Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Are all 2005+ scoop inserts the same?

Old 03-12-2011, 12:30 PM   #1
MRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to behold

Name: Marco
MRW's Tacoma Gallery
Are all 2005+ scoop inserts the same?

I have a 2006 and recently bought a 2009 insert. Are they the same? I tried asking toyota they told me they may have different part numbers, I tried removing my stock one but two bolts are stripped so I have to wait til I have more time.

But from looking under the hood 90% of the part numbers and codes underneath are identical. The other 10% I cant read because it's hidden behind the brackets

Just want to double check before I get some work done on it. Thanks!
Old 03-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #2
MRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to behold

MRW's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 03-12-2011, 05:44 PM   #3
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
should be...my 07 looked and mounted the same as my 09.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
MiG-21 superfan
builthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony Mandarich
builthatch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRWorks View Post
I have a 2006 and recently bought a 2009 insert. Are they the same? I tried asking toyota they told me they may have different part numbers, I tried removing my stock one but two bolts are stripped so I have to wait til I have more time.

But from looking under the hood 90% of the part numbers and codes underneath are identical. The other 10% I cant read because it's hidden behind the brackets

Just want to double check before I get some work done on it. Thanks!
just an FYI, i don't know how toyota works but honda will list the same parts sometimes under different part numbers. many times they end up superseding to the latest number, but i'm saying - i've seen everything from blower motors to cranks that i know for a fact are exactly the same have different PNs.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:10 PM   #6

MRW's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:09 AM   #7
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
quick look in a parts catalog for the part number would do you.
They don't come with the hood.