Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Are all 2005+ scoop inserts the same?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2011, 12:30 PM   #1
MRW [OP] MRW is offline
Senior Member
MRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to behold
 
MRW's Avatar
Name: Marco
Joined: Sep 2010, #43529
Location: Sunny San Diego
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,289
MRW's Tacoma Gallery
Are all 2005+ scoop inserts the same?

I have a 2006 and recently bought a 2009 insert. Are they the same? I tried asking toyota they told me they may have different part numbers, I tried removing my stock one but two bolts are stripped so I have to wait til I have more time.

But from looking under the hood 90% of the part numbers and codes underneath are identical. The other 10% I cant read because it's hidden behind the brackets

Just want to double check before I get some work done on it. Thanks!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #2
MRW [OP] MRW is offline
Senior Member
MRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to behold
 
MRW's Avatar
Name: Marco
Joined: Sep 2010, #43529
Location: Sunny San Diego
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,289
MRW's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:44 PM   #3
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
jhodge83's Avatar
Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
Joined: Apr 2007, #1432
Location: Moncks Corner, SC
Age: 31
Gender: Guy
Posts: 25,409
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
should be...my 07 looked and mounted the same as my 09.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
MiG-21 superfan
builthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
builthatch's Avatar
Name: Tony Mandarich
Joined: Nov 2010, #46713
Location: near the ocean, NJ
Gender: Male
Posts: 548
builthatch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRWorks View Post
I have a 2006 and recently bought a 2009 insert. Are they the same? I tried asking toyota they told me they may have different part numbers, I tried removing my stock one but two bolts are stripped so I have to wait til I have more time.

But from looking under the hood 90% of the part numbers and codes underneath are identical. The other 10% I cant read because it's hidden behind the brackets

Just want to double check before I get some work done on it. Thanks!
just an FYI, i don't know how toyota works but honda will list the same parts sometimes under different part numbers. many times they end up superseding to the latest number, but i'm saying - i've seen everything from blower motors to cranks that i know for a fact are exactly the same have different PNs.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:10 PM   #6
MRW [OP] MRW is offline
Senior Member
MRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to behold
 
MRW's Avatar
Name: Marco
Joined: Sep 2010, #43529
Location: Sunny San Diego
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,289
MRW's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:09 AM   #7
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
island808's Avatar
Name: Jedediah
Joined: Oct 2010, #44414
Location: hawaii
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,896
island808's Tacoma Gallery
quick look in a parts catalog for the part number would do you.
They don't come with the hood.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: 2005 white non-scoop hood mlevinson Buy / Sell / Trade 4 01-19-2012 07:26 PM
2005 silver hood for sale ( no scoop) - $150 mxnborder Buy / Sell / Trade 11 09-02-2011 09:50 PM
F/S Hood Scoop Insert for 2005+ Tacomas TacoinMD Buy / Sell / Trade 7 11-14-2009 01:22 PM
i need a scoop hood black 2005 rocivm Buy / Sell / Trade 0 04-02-2009 09:30 PM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.