory......thats the main reasonfor me
Old 03-11-2011, 08:01 PM   #13
supralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
supralight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I got the offroad because i knew that it was indeed a more badass package than the sport
Its more capable than the sport right out of the factory......thats the main reasonfor me
X2, I'll just buy the 200$ colormatch grill and a flat black rear bumper that I can paint (no need for a fake hood scoop, I would feel so bad having that on my truck) and I'll get what I was looking for from the sport edition.

No way to add all the OR goodies to a sport though...
Old 03-11-2011, 08:05 PM   #14
Banned
I got the offroad because I didn't want to buy a new truck then go tearing apart the drivetrain just to add lockers. For the kind and frequency off offroading I do I will be jsut fine as is. If I was into hardcore stuff I would have bought a Sport for looks then I would to a Wrangler behind it.