Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I Think I have the 25MPH vibration issue.....

Old 03-12-2011, 09:41 AM   #1
Banned
Kingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarines-Sonar Tech
Kingfrog's Tacoma Gallery
I Think I have the 25MPH vibration issue.....

Was driving home and made a turn in a neighborhood and heard and felt some clacking upon light acceleration..droeve past the house to confirm.Yeah some drive line vibration. I had just got back from the dealer where I asked about a loud driver side window motor and wind sheild wiper motor. Going to make an appoint ment to have my oil changed and let them look at those two things. Now I found a TSB for what I think the truck has..... They were pretty nice although backed up.

Here they will pick up and deliver your vehicle for service or warranty issues. I figure I will just drive it in and have the shuttle driver take me home.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:07 AM   #2
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfrog View Post
Now I found a TSB for what I think the truck has.....
I have a little vibe as well between 22-27 MPH.

What is the description of the TSB you found?
Old 03-12-2011, 11:15 AM   #3
Banned
Kingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryWi View Post
I have a little vibe as well between 22-27 MPH.

What is the description of the TSB you found?
t-sb-0132-08 2005-2008
Customers complain about a vibration between 25-25MPH felt in the seat floorboard and or steering wheel"

In my case it as a sound I noticed first which likely is a result of the vibration,,
Old 03-12-2011, 11:25 AM   #4
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfrog View Post
t-sb-0132-08 2005-2008
Customers complain about a vibration between 25-25MPH felt in the seat floorboard and or steering wheel"

In my case it as a sound I noticed first which likely is a result of the vibration,,
Thanks for the info Frog.

I had 5100s (set at 1.75) put on my new truck at about 250 miles, and THEN I started to notice the vibe.

But before that for the first 250 we had snow-covered ridged road surfaces and being a new vehicle and all, I may not have noticed even if it was vibing then.

The question is: Was it there before and I just didn't notice it?

I am going to check out the TSB. Hope they don't give me sheet if I take it to the dealer because of the Billys.

We'll see...
Old 03-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #5

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
Just noticed: TSB is '05 to '08.

I guess my '11 won't qualify

Shit.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:40 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryWi View Post
Just noticed: TSB is '05 to '08.

I guess my '11 won't qualify

Shit.
Yeah 2008 back only... If I bought new I would be careful not to modify anything until I was convinced there are no niggles in the vehicle in the first 6 months or so.