LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need help deciding what nerf bar to get

Old 03-18-2011, 11:23 AM   #22
Husker_in_KC has a spectacular aura aboutHusker_in_KC has a spectacular aura about
Husker_in_KC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Moose View Post
Wow! Glad I went with the Chrome ones 6 years ago. Mine still look brand new. They do come with a lifetime warranty, so I'm curious if you brought it to Westin's attention.
Black Powder coat only comes with a 3 year warranty now days, I guess mine had a 5 year warranty on them, but now it is too late.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:33 AM   #23
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTOY View Post
I'm looking at getting a set of Westin Nerf Bars.. Can't decide between the Platinum Oval bars or E-Series Bars.. Truck is all White and am looking at getting black bars.. trying to keep it cheaper, but want good quality.. Any help would be appreciated.. Thanx.
http://www.rocky-road.com/tacomarockrail.html

these are the one's i'm planning on getting...
Old 03-19-2011, 05:33 PM   #24
gregp is on a distinguished road
gregp's Tacoma Gallery
Just curious, but do you guys actually end up using those steps in everyday use to get in and out of your truck? I have a brand new 2011 4x4 access cab base, and it feels like some steps would come in handy. The seats are much higher off of the ground than on my old 2001 Dodge Dakota 2wd, and I end up kind of sliding off of the edge of the seat and dropping to the ground. My wife wanted me to get a set of Toyota tube steps, but I am wondering if these N-Fab's, or Smitty-bilt steps are positioned better (lower) than OEM or Westin tubes - or if it really doesn't make a difference.... Are any of these systems adjustable at all? Or can they be modified slightly to allow a lower mounting position?
I am mostly concerned with having the steps in the best, most useable position. A secondary concern for me would be preventing door dings in parking lots.
Excuse my ingnorance, but I have zero experience with these things, and they are kind of expensive, so I want to buy the "right" ones.
Thanks!
Old 03-20-2011, 11:55 AM   #26
DJTOY is on a distinguished road

DJTOY's Tacoma Gallery
Greg, good questions..
I dont know if they stick out enough to prevent door dings.. I did notice they don't help me get in the truck but getting out is a bit easier.. they do help my 5 year old get in and out.. so, they do what i need them to and look good..
Old 03-20-2011, 12:02 PM   #27
ttime4four is on a distinguished road

Name: John
ttime4four's Tacoma Gallery
I just put the Westin Premium Oval bars ordered from AutoAnything. They look better than I had imagined and install was a snap. Next, I'm going to get them Line-X'd for about $100 more.

My needs were more for step functionality without having the look of a "step".
Old 03-27-2011, 02:28 PM   #28

DJTOY's Tacoma Gallery
pics on bars

I really like the look of these bars..
Attached Thumbnails
Need help deciding what nerf bar to get-dscn1264.jpg   Need help deciding what nerf bar to get-dscn1265.jpg  
Old 04-26-2011, 07:09 PM   #29
sbates is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Steve
sbates's Tacoma Gallery
Guys, I'm in the market for some flat black nerf bars and need some suggestions. I can't stand seeing nerf bars mounted 4 or more inches below the rocker panel. It makes the truck look much lower than what it is. I'm looking for a set of nerf bars that use the stock mounting holes and that mount very close to the rocker panel (2" or less from the rocker). The only thing I've seen online are these: http://trdparts4u.com/Scripts/prodVi...product=329810 , but the OEM tube steps tend to look a little too wide. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:11 PM   #30

DJTOY's Tacoma Gallery
The nfabs are only 2 inches from rocker panels in factory holes. And are cheaper. M
Old 04-30-2011, 06:04 AM   #31
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
The Aires nerf bars I have use the factory mounting holes and are very close to the body.

Go to their website and look for the 4" ovals. They have a few pics to look at. I don't have any pics of mine. Sorry.

Products Discussed in this Thread